***The Official Univ, of Maryland Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Anybody that filled out the supp not get an interview?

*Raises hand. Not too worried yet tho, very early.

Members don't see this ad.

Received an interview invite for October 1st!
I submitted my supplemental application on August 11th.
An out-of-state applicant.

In-state, turned in supp but no interview yet. But I only turned it in a few days ago, so that's not surprising.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview invite for October 1st!
I submitted my supplemental application on August 11th.
An out-of-state applicant.
Congratz. Bad sign for me. I submitted supplemental on August 7th I think. No invite yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still waiting for the invite to write the supplemental :(

Reactions: 2 users
for maryland's supplementary, is it just the secondary fee? or is there an essay?

for maryland's supplementary, is it just the secondary fee? or is there an essay?

If I remember correctly, I sent in the fee when i submitted my AADSAS. Then they contact you to do their secondary and to upload a 2x2 pic. Secondary is mostly biographical info with a short 1000 character essay.

Concerned because I submitted my supplemental on 8/3. However, I am a CA resident-- does that matter? Mehh

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm instate. My interview is set for sept 24th.
Congrats and thanks for the reply! I am getting worried now, as I haven't heard from them. Do you remember around what time you got the email?

Congrats and thanks for the reply! I am getting worried now, as I haven't heard from them. Do you remember around what time you got the email?
Thanks....I received My supplemental July 24 and I filled it out that night. The interview invite email came yesterday afternoon around 12-ish. Did you get your supplemental yet?

No fee. You pay an additional $75 app fee when your AADSAS app is complete. The supplemental asks for a short statement as to why you want to become a dentist (1000 word or less), or you can submit a short video.

Thanks....I received My supplemental July 24 and I filled it out that night. The interview invite email came yesterday afternoon around 12-ish. Did you get your supplemental yet?
Yes, I got it in July. It was submitted already. I am just waiting for a reply now...

Don't sweat it. You will definitely get your interview date.

Reactions: 1 user
Btw UMD does their interviews on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so it has to be tough working around the third and fourth year students schedules to help with the interview process. That's probably the reason some had heard back and some haven't yet.

SOO I checked my portal and it says "invited for interview" on 8/20 but I haven't gotten an interview. Any thoughts?

In-state and still no supplemental. Sigh

SOO I checked my portal and it says "invited for interview" on 8/20 but I haven't gotten an interview. Any thoughts?
Well. You have and interview ? Lol. They will probably send you the email I the next couple days. Congratz

That's great...congrats. No email? Maybe they'll send it tomorrow. You'll receive it. Don't sweat.

In-state and still no supplemental. Sigh
That's weird. Did you check your SPAM box? Because I got an email from Howard U that was sitting in my SPAM box for a few days without me even knowing it. With your stats and in-state status, it is hard to believe that you didn't get a supplemental.

I remember being here a yr ago. Didn't get an interview until Feb and just started a week ago. It'll all work out for all of ya. Hang in there and enjoy your free time. School gets pretty crazy pretty quickly.

Reactions: 5 users
Thought I'd never get to post something like this, but.... I got an interview invite today~!!

Thought I'd never get to post something like this, but.... I got an interview invite today~!!
Awesome. Congratz. Would you please mind sharing your stats ? And IS or OOS? Thank you

Awesome. Congratz. Would you please mind sharing your stats ? And IS or OOS? Thank you

I am in-state.
oGPA: 3.77
sGPA: 3.80
Dat: AA19, TS20, PAT19 (QR16 though..)

Good luck everyone!

Congrats Mimachu. What's your interview date? Btw Good luck, and I look forward to us being classmates.

Congrats Mimachu. What's your interview date? Btw Good luck, and I look forward to us being classmates.
Thanks 1000watts! My interview date is set for 9/23. I think you said yours was on 9/24, right? Too bad we are not there at the same time, but I can let you know how it goes so that you'll know what to expect ; )

Awesome. Thanks that would be helpful. Btw...did I read that you applied to hygiene school? Are you a hygienist?

And yes mine is 9/24. I think we're part of the first wave of applicants being interviewed.

Omg. I can't wait to hear from Maryland. Already turned in my supplemental on 8/12. :).

Omg. I can't wait to hear from Maryland. Already turned in my supplemental on 8/12. :).

I have a feeling that a lot more invites will be going out this week! Yours is coming soon;)

I have a feeling that a lot more invites will be going out this week! Yours is coming soon;)
Thx for the good vibe . I feel the same way. I have been working hard for a long time to be where I am, and I know not will pay off, even with my lower GPA.

Just got the e-mail for a supplemental. I read a previous post that if you get a supplemental, you have a really high chance of getting an interview. Can anyone comment if this is true?

Invite OMG interview invite. Holy moly Holy cow. I'm so happy. October 21 st. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Getting a lil worried... Submitted my supp 7/31 and no invite yet

What did I tell ya!! Congratz!!
Thx ;). What a relief. Everyone speaks wonderfully about Maryland.y cousin goes to dental school there , so I'll save the hotel fee.

For you guys getting interviews, did you also submit a video?

For you guys getting interviews, did you also submit a video?
I didn't submit a video. I felt kind of iffy about it , so I just went for no video.