***The Official Univ, of Maryland Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad.

Is the for the pharmacy school or other schools? I'm starting at the pharmacy school! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the for the pharmacy school or other schools? I'm starting at the pharmacy school! :)
I am pretty sure there is pre-pharm forum. Just go to the 'Forums' on the top of the page, next to 'Home', and scrolling down that pg, u will find it. Hoping it will help in some way~

Anyone hear anything today? I got WL and am driving myself crazy while waiting.

A lot of people suggest that if you get WL to continue to express your interest to the school.
However the week before I got WL, I did that and gave an update on what I'm doing.

I don't know if I should reach out again or not.
I don't want to be annoying and overkill it, and I don't really know what else I would say, BUT at the same time I don't want the adcom to think I'm chillin and that this isn't my 1st choice school.

What do you guys think?

(can you tell I'm overthinking this??)

Thank goodness i just started binge watching The Walking Dead to keep me somewhat distracted....

A lot of people suggest that if you get WL to continue to express your interest to the school.
However the week before I got WL, I did that and gave an update on what I'm doing.

I don't want to be annoying and overkill it, and I don't really know what else I would say, BUT at the same time I don't want the adcom to think I'm chillin and that this isn't my 1st choice school.

What do you guys think?

Thank goodness i just started binge watching The Walking Dead to keep me somewhat distracted....
I haven't got anything since my Feb. interview, even a WL email...Sad...

What do you guys think?

Contacting them once every 2 weeks or so is beneficial. Email them instead of calling them if you are afraid that you will screw up and annoy them on the phone.

Contacting them once every 2 weeks or so is beneficial. Email them instead of calling them if you are afraid that you will screw up and annoy them on the phone.

Thanks for the response!

What else can I say when I email them?
B/c it's mid-semester, not much has changed academically for me yet...

Do I just say I want to reiterate how much I love the school and want to go there?

Have you guys sent in your official letter of interest? I think this may be worthy if Maryland is your current top choice. Most importantly, focus on being polite! Draft the letter like it's snail mail and send it in PDF form. The wait is almost over, just be patient!

Focus on specific things you like about the school in the letter.

Last edited:
You guys email the admissions office? Would anyone making the decisions actually see our email or just a front office secretary?

well, we just never know. If their class is
I haven't got anything since my Feb. interview, even a WL email...Sad...
Hang in there @qingnongwu, I am in the same boat. I am rooting for both of us. Take a deep breath, let it out slowly. May this anxiety go away....Have a great Easter.

Reactions: 1 users
well, we just never know. If their class is

Hang in there @qingnongwu, I am in the same boat. I am rooting for both of us. Take a deep breath, let it out slowly. May this anxiety go away....Have a great Easter.
Glad to see you again Sissi. Yes just relax first for this weekends, lol~ Have a great Easter to you, too!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So, I'm trying to tell myself since there is no news on here that Maryland hasn't accepted anyone off the waitlist yet and there is still hope!

Yeah, I'm going to stick that thought (as best I can).

I thought for sure some folks would have gotten accepted between wed and fri...

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed in February and haven't heard anything at all yet. No waitlist, no rejection, nothing. Would you guys recommend me sending an email expressing my interest in the school even if I haven't been waitlisted? Should I just email admissions if I decide to? Help!!

I interviewed in February and haven't heard anything at all yet. No waitlist, no rejection, nothing. Would you guys recommend me sending an email expressing my interest in the school even if I haven't been waitlisted? Should I just email admissions if I decide to? Help!!
I have the same situation as you, also interviewed in Feb. nothing heard back. Really need some suggestions!!

Me too! I interviewed in Jan (IS applicant) and didn't hear WL or rejection. I sent an update, which they acknowledged and when I called the office, they said my application was still under review (not sure what that means).

I recently sent a letter of intent but I'm really not sure what the no WL/no rejection status means at this point in the cycle. I can help with wording a letter, just PM.

I vote that we send a nice, polite and tactful email message in which we express our gratitude to having received interviews and acceptance(s) elsewhere, but that we still hope to have good positive news from UMB, our in-state school. I too interviewed in Feb, heard nothing back, no waitlisting, no rejection letter. I would hate to put a deposit down on an apartment out of state (or worse, already moved out of state) and hear UMB calling me back. My family is here, my parents are not in great health, and I would like to be only 1 hour away from them instead of 4 or 10 or 20.

I unfortunately haven't been accepted anywhere else yet : ( I got waitlisted at NOVA and I have an interview for the waitlist at Temple this coming Friday, so I can't even make myself look appealing by saying I have other options but I want to attend Maryland. Maryland is my number one choice though, I guess I just have to figure out a way to tell them that. Thanks to everyone for your input!!

I unfortunately haven't been accepted anywhere else yet : ( I got waitlisted at NOVA and I have an interview for the waitlist at Temple this coming Friday, so I can't even make myself look appealing by saying I have other options but I want to attend Maryland. Maryland is my number one choice though, I guess I just have to figure out a way to tell them that. Thanks to everyone for your input!!
Hang in there @saprock, waitlists are known to change at the last minute. I am pulling for you!

Same boat.

Nothing about a deposit yet, but the email stated that I must respond by April 3rd. The official acceptance is coming in first class mail.. assuming with deposit info inside. Will keep you posted!

If you don't mind sharing, did you have to give a deposit, and if so, how much time did they give you?

Hey guys, had my interview in January and was wait-listed. I was sent my acceptance letter this past Tuesday (April 7) so there is hope for us wait-listers! And yes there is a deposit @zenrookie . Its a non-refundable $2000 and they gave me roughly 2 weeks to decide. Still hoping to get in off a wait-list at UNC and CU but I think I'm going to pull the trigger on Maryland if I don't hear back from them within the week.

Hey guys, had my interview in January and was wait-listed. I was sent my acceptance letter this past Tuesday (April 7) so there is hope for us wait-listers! And yes there is a deposit @zenrookie . Its a non-refundable $2000 and they gave me roughly 2 weeks to decide. Still hoping to get in off a wait-list at UNC and CU but I think I'm going to pull the trigger on Maryland if I don't hear back from them within the week.
So they sent you a letter to offer you a seat? not an email, not a phone call?

oh wow. nice. are you in state or out of state?

So it seems like Maryland sent out rejections via snail mail. I did not receive this. Yet did not have an interview. This confirms my suspicions that Maryland lost my application. Anyone else not hear anything from them? Haha.. No secondary, no rejection... What the heck.

So it seems like Maryland sent out rejections via snail mail. I did not receive this. Yet did not have an interview. This confirms my suspicions that Maryland lost my application. Anyone else not hear anything from them? Haha.. No secondary, no rejection... What the heck.
I can understand that MD sent rejections via snail mail. But according to the post above, he received an acceptance via snail mail. So should I jump up with joy or break down in depression if I see a snail mail envelope from MD in my mailbox?

accepted this morning, but will not be going..they're definitely taking people off waitlist for those waiting to hear back. I truthfully didn't even know i was placed on waitlist because I never responded to their initial waitlist email. gluck to everyone.

accepted this morning, but will not be going..they're definitely taking people off waitlist for those waiting to hear back. I truthfully didn't even know i was placed on waitlist because I never responded to their initial waitlist email. gluck to everyone.
thanks so much for the update! did you recieve an email notification?

Anyone here who was already accepted get their loan awards? I was waiting on an email but haven't heard anything, so I decided to call and they said that awards went out. The reason I didn't hear anything may have been because I didn't create a SURFS account. Upon creating an account, low and behold there were my loan awards.

Does anyone know the interest rates for the Health Professions Loan? Where do repayment plans come into play?

GUYS
I JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE EMAL TODAY.

yes im accepting, its my first acceptance!
I'm OOS
@zenrookie i sent them a letter of intent ( a second one) about two days ago and i feel like that made a difference, if you havent updated them in a while you def should!

Congrats!!!
Are you guys gonna accept?
IS or OOS?
I don't know if I am going to accept :/ I already put down the full $5,000 deposit at NYU...I am torn because I love both schools. I am originally from NY, but I live in FL now. In NY I would be living with my aunt, so living costs aren't really a big factor for me if I go to NY, but guys please help lol I would greatly appreciate your opinion :)

I don't know if I am going to accept :/ I already put down the full $5,000 deposit at NYU...I am torn because I love both schools. I am originally from NY, but I live in FL now. In NY I would be living with my aunt, so living costs aren't really a big factor for me if I go to NY, but guys please help lol I would greatly appreciate your opinion :)
@BonjourMarie, make a list of pros and cons of both schools side-by-side, add what you really feel in your heart, and voilà! Good luck and congrats!

Very interesting to read here. I also interviewed in February, and have periodically checked in through email, but have heard nothing yet.
I check the mailbox every day. It's fascinating to me, how measured this school seems to be. Big congratulations to those who made it! And much luck to those like me, still hanging on!

Very interesting to read here. I also interviewed in February, and have periodically checked in through email, but have heard nothing yet.
I check the mailbox every day. It's fascinating to me, how measured this school seems to be. Big congratulations to those who made it! And much luck to those like me, still hanging on!

I'm in the same boat... I emailed the Admission Office though but they say there is no specific date at which applicant will receive a final decision. But on ADEA website, it says "The last day to access your 2014–2015 ADEA AADSAS application will be May 1, 2015.". Does that mean we are rejected or what? Did you email or call them?

That's so nerve-wrecking!