The Official Univ. of New England Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread

cubaton

Endo19
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary app received. 9 days to finish it. I'm excited about this school. OOS here.

Members don't see this ad.

My ADEA app has been E-submitted but my DAT score still hasn't been uploaded. Do you think I will receive a secondary app for New England once it is uploaded ?

Secondary app received. 9 days to finish it. I'm excited about this school. OOS here.
So it took you 9 days to finish it? Or do you have 9 days to finish (like a deadline)?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received the secondary yet, did you get it through email? I'm wondering why mine hasn't shown up yet

So it took you 9 days to finish it? Or do you have 9 days to finish (like a deadline)?
It's a deadline. I finished it in like 2 hours. They ask the why us question and don't remember if there was another one.

I haven't received the secondary yet, did you get it through email? I'm wondering why mine hasn't shown up yet
Yes, I got it through email. It was a link. After you submit they give you a number to call the next day to pay the $55 fee. You have to give them your card info by phone. As for now, my application is under review :nod:

It's a deadline. I finished it in like 2 hours. They ask the why us question and don't remember if there was another one.

Yes, I got it through email. It was a link. After you submit they give you a number to call the next day to pay the $55 fee. You have to give them your card info by phone. As for now, my application is under review :nod:

They sent me an e-mail just now saying my application was under review but I didn't do the secondary yet. I'm going to guess either tomorrow or Thursday they will contact me?

They sent me an e-mail just now saying my application was under review but I didn't do the secondary yet. I'm going to guess either tomorrow or Thursday they will contact me?
That's weird. Are u sure it says that is under review? This was the first email I got from them: Your AADSAS application for Fall 2015 has been sent to us. The Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions has done a preliminary review of your application. The following link will provide you access to UNE's supplemental application for the Dental Medicine program..... (after that info regarding the secondary) I hope this helps

That's weird. Are u sure it says that is under review? This was the first email I got from them: Your AADSAS application for Fall 2015 has been sent to us. The Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions has done a preliminary review of your application. The following link will provide you access to UNE's supplemental application for the Dental Medicine program..... (after that info regarding the secondary) I hope this helps

I e-mailed Issac and he responded right away. (Already like that they are on the ball.) He said they are waiting for my app to be mailed out before sending the secondary. (I only e-submitted.) So that makes more sense :)

I e-mailed Issac and he responded right away. (Already like that they are on the ball.) He said they are waiting for my app to be mailed out before sending the secondary. (I only e-submitted.) So that makes more sense :)
Oh I see. As soon as they get it they will send u the secondary :)

Oh I see. As soon as they get it they will send u the secondary :)

Hey guys,

So on June 17th I received an email saying "Thank you for your interest in the University of New England. We have received your AADSAS application to the DMD Program for the fall of 2015. Please look to hear from us soon regarding your application status." But I still haven't received a secondary?! Anyone know what is up with that? Should I just be patient or think I should email Issac?

I don't know what to tell you. I personally don't like to call the schools, but that's just me.

Reactions: 1 user
I received my "Supplemental application received.....and now under review by admissions committee" email on July 9th. I wonder when they'll start giving out invitations.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application says 'complete' on ADEA but I never received the secondary. Is this normal? I thought 'complete' only showed up after the secondary is processed. Anyone know about this?

My application says 'complete' on ADEA but I never received the secondary. Is this normal? I thought 'complete' only showed up after the secondary is processed. Anyone know about this?
I am in the same boat!

My AADSAS changed to "complete" the day I received an email from UNE saying that they received my supplemental and fee, which was about 5 days after I actually submitted those items. Not sure if that helps.
Wondering when they will start sending out invites, anyone hear anything yet? I looked at the class of 2018 and it seems like they send out invites in August...so ill be obsessively checking my email every 5 minutes! Good luck everyone!

got my interview invitation today! was supposed to be on the 15th of september but I needed to reschedule to their next available date on the 29th

got my interview invitation today! was supposed to be on the 15th of september but I needed to reschedule to their next available date on the 29th
Congratulations! How were you informed? Email?

When did you have your application complete?

Just got the email! Invite for September 15th wooh!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! You guys who are getting invites, when was your application complete? Mine wasn't complete until 7/17 so I'm hoping people who are getting invites now had they're apps in before me!!! Waiting is killing me.

Okay so I won't start worrying just yet! Haha congrats on the interview!

I just received the same email for an interview on Sept. 15th! I submitted my AADSAS app in early June but it wasn't considered complete (because of LORs) until early July. I'm in-state.

Mine was sent out 2nd batch and I had the supp and everything else received by them on June 30th. I'm excited to go to Maine for the first time!

Mine was sent out 2nd batch and I had the supp and everything else received by them on June 30th. I'm excited to go to Maine for the first time!
Maine is awesome, central and northern Maine are better then Portland but it's still Maine!

I completed my AADSAS on 7/25 and submitted their secondary on 7/28. Interview on Sep 15

well there goes my theory about early apps getting invites first :(
Anyone know if UNE prefers in-state applicants?

Wohooo interview invite for sept 29!!!

well there goes my theory about early apps getting invites first :(
Anyone know if UNE prefers in-state applicants?
they don't have any preference for instate I've asked :/ they are private and it doesn't make a difference if you are from Maine, somewhere else in New England, or California, everyone has the same chance

they don't have any preference for instate I've asked :/ they are private and it doesn't make a difference if you are from Maine, somewhere else in New England, or California, everyone has the same chance
Actually, according to the Official Guidebook for d-schools, they have a slight preference for students from Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. The school was built because these northern states didn't have a d-school and they want more dentists to stay in the area after graduating. But you're right about them being private so they won't distinguish any other OOS students.

Congratulations on the interviews!!! Is anyone else still waiting for supp emails? I submitted my apps late June.

Congratulations on the interviews!!! Is anyone else still waiting for supp emails? I submitted my apps late June.

Hmm you might want to call the school and ask about that, I received my supp. Email pretty quickly after my app was sent in. Within a week I believe.

Hmm you might want to call the school and ask about that, I received my supp. Email pretty quickly after my app was sent in. Within a week I believe.

Same here. I'd call the school.

Same here. I'd call the school.
Oh really? okay I will be sure to get in touch then. I thought maybe only some people got supplemental emails. I did get an email just after the app received email but it was 2 pages of code that couldn't be translated and I figured this was a glitch.

Oh really? okay I will be sure to get in touch then. I thought maybe only some people got supplemental emails. I did get an email just after the app received email but it was 2 pages of code that couldn't be translated and I figured this was a glitch.

I received a ton of code too but when I scrolled and scrolled and scrolled all the way down (I use gmail) there was a link to "view entire message". Once clicked I was able to view the intended email.

I received a ton of code too but when I scrolled and scrolled and scrolled all the way down (I use gmail) there was a link to "view entire message". Once clicked I was able to view the intended email.
I just dove in to the page of code and scrolled thinking the link to the supplemental would be there at the end, but after clicking view entire email, it was the email that said thank you for the interest in the school, please look forward to hearing from us. Thank you though. I appreciate the detailed response. :thumbup:

Anytime :) Hopefully we both get interviews.

Actually, according to the Official Guidebook for d-schools, they have a slight preference for students from Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. The school was built because these northern states didn't have a d-school and they want more dentists to stay in the area after graduating. But you're right about them being private so they won't distinguish any other OOS students.
No I called and asked about preference and they said definite no. The guidebook is misleading because the majority of people who apply there or choose to go there are from the northeast so it curves the stats

Hoping to hear from UNE soon...was complete the end of July with a 3.6 and 24 AA...but nothing so far :bang:

I applied here in June and got the email saying they received my application and to look forward to hearing from us soon, but never got a secondary application? Do they have a secondary application?

Are there any guys who have an interview the 29th and would be interested in sharing the cost of a hotel room with me Sunday the 28th? FYI I don't snore