***The Official Univ, of Maryland Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just got in!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I got the email too. Did your status on the portal change? Mine didn't. Wonder if they sent me the email by mistake(@_x)....

Just got the email!!! I'm in!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email too. Did your status on the portal change? Mine didn't. Wonder if they sent me the email by mistake(@_x)....
I don't think they update the portal immediately so I think you are fine!

I got a December 1 acceptance and my portal didn't change still. Got the email and acceptance packet in the mail. Shows you that you shouldn't rely on the portal all that much...

For those of you who were accepted yesterday, when did you interview?? Still anxiously waiting to hear some good news...

Those who were accepted yesterday, are you guys IS or OOS?

Another question... everyone who interviewed at UMD said that the vast majority of those interviewed are OOS. When I interviewed in early Novembrr, there were only 3 IS (myself included.) For those who interviewed post December 1, were there still a bunch of OOS interiewees when you were there?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed post 12/1 and everyone was IS.

Another question... everyone who interviewed at UMD said that the vast majority of those interviewed are OOS. When I interviewed in early Novembrr, there were only 3 IS (myself included.) For those who interviewed post December 1, were there still a bunch of OOS interiewees when you were there?

I interviewed post 12/1 and everyone was IS.

I also received an invite a couple of weeks ago, IS.

I saw the fb group, but all of the students who joined the group have "UMD dental student 2014-2018" in their education section of their pages.

Did you join the group? I did.

Reactions: 1 user
Are they still interviewing? I got an email about 2 weeks ago saying my application was under review. IDK if I should even worry about it

Are they still interviewing? I got an email about 2 weeks ago saying my application was under review. IDK if I should even worry about it
Yes, they are. Don't worry too much! I would try contacting them by email/phone to make sure you're under review. Good luck!

Yes, they are. Don't worry too much! I would try contacting them by email/phone to make sure you're under review. Good luck!
I would contact them, but on the email it pretty specifically said not to! Hopefully I can get some feedback soon, otherwise I will definitely send them an email

I would contact them, but on the email it pretty specifically said not to! Hopefully I can get some feedback soon, otherwise I will definitely send them an email

My friend and I have been emailing them, they didn't seem to be mad at us!

still waiting for anything from them. Is that a good sign that they ask me for second supplement like submitting photograph sth? It has been a while after I submit those supplement

still waiting for anything from them. Is that a good sign that they ask me for second supplement like submitting photograph sth? It has been a while after I submit those supplement
I haven't even gotten a supplement, just an email around December 5th saying I was "under review". I hope I can land an interview there

I haven't even gotten a supplement, just an email around December 5th saying I was "under review". I hope I can land an interview there
Cross finger!! Let's pray together!! Hopefully, we all get the interview spots there. lol~

Does anyone know where online we can pay our deposit? I'm afraid of mailing that amount of money so I would rather do it online.

It's on the financial website for UMaryland. The url and login information should be on your acceptance form. Make sure to print a receipt and include it with the acceptance form.

It's on the financial website for UMaryland. The url and login information should be on your acceptance form. Make sure to print a receipt and include it with the acceptance form.

Found it. Thanks

Hello. Does anyone please have the cost of attendance for Maryland? What they show in their website is rather low , compared to what other people have posted on SDN,

I would really appreciate if someone has the cost of attendance for this school for the next four years, W/o the living expenses. Just tuition and fees and books and instruments blah blah blah. I know that some people receive this after sending the deposit.

Thank you very much

Hello. Does anyone please have the cost of attendance for Maryland? What they show in their website is rather low , compared to what other people have posted on SDN,

I would really appreciate if someone has the cost of attendance for this school for the next four years, W/o the living expenses. Just tuition and fees and books and instruments blah blah blah. I know that some people receive this after sending the deposit.

Thank you very much

The COA on their website is correct but it shows the cost per 'semester' not year.

Thank you very much
Are you having second thoughts about Minnesota now :)?

Are you having second thoughts about Minnesota now :)?
Well. I have been reading Dental Town like crazy , and I'm also reading The White Coat Investor. And having extra 100K in loans is something big to consider. :s. I wanna crunch numbers and calculate repayment amounts and time. Minnesota gave me a very nice sheet with cost of attendance for the next 4 years , with the 3% increase. I hate the fact that MN doesn't give in state tuition after the first year. Ughh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well. I have been reading Dental Town like crazy , and I'm also reading The White Coat Investor. And having extra 100K in loans is something big to consider. :s. I wanna crunch numbers and calculate repayment amounts and time. Minnesota gave me a very nice sheet with cost of attendance for the next 4 years , with the 3% increase. I hate the fact that MN doesn't give in state tuition after the first year. Ughh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My friend called financial aid services and talked to one of the employees there. She mentioned that the total oos cost for the year should come out to about 85k~ instead of the approximation of 104k on ADEA. You might have to sell your car and do a few other things to keep the cost down for the next four years. On ADEA they overestimate your cost by quite a bit.

I saw the fb group, but all of the students who joined the group have "UMD dental student 2014-2018" in their education section of their pages.

Im a member of the class of 2018, and we join the group to answer any questions you may have since we are still going through our first yr.

And congrats to all those accepted. its a GREAT school. and for those who haven't heard anything yet, i personally know three people who interviewed post january and got in! "Keep the hope alive" :)

Has anybody heard anything? I havent heard anything at all. no reject, no waitlist, no acceptance.

Anyone else have January / February interviews?

mailed in my application on 8/29, still haven't gotten a supplemental app from them, is that bad?

Nothing over here either...
Did you submit a supplemental?
Yea I did, I even had my interview in November.
I emailed them last week. They told my file is still under consideration with the Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions. They said there is no specific date in which a decision will be made.

Yea I did, I even had my interview in November.
I emailed them last week. They told my file is still under consideration with the Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions. They said there is no specific date in which a decision will be made.
Keep your hopes up! There is still a chance! I know I'm trying my best to stay positive... :)

That's so great! Congrats! Could you share your stats? Submission date, DAT scores, GPA... etc. thanks!
Sure thing.
GPA: 3.645, Science: 3.63, DAT: 23AA, 24TS, 22 PAT
App submitted on 22nd of August, recommendations uploaded on 16th of September
good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Sure thing.
GPA: 3.645, Science: 3.63, DAT: 23AA, 24TS, 22 PAT
App submitted on 22nd of August, recommendations uploaded on 16th of September
good luck!
I got interview invite today as well. do we need to call back to confirm??