***The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental class 2017***

MikeQ

Dental
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to list whatever you desire. These desires may include but not limited too, stats, batch number, and invitation. Best of fate ! :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone receive any emails or aadsas updates from them? :) I was in the first batch and didn't receive anything from them yet.

havent received anything from them either besides a letter from them saying app is received from AADSAS

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! :) Was that letter through mail or through email? I never received anything saying they received my AADSAS.

I sent in my supplementary fee on Thursday Sept. 6. Has anyone else received or sent anything?

My status on AADSAS is "invited to interview", but I haven't heard anything directly from the school yet. I'm not sure if I actually received an interview invitation

My status on AADSAS is "invited to interview", but I haven't heard anything directly from the school yet. I'm not sure if I actually received an interview invitation
did you have a detroit mercy aadsas status?
I was 1st batch and sent supplemental fee.. but have never had a aadsas update :(

I was 1st batch and sent supplemental fee.. but have never had a aadsas update :(

Same here, I hope there isn't a glitch with the first batch applicants...

my whole application and supplemental needs were in mid-July and I still do not have an addsas update from UDM either...

2nd batch and today status was posted on aadsas "invited for interview"

Members don't see this ad :)
2nd batch and today status was posted on aadsas "invited for interview"

Hey guys. I was invited to interview but I didn't get an email from them. Is there a number that I have to call to schedule my interview or do I just call the school of dentistry? Thanks

^^ i just recently received an interview invitation email from UDM, they will give you a number on whom to contact.. If you're AADSAS status says "invited for interview" they should send an email shortly, if not I would call the dental school and speak with someone from admissions office.
My interview is Thursday, nervous!!:xf:

^^ i just recently received an interview invitation email from UDM, they will give you a number on whom to contact.. If you're AADSAS status says "invited for interview" they should send an email shortly, if not I would call the dental school and speak with someone from admissions office.
My interview is Thursday, nervous!!:xf:

How many days did it take you to receive the email after the AADSAS update?
GL with your interview!:D

My aadsas page said invited for interview on Monday but I never received an email from them. I called the admissions office and they were super friendly and scheduled the interview for me despite not receiving the email.

Does everyone have an AADSAS status for this school? I don't have one.....and I'm concerned. The school doesn't show up under the "School Decisions" page. Thanks!

it does not show up on my aadsas account either

I just checked my portal. Invited for interview... I didn't have a status for them prior to this.

My aadsas page said invited for interview on Monday but I never received an email from them. I called the admissions office and they were super friendly and scheduled the interview for me despite not receiving the email.

Do they assign you a date or you have to choose one? If the latter, which interview date did you choose?

are you guys waiting to be contacted first before you call in to schedule an interview?

Invited for interview. You just call up the admission's office even if you did not receive an email to book you interview!:)

Invited for interview. You just call up the admission's office even if you did not receive an email to book you interview!:)
Thanks. Do they give you the interview dates or can you choose? Do you know which dates are still available? I can't call them until Monday.

Thanks. Do they give you the interview dates or can you choose? Do you know which dates are still available? I can't call them until Monday.

They offered me sept.29 and nov.3rd. I had choose nov.3rd for a personal reason.

I can't seem to get in touch with the admissions office. Do they usually just pick up the phone? Or should I leave a message

September 29 and November 3 are Saturdays. Do they interview on the weekends?

Hey guys! So happy to join this thread! :D:D:D

My AADSAS status was changed to invited for interview on 9/13. I tried to contact them many many times but the call kept going into voice mail. Finally, I someone picked up this morning and I was able to schedule an interview on 11/3 :D

During the call, she told me that they're not sending out any emails/snail mails for interview invitation. You just have to call them. But they will send you confirmation in snail mail once you shceulde an interview. So if you haven't called yet, it's time to pick up that phone! :)

I am so excited b/c this is my first interview. Anyone else joining me on 11/3? Btw, if anyone wants to share hotel room or taxi ride, definitely let me know. :p

Hey guys!

UDM is my number 1 choice! I applied on August 28th, and I was wondering if I were going to recieve an interview, would it be before December? Do I have a shot at an interview before the first batch of acceptance?

hi,
i got an interview invite for 9/29/12. Its a Saturday. Does anyone know what the ratio of interview invites to real acceptances is at UDM?

hi,
i got an interview invite for 9/29/12. Its a Saturday. Does anyone know what the ratio of interview invites to real acceptances is at UDM?

Does UDM only interview on Saturdays? I was able to schedule an interview on October 23, which is a Tuesday.

I was wondering too... cause they offered me several dates, like Oct 16th, Nov 1, 2, 3, and so on...
instead of just two dates mentioned by other people in this thread

They do offer interviews on Saturday ( I think there's only two days available though). I had originally booked my interview on a Tuesday and the admissions office called me the next day to let me know about the Saturday dates. It was actually very thoughtful of them :thumbup:

I was able to reschedule to Oct 18th.. do you think that my chances are a lot lower because of rescheduling?

They do offer interviews on Saturday ( I think there's only two days available though). I had originally booked my interview on a Tuesday and the admissions office called me the next day to let me know about the Saturday dates. It was actually very thoughtful of them :thumbup:

Good to know they offer interviews on both weekdays and weekends. What time are your interviews? Mine is at 2 pm. Dont interviews usually take place in the morning?

Good to know they offer interviews on both weekdays and weekends. What time are your interviews? Mine is at 2 pm. Dont interviews usually take place in the morning?
Mines from 10 to 2.

I also have an interview on September 29th. Kind of wish it was later but I was under the impression that they were GIVING me a set date and that I was not allowed to change it.

Does anyone know where I could find more information about UDM's interview process? I feel like there is a thread for that sort of information for ALL dental schools somewhere on SDN. My interview is in 9 days so I really need to prepare now!

Have any Michigan residents been invited for interview? I ask because I know people out of state getting interviews but I have yet to be notified on anything. I called yesterday and Betsy told me that they've completed my file but haven't made a decision yet.

I have an undergrad gpa of 3.0 from Oakland University (lots of factors for the low gpa explained in my personal statement), 4.0 from a masters in biomedical sciences, and a 23 aa, 25 ts, 26 pat DAT. I am not sure if I should take the news as good or bad, and what my chances are because unless they read my personal statement my file can easily be passed on.

Have any Michigan residents been invited for interview? I ask because I know people out of state getting interviews but I have yet to be notified on anything. I called yesterday and Betsy told me that they've completed my file but haven't made a decision yet.

I have an undergrad gpa of 3.0 from Oakland University (lots of factors for the low gpa explained in my personal statement), 4.0 from a masters in biomedical sciences, and a 23 aa, 25 ts, 26 pat DAT. I am not sure if I should take the news as good or bad, and what my chances are because unless they read my personal statement my file can easily be passed on.

I am a Michigan resident. I am in the same boat as you, however I have a classmate that has already interviewed, so at least in that one instance they interviewed a Michigan resident.

I also have an interview on September 29th. Kind of wish it was later but I was under the impression that they were GIVING me a set date and that I was not allowed to change it.

Does anyone know where I could find more information about UDM's interview process? I feel like there is a thread for that sort of information for ALL dental schools somewhere on SDN. My interview is in 9 days so I really need to prepare now!

Good luck on your interview! It is VERY low-key. Honestly, my interviewer was so kind and we talked for an hour about anything as if it was a conversation between friends. I wouldn't be worried about it at all.

Hey, Sulcus, just thought I'd chime in here. I'm a MI resident and I was invited for an interview on August 27 with the actual interview on Sept. 10. I hope you hear back soon! Good luck with everything

Jimmy, thanks for the info. Hopefully we both get invites, but for now I guess it's a waiting game.

Dentstudent, thank you! I need all the luck I can get. I hope the interview went well for you and good luck with everything.

I just noticed that my AADSAS status updated and freaked. I called, and scheduled my interview for Sat Nov 3rd. I'm pumped about it being a Saturday.

12th batch ... invited today for an interview on sept 29th... PM for stats

Invited today for interview. First school that I've heard back from.

DAT:
TS: 21; AA 21; PAT: 24
GPA: don't remember

i dont have UDM on my AADSAS portal, is this bad???

I don't either. Did everyone have UDM on their portal before they were offered an interview or did it pop up when invited?

for me, it only popped up after I was invited for interview. Hope this helps :)

To anyone who already interviewed at UDM this cycle or in the past,

I have my interview coming up in a few days. I know it's suppose to be laid back and relaxed, but I cannot help but be super nervous. My heartbeat is actually racing right now just thinking about the whole process. I was wondering if anyone had ANY helpful tips for this important day? Maybe anything they wish they had brought or said for/at the interview? Maybe something the interviewer said that caught you off gaurd? Did they talk about your application a lot? What kind of specific questions did they ask?

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.