***The Official Univ, of Maryland Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Interview invite! :D 2 interviews in one month! :soexcited:

Super stoked to interview here! :highfive:

Members don't see this ad.

havent heard anything about an interview or rejection at all :eek:

Have you tried contacting them? I contacted them 5 days ago and they sent in the supp app yest and today I got the interview! Perhaps try that? :)

Reactions: 1 user
I heard that you must also pay MD state taxes. Meaning that you actually have to have a job here. This is what threw off some of the potential students at my interview. I am not sure how people will be able to work and go to school full time...

I heard you only have to pay Maryland taxes on taxable income/file taxes in MD. So if you have no taxable income then maybe it doesn't matter? Can any current students confirm this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview went well! The dean of admissions even knew my name! Whoohoo! Got my fingers, toes, and everything else crossed!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Interview went well! The dean of admissions even knew my name! Whoohoo! Got my fingers, toes, and everything else crossed!!!

That sounds wonderful! :) I'm glad you had such a great interview!
How was the interview process? Was it more relaxed or more formal?

That sounds wonderful! :) I'm glad you had such a great interview!
How was the interview process? Was it more relaxed or more formal?
For the most part it was relaxed. They did get a bit more serious when they were doing the actual interview, but that's because they want to know your true motivation for going into the field of dentistry. I really had a good time though! The dental students were fun and kept us laughing! I would love to be part of this school... :)

Have you tried contacting them? I contacted them 5 days ago and they sent in the supp app yest and today I got the interview! Perhaps try that? :)
When is your other interview!?

Last edited:
Does anyone know anybody that participated in the summer research training program? I'm wondering what the schedule would be like during the summer.

Does anyone who recently interviewed have any insight as to when the next round of acceptances might come?

I haven't received the Supp application. Do you think is there any hope?
does anyone know if the class is full?

I interviewed on January 14th, and still haven't heard back. Im getting nervous

Members don't see this ad :)
The admission said it could be anywhere btw now and April when the waitlist opens. So about 2 months of sadness :(( I'm gonna need something that's more than coffee and less than cocaine lol

I was there a week ago and they said that the class is not yet full... a good sign I suppose?
I'm PRAYING for an acceptance. I don't think I've ever wanted anything else more in my life... lol

Reactions: 2 users
For those who are getting invites, are you guys IS or OOS? Just curious.

I am in-state. Anyone interested in exploring Baltimore after the interview on the 18th?

Interview in 3 days! Wondering how people are dressing up since it is going to be cold. Should we still wear a suit underneath our jackets/coats? Also is the tour indoors or outdoors?

Finally any words of advice? :)

Interview in 3 days! Wondering how people are dressing up since it is going to be cold. Should we still wear a suit underneath our jackets/coats? Also is the tour indoors or outdoors?

We r on the same day!!! Definitely wear warm jackets/coats outside. The city I stayed is -7F...Cold enough...

the tour goes outside, but they might skip it if it's too cold.
i def think you can get away with a dress shirt, tie and sweater if that's warmer.
they're not really looking at your clothes, just as long as you look professional and neat.

good luck!

Just received the supplemental.
7 months after your application was sent. Haha. You going to fill it out? If you're invited to interview, would you go? You seem pretty set on UPitt.

Has anyone decided on living arrangements yet?

7 months after your application was sent. Haha. You going to fill it out? If you're invited to interview, would you go? You seem pretty set on UPitt.
Hahaha. I'm not filling it out - definitely going to Pitt. I thought it was funny they waited until now to even send me the supplemental.

Does anyone know by chance when the admissions committee meets?

Reactions: 1 users

So, how'd the day go? Any insight on when adcom meets?

So, how'd the day go? Any insight on when adcom meets?

Was at interview yesterday..Dr. Porter said that we should expect a response either 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, etc. from today...so it looks like they are meeting every two weeks...she also said that they are waiting on upcoming deadlines for responses from those accepted..so until then they won't send more acceptances..i think that deadline is coming up soon...she said there were about 30 spots open..so the class is not full yet.

Reactions: 3 users
Was at interview yesterday..Dr. Porter said that we should expect a response either 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, etc. from today...so it looks like they are meeting every two weeks...she also said that they are waiting on upcoming deadlines for responses from those accepted..so until then they won't send more acceptances..i think that deadline is coming up soon...she said there were about 30 spots open..so the class is not full yet.

*Sigh* I just hope it isn't a long wait.

Yes, I remembered Dr. Porter said the deadline for the deposit is 23rd.

it was good, very relaxed....this is school is mind boggling with all their technology....its insane!

it was good, very relaxed....this is school is mind boggling with all their technology....its insane!

awesome! how many people were in your group, if you dont mind me asking.
also, did they give you any time frame to hear from them?

they didnt say when we would hear back. and we had about 20 people in our group. it was their last interview date

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my acceptance this morning. Interviewed January 28th. Good luck people.

Reactions: 6 users
I really wish they can let me know now so I can finally move on with my life :(

Reactions: 4 users
I really wish they can let me know now so I can finally move on with my life :(

Just got my acceptance this morning. Interviewed January 28th. Good luck people.
Oh wow they're doing acceptances on Mondays now.

Congrats bugzy! I interviewed with you.

I'm praying hard they give more acceptances out!

Congrats!!! It seems like they are sending out acceptances from now on!!!

Did they call or email you?
They emailed me this morning, around 9am. They gave me two weeks to respond (to the 16th). So I guess more spots will open up after that. Odds are that not everyone will accept. (however, I will be accepting my offer, sorry) Good Luck, keep hoping!!!

Reactions: 4 users