***The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental class 2017***

Midwest here, nothing... I was extremely worry and decided to read my bible, and feel better now

Members don't see this ad.

seriously tempted to just call the school...

Members don't see this ad :)
We are not allowed to call? I really want to call now and find out my status!!

I dont know haha :scared:
I say one of us should just call to find out if we should even expect to hear anything today, or if some calls are going to be made tomorrow, if AADSAS is going to updated, emails... etc.

I think Dr.jeffers will be making calls today and tomorrow. I think he is out of state today doing an accreditation thing for another school. He said he would be in his hotel calling people until he had to go do the accreditation/or what ever it was and he would continue calling people after it.

^^^this is what he said when he visited our school and gave a presentation a few weeks back

I beleive Dr.Jeffers does all of the acceptance calls

Good luck everyone

Ahhhhh the anticipation is eating me alive loll. Why are they being super shady this year?

Thank God!!!!!!! I got the call!!!!!!!!! Good luck everybody!!!!!!!!!

Thank God!!!!!!! I got the call!!!!!!!!! Good luck everybody!!!!!!!!!
Hey do you mind sharing when you interviewed and the first letter of your last name?

Thank you so much!!!! I interviewed on 10/17, last name starts C

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!
I really think its by alphabetical order guys! Hang in there!

ds2012tg if you dont mind, please share the first letter of your last name!

how horrible do you guys think it is to call? last name starts with a Y and I don't think I can make it till potentially tomorrow without any answers haha

Mine's T, and I'm thinking about pretty much the same thing XDD

yeah I called and the lady said that we would be notified anytime today or tomorrow, and that she didn't think AADSAS would be updated until after we were called. lol looks like we're in it for the long haul!

yeah I called and the lady said that we would be notified anytime today or tomorrow, and that she didn't think AADSAS would be updated until after we were called. lol looks like we're in it for the long haul!

did you by any chance ask if it was alphabetical?

no sorry, the lady was super nice I was just afraid to get too pushy for info

The lady was not able to check your status? only director can announce the acceptances?

The lady was not able to check your status? only director can announce the acceptances?

I didn't ask haha :confused:. I feel like if she was able to she would have said something though

Haha, wow, well thanks for stepping up and calling

Just got a call from Dr. Jeffers, and my last name starts with H. Good luck everybody!:xf:

Just got a call from Dr. Jeffers, and my last name starts with H. Good luck everybody!:xf:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but............my last name starts with H too...........so.........no hope then???

It looks like the calls are in alphabetical order. (unless proven otherwise)

I guess i'm rejected..if the calls are in alphabetical order

I'm in the same boat, so I doubt we actually are rejected

dont give up...it might be not in alphabetical order. This is just an assumption. We need more data to be sure.

do all accepted students receive a call today?? UDM is my top choice, and i have not received any calls and nothing has been updated on AADSAS website. This is really depressing...

as far as we know either today or tomorrow

Okay so I just called..

she said 1) they're not calling applicants alphabetically 2) they're not gonna get to everyone today 3) they're calling less than 200 people (today and tomorrow) - around 144 + some extras, which is weird because I thought they're accepting 200 people 4) they're updating some statuses on aadsas.

ugh, wish I didn't call. she asked for my name, but wouldn't tell me if I was accepted, and she said "yeah don't necessarily expect a call today, he's only calling people who are accepted" kinda hinting that I'm not? ugh lol

wait so only ppl who are accepted get a call today. and tomorrow ppl who are waitlisted receive a call?

Okay so I just called..

she said 1) they're not calling applicants alphabetically 2) they're not gonna get to everyone today 3) they're calling less than 200 people (today and tomorrow) - around 144 + some extras, which is weird because I thought they're accepting 200 people 4) they're updating some statuses on aadsas.

ugh, wish I didn't call. she asked for my name, but wouldn't tell me if I was accepted, and she said "yeah don't necessarily expect a call today, he's only calling people who are accepted" kinda hinting that I'm not? ugh lol

Thank you for the info rkhalil6!!!!

they are not sending out 200 acceptances? really?then 200 might be for the entire cycle then?out of around 300 people?

I though we are almost in if we have pre-dec interviews..

wait so only ppl who are accepted get a call today. and tomorrow ppl who are waitlisted receive a call?

Her answers were really confusing and not to the point but no, she said that acceptances will be given today and tomorrow... but also hinted that you will hear in a day or two if you weren't accepted, which is news to me..