***The Official Univ, of Maryland Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I did not submit a video.
For you guys getting interviews, did you also submit a video?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my supp on July 31th and still no invite..........
I'm starting to get concerned!!! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS, received interview invite on 8/19, also didn't do the video!

I am bumming. Sent my sup in 8/3. What's going on?

Could it be that i have 2 bio LoR's?

SOO I checked my portal and it says "invited for interview" on 8/20 but I haven't gotten an interview. Any thoughts?

So I emailed them 8/25 and they said it's true but I never got an email. They sent me an official invite after that. Check out AADSAS just in case.

I also didnt do a video

Did any of you guys get a status change on the AADSAS portal after you submitted your supplemental? Mine still says "application complete"

I am bumming. Sent my sup in 8/3. What's going on?

Could it be that i have 2 bio LoR's?

I haven't heard back either but have gotten interviews from other schools.. and I have two chem rec letters. so maybe we have a problem here

I received an interview invitation for November 4th from Maryland today! I'm really excited to visit Baltimore.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As an instater with decent stats (3.66 and 22), I received the secondary right away but i haven't received an interview yet. When should I start worrying?

As an instater with decent stats (3.66 and 22), I received the secondary right away but i haven't received an interview yet. When should I start worrying?

When they fill up all of their seats! There is ALWAYS a chance until then. :) stay positive. Good luck!

Interviewing on October 1st!

Anyone else have an interview on the 23rd, Tuesday??

Who else is interviewing Oct 8th? If anyone want to split a room, I'm staying at Hampton Inn - standard room with 2 queen beds. If not, we can meet up to have dinner. I've heard that the closest the restaurant to the water, the cheapest the crab legs - seafood in general :)

Is anyone interviewing on the 1st? :)

It'll be my first interview of the cycle, im super nervous! I've been out of the country for nearly a month so I haven't done a lot of practicing...

Lol, I spent almost 2.5 months in another country....It's okay. You will be fine. You still have lots of time to practice :)

Just wondering how some are preparing for their upcoming interview?

Just wondering how some are preparing for their upcoming interview?

omg. I'm wondering the same. I mean...I've been looking at the Interview surveys on this site, but that's about it. HELP

Me too. I think it's smart to have an idea of some of the questions that'll be asked, but not have some rehearsed answer. Just answer their questions truthfully and show your passion for dentistry.

Im instate and have 3.8 ogpa, 3.8 sgpa, 21 aa. Got supplemental on 7/25 and submitted it next day. Haven't heard a peep.

What do ppl, what do?

Last edited:
Im instate and have 3.8 ogpa, 3.8 sgpa, 21 aa. Got supplemental on 7/25 and submitted it next day. Haven't heard a peep.

What do ppl, what do?
I submitted my app on 8/1 and if haven't received supplemental

Reactions: 1 user

What do ppl, what do?
I'm out of state, but in the same situation. Received supplemental 7/29, submitted it the next day, haven't heard a word.

What do ppl, what do?
Be patient, they save the best for last. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I've been reading through SDN and have found it to be extremely helpful so I wanted to put my input here as well to share.

3.7 gpa, 20s across the board on DAT; Avg 21, Avg Sci 23. Out-of-state...California.
I submitted my AADSAS app on Aug 9, but my last LOR didn't come in until Aug 19 where I paid my supplemental fee as well upon an email request.
Aug 21, supplemental app request.
Sept 4, confirmation of my supplemental app received.
Sept 10, interview invite for October 29 (confirmed by Sept 15)
Anyone else with an Oct 29 interview?

Anyone interviewing on Oct 21?
I will be interviewing on October 21 too ;) see you there. Ill prolly be the only Colombian guy, so I am sure we will run into each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got an invite to Maryland today!!
Application complete: 8/22/14
Supplemental sent to me: 9/12/14
Supplemental submitted: 9/18/14
Interview invite: 9/22/14

Those of you who already interviewed or are from the area, generally how safe/dangerous is it? I know there are good and bad parts to every city but I'm wondering if I should be cautious walking around these areas, or if I should call a cab to get around? What about getting from the school to the inner harbor (seems like a nice touristy place to spend some down time after) ?

Last edited:
so if it says "received/under review"
does that necessarily mean it's complete or they are reviewing to find missing things?
Do all schools notify you of missing things or do you have to call in to find out?

it's driving me nuts..

any feedback from anyone who interviewed today?

I haven't even received the supplemental.
Is UMD more selective than say, VCU, NOVA ?
I hear it is OOS friendly school, but also hear that it is a pretty picky school as well.

They only interview on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

I haven't even received the supplemental.
Is UMD more selective than say, VCU, NOVA ?
I hear it is OOS friendly school, but also hear that it is a pretty picky school as well.
same. i've kind of given up getting one pre-dec considering I submitted in July but who knows what will happen.

I really want to call but they specifically said not to :(

Has anyone else received a supplement but not an invite? I submitted it at the end of July and still no word. I'm kind of bummed, I really wanted to interview here.

Has anyone else received a supplement but not an invite? I submitted it at the end of July and still no word. I'm kind of bummed, I really wanted to interview here.
Yeah I also received the supplement but have not received an invite from the school. I don't know what is going on...

Yeah I also received the supplement but have not received an invite from the school. I don't know what is going on...

Supplement doesn't guarantee and interview, still time though.

Supplement doesn't guarantee and interview, still time though.
What if I haven't received the supplemental yet and my mail out date was 8/1? Should I give up hope on UMD?