***The Official Univ, of Maryland Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hokie92,

Since you were admitted, any advice you can offer on how to do really well on the Maryland interview? I'm just asking because this is my dream school.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'm starting in a few weeks at Maryland and would love to offer any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

kmuppall,

I thought the interview was great! I had recently interviewed at VCU and there was just this serious intense vibe all day, it had me anxious and not on my game. When I went to the Maryland interview it was like home right away, the faculty and staff and students helping were all so laid back and fun. The new facilities and cool people had me loving the school and I think it made the interview easier. The actual interview was one professor and a third year student, they asked a few of their standard questions and were really nice and easy going, very conversational interview. I found out from several other people that they had the same exact or very similar questions in theirs, which made me happy because at VCU the interviews just seemed to be whatever questions the staff felt like asking. I think consistent questioning is really important when comparing applicants who have been interviewed by different people. If you have any other questions let me know!! ;)

Thanks for this input and good luck on your start! The interview process at VCU is changing this year so I will see how it goes haha. The lack of consistent questioning can be good or bad. I've had friends who had quite relaxed interviews and others that were not so much, but I guess this uncertainty does make you work at adapting/adjusting to situations.