***The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental class 2017***

Hi, I'm an incoming female student at UDM, and I'm looking for a female roommate! Please message me if you're interested, thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I'm a Canadian student and I was just accepted to Dalhousie's Dental School in Canada. I'll be giving up my spot at UDM sometime next week once the paperwork at Dal is sorted out. Just thought I'd let the waitlisters know that a spot will be opening up, good luck everyone! :)

Thanks for sharing! Do you have an idea of how much more movement is expected at Canadian schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for sharing! Do you have an idea of how much more movement is expected at Canadian schools?

I'm sorry, I'm not too sure. I just got off of the waitlist. I think it would be similar to Detroit; slow movement up until the first day of classes.

Got a call today from Dr. Jeffers, have Tuesday and Wednesday to make up my mind since deposit due on thursday

Idk, I will think about pros and cons and decide from there

I just decline the offer. Although I love UDM, I really hate losing my deposit now since I have lost several $Ks already. Good luck everyone!

I just decline the offer. Although I love UDM, I really hate losing my deposit now since I have lost several $Ks already. Good luck everyone!

Congrats on your acceptances and thanks for sharing!

Like others on the alternate list, I am really hoping for as much movement at UDM as possible. It would be so nice if we could see the number of open seats at any given time via an online portal (or if the wait list was at least ranked)

Congrats on your acceptances and thanks for sharing!

Like others on the alternate list, I am really hoping for as much movement at UDM as possible. It would be so nice if we could see the number of open seats at any given time via an online portal (or if the wait list was at least ranked)

I agree ... Waiting around with no actual solid estimate of our chances is really annoying... I don't kno why they don't just rank the wait list because the take the "best" candidate anyways

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call from Dr. Jeffers this morning while opening my dental kit in sim lab at LECOM. So obviously turned down the offer which is good for those still waiting. Good luck!!

fingers crossed

I'm really curious how many people are on this wait list....In January/February, I was told by someone in admissions that they had about 40-50 people on the wait list and that they were done with interviews. I'm really wondering how accurate that information was since it seems like there has been a lot of movement but there still appears to be a significant number of people on the wait list.

I'm really curious how many people are on this wait list....In January/February, I was told by someone in admissions that they had about 40-50 people on the wait list and that they were done with interviews. I'm really wondering how accurate that information was since it seems like there has been a lot of movement but there still appears to be a significant number of people on the wait list.

I feel like it was way more than that... Practically everyone they interviewed that didn't get accepted was placed on the wait list it seems

I agree that it seems like a lot more, but keep in mind many people maybe didn't accept a spot on the wait list because they got into their top picks.

I guess all we can do is wait and hope for the best. It would just be nice if they kept us up to date. I'm sure they know who they plan on taking and who (essentially) has no chance.

Last edited:
I agree that it seems like a lot more, but keep in mind many people maybe didn't accept a spot on the wait list because they got into their top picks.

I guess all we can do is wait and hope for the best. It would just be nice if they kept us up to date. I'm sure they know who they plan on taking and who (essentially) has no chance.

Exact sane thing I was thinking... Oh well best of luck

Just got the call from dr. Jeffers 10minutes ago. He said the classes start on 8.12 and I would have to do my paperworks immediately!
Best of luck for those of you who are still waiting. Don't lose hope!

I got the call yesterday and accepted the offer. Good luck to those still waiting!

Feel free to PM me w/ whatever questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks. It is such a relief but I also feel like the wait taught me a lot.

Would those of you that have just been accepted mind sharing your stats, please?

Thanks for the kind words!

Also, if someone has housing advice/suggestions please let me know!

Would those of you that have just been accepted mind sharing your stats, please?

If you look through my post history you can get info about my stats. You can PM me if you have more specific questions.

Last edited:
Got a call from Dr. Jeffers, but I declined the offer. I thought I had removed myself from the waitlist, but I guess not. I would have loved to have accepted the offer if it had come a few months ago, but anyways good luck to those still waiting to hear something!

Hi, I am a female and I am looking for a roommate too. please reply if you still looking for one.

Hi, I'm an incoming female student at UDM, and I'm looking for a female roommate! Please message me if you're interested, thanks! :)
Hi, I am a female and I am looking for a roommate too. please reply if you are still looking for one.

I just got a call from Dr. Jeffers this morning, and was accepted to UDM! Deposit is due on Thursday, and orientation is in 5 days. So I am desperately getting things sorted out. I would love to know if there is anyone still looking for a female roommate? Especially if it's for Riverfront Towers Apartments. Please let me know ASAP! Thanks in advance!

For everyone that has recently gotten accepted, do you mind sharing your stats?

Hello,

I'm a Canadian student and I was just accepted to Dalhousie's Dental School in Canada. I'll be giving up my spot at UDM sometime next week once the paperwork at Dal is sorted out. Just thought I'd let the waitlisters know that a spot will be opening up, good luck everyone! :)
Hey may I ask what your stats were? Were you from the Atlantic provinces?