***The Official Univ, of Maryland Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just received an invitation to interview on the 26th. I wonder if there are class spots available or if the interview is just for the wait list. I'm OOS.

congrats!!!! what were your stats? if ya don't mind me asking :)

Members don't see this ad.

congrats!!!! what were your stats? if ya don't mind me asking :)
Sure, 3.65 overall 3.54 science 21 aa. My application mailed out in June, so needless to say I was surprised to hear back after all this time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an invitation to interview on the 26th. I wonder if there are class spots available or if the interview is just for the wait list. I'm OOS.
My interview is on the 12th and I was wondering the same! OOS as well.

idk... I had a dec 4th interview and still haven't heard back. did any post dec hear back yet?

I interviewed 11/19 STILL nothing, not even a waitlist. Not that I want a wait list. Just knowing something is better than nothing. I have a feeling their class is Close to being Full.

Still no news. Has anyone called to ask for an update?

Still no news. Has anyone called to ask for an update?
I called today and they said it's rolling admissions so whenever they want to let you know pretty much? I interviewed dec. 3rd... Still haven't heard either

I called today and they said you can hear all the way up to the first week of August. I interviewed mid November and I haven't heard back. Have no idea if post December acceptances of gone out.

I called today and they said it's rolling admissions so whenever they want to let you know pretty much? I interviewed dec. 3rd... Still haven't heard either
I called today and they said you can hear all the way up to the first week of August. I interviewed mid November and I haven't heard back. Have no idea if post December acceptances of gone out.

Those responses are given. Everyone should already know admissions is rolling post December 2nd and that there is a possibility someone will always drop their seat anytime after the class is considered "full". I just wish they could be a little more vocal about what is going on, ya know?

Anybody send in a supplemental and not get an interview afterwards?

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone get an acceptance who had an interview post dec?

Interviewed 11/19 and still haven't heard. I contacted and they said I'm still under review. :shrug:

I wonder how full the class is already. It's really taking them a long time to update us on next batch of acceptances.

I'm sure the class isn't full. I wish they would be more vocal about the next round. Do you think they will send out another big batch of acceptances soon?

I agree with what everyone is saying. They need to start being more vocal about decisions, especially for applicants who already attended interviews. Maryland is my first choice as I'm sure it is for many of you here. I interviewed January 8th and still nothing! Has any post December acceptances been offered ?

Can you guys tell me where you parked on the day of your interview? If you used a parking garage, do you remember how much the fee was for the day? Thank you :)

Just got the acceptance email! Interviewed dec. 3

YAY ACCEPTANCE FINALLY!!!! FIVE YEARS COMING!!! Email about 11:45 stating a first class letter will be sent with an offer to UMD!! Interviewed Jan. 29th!

YAY ACCEPTANCE FINALLY!!!! FIVE YEARS COMING!!! Email about 11:45 stating a first class letter will be sent with an offer to UMD!! Interviewed Jan. 29th!
To Emm266:

I'm really impressed by your determination. I wish I could have the chance to meet you. I was interviewed at UMaryland on Feb 5th. It was a fabulous school. Enjoy the moment!

Reactions: 1 user
Are there any fellow Californians that were accepted and will be attending Maryland in the Fall?

Last edited:
Did anybody here interview Jan. 8th with me?

Does Maryland require anatomy as a prerequisite?

Interview invite for 2/26!

Wonder if the class is filled?

I got a feb 26 invite too last Friday. I hoooope I get in here (or anywhere for that matter)! I feel like I've been picked last for kickball tho with such a late invite.. Loll. Probably barely any spots left :/ .

I got a feb 26 invite too last Friday. I hoooope I get in here (or anywhere for that matter)! I feel like I've been picked last for kickball tho with such a late invite.. Loll. Probably barely any spots left :/ .

See ya on 2/26! So excited to see what everyone on here has been raving about.
I called to confirm my interview date and the secretary said that there ARE seats available.
And hey, an invite is an invite... I'd honestly prefer a post-dec invite as opposed to those who interviewed in September, and had to wait months to hear back. Who knows, as a post-dec candidate, there's potential to hear back within a couple weeks or even days.

See ya on 2/26! So excited to see what everyone on here has been raving about.
I called to confirm my interview date and the secretary said that there ARE seats available.
And hey, an invite is an invite... I'd honestly prefer a post-dec invite as opposed to those who interviewed in September, and had to wait months to hear back. Who knows, as a post-dec candidate, there's potential to hear back within a couple weeks or even days.

I interviewed in Oct and still waiting to hear back... I'm losing hope that I'll get into my state school.

Best of luck to you who are interviewing!

Interviewing tomorrow! For those that have already interviewed -- do you have any advice to offer? I am so excited! haha Good luck to everybody --- I hope you all get in too! Don't lose faith/hope, anything can happen! =)

Why has there been no movement from Maryland

Just be a bit patient! A lot of the interviewees had offers from other schools. At least for my group on Feb 5th.

Still waiting patiently. I really hope we hear back within the next month!

I interviewed on Feb 12 and Dr. Porter said that we could hear something in 2 weeks at the earliest, but it could take until mid-March. Hang in there!

I interviewed in the beginning of January and still nothing. She said within 2 weeks

are they still giving interviews at this point and does anyone know if their are any more seats left????????????????????

I interviewed in the beginning of January and still nothing. She said within 2 weeks

Did you call and ask her or did she mention did in your interview? Interviewed in mid November and losing hope in my state school too. I hope we here back soon. Trying to stay patient and positive. Good luck everybody!!

I interviewed yesterday. I was told it was the last day of interviews and that 136 offers have been given with 136 first deposits. So the class is full at the moment. I was told that almost every year 20-25 kids don't pay the 2nd deposit so those seats will open up but that could happen any time.

That's a lot of useful information! Thank you for letting us know.

I interviewed yesterday. I was told it was the last day of interviews and that 136 offers have been given with 136 first deposits. So the class is full at the moment. I was told that almost every year 20-25 kids don't pay the 2nd deposit so those seats will open up but that could happen any time.
That's a lot of useful information! Thank you for letting us know.

Do either of you know when second deposit is due?

I haven't been accepted so I have no idea when the deadline is. I'm assuming it's April 1.

I won't be submitting my second deposit, so hopefully one of you gets my spot! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Any recent updates? I interviewed on the 26th and have been checking my email every 5 minutes, lol.

Any recent updates? I interviewed on the 26th and have been checking my email every 5 minutes, lol.
Don't waste your time bro. The class is filled according to the earlier posts. Start checking your email on April 1 when seats start to open up because of the deposit deadline! Good luck!