***The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental class 2018***

Dent35

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my top choice! I realllllyyy hope I get accepted, I already go to their undergraduate campus and let me tell you, when I went to shadow at their dental school, and it is such an amazing program!!! Everyone I know that is already a dental student has nothing but nice things to say about the program.

Anyways, who else is applying?
Post your interview/acceptance date!
Good luck everyone! :thumbup:

oh and please post your stats as well :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if UDM accepts personal checks to pay the app fee or just money orders?

lamborghini Mercy

Does anyone know if UDM accepts personal checks to pay the app fee or just money orders?

The only school that I heard of that takes money orders and not checks is Howard.

Welcome aboard class 2018....

please feel free to ask (or PM) me if you have questions about anything.

all the best

have all of you already received a confirmation email from UDM? My app was mailed on 7/5, and check mailed on 7/4.

have all of you already received a confirmation email from UDM? My app was mailed on 7/5, and check mailed on 7/4.

I heard that UDM responds quite late in the cycle compared to other schools..:(

I'm anxiously waiting for this one too

I heard that UDM responds quite late in the cycle compared to other schools..:(

I'm anxiously waiting for this one too

actually... they've changed things around in the past couple years.

They have already received a good numbers of applications (so far) and yes, they are starting to review them (from a few weeks ago).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I was wondering how many instate students got accepted last year? I am from Michigan and hoping to go their.

So other than seeing that UDM has cashed your check, has anyone received any kind of confirmation email from them?

Anything heard from the school? My app was mailed out on 7/5 and they cashed out my check, however nothing heard from the school :(

application acknowledgement email this morning.

I called last month and the admission lady said that checks were ok. My check was even cashed with no problem. However, the update email this morning specifically said that UDM is only accepting money orders? ahh conflicting information.

Hmm. I sent my check on 7/4. They haven't cashed it. Hopefully soon...

High school transcript...............sigh

I called last month and the admission lady said that checks were ok. My check was even cashed with no problem. However, the update email this morning specifically said that UDM is only accepting money orders? ahh conflicting information.

Yeah, that money order only email caught me off guard. Especially with all that emphasis on the word only. I know last cycle that seemed to be more for Canadian applicants so they do not send the fee in Canadian dollars.

But they do not mention the money order requirement here: http://dental.udmercy.edu/admission/procedure/index.htm

High school transcript...............sigh

What? We have to send a high school transcript too?

And I called the office and they do want money orders, but they know that some students will be sending checks instead and that is ok as long as the check doesn't bounce.

What? We have to send a high school transcript too?

And I called the office and they do want money orders, but they know that some students will be sending checks instead and that is ok as long as the check doesn't bounce.

Where did you hear that?!

Where did you hear that?!

Hear what? I just realized the high school transcripts is just for canadian applicants. I called the admissions office and they said they want money orders. but they know some students didn't read those instructions correctly and will take checks too. But if the check bounces, they charge you double.

DentalWorks or any other student:

Now that detroit has declared bankruptcy, how do you think the School will be affected?

Do, you guys think patient flow will decrease?

DentalWorks or any other student:

Now that detroit has declared bankruptcy, how do you think the School will be affected?

Do, you guys think patient flow will decrease?

I doubt the flow of patients will decrease. People need dental care same as they did before, regardless of whether the city is broke or not.

If I do end up getting into UDM, I will be living across the border in Windsor and commuting.

On aadsas supplemental info it says checks or money order, it only specified that they only want money orders on the email...

On aadsas supplemental info it says checks or money order, it only specified that they only want money orders on the email...

In the email I got they said money order or personal check :confused:

oh well I'm sure they'll take both lol

Any updates from anyone? I havnt seen/heard anything.

Any updates from anyone? I havnt seen/heard anything.

Nothing here. Lot of schools seem to be preparing for their new incoming class. Seems like we wont be hearing anything til mid september early october. Hope I'm wrong though!

They just cashed my check. I still haven't heard anything b From then though.

Does anyone knows if we are suppose to get an email updating us about "application complete and ready for review"? Or they make decision right away? Just panicking right now lol All I got was confirmation of received app and asking for supplemental...

Does anyone knows if we are suppose to get an email updating us about "application complete and ready for review"? Or they make decision right away? Just panicking right now lol All I got was confirmation of received app and asking for supplemental...

same here. just got off the phone and they are busy with the incoming class. will start review in september

any ideas why they require 2x2 PICTURE with supplemental fee? other schools only ask for picture if you are invited for interview!!

Hey guys, did anyone not have their checks cashed out? I sent my supplementary with photo and check on 7/31/2013 and they still didn't cash the check.

It takes one to two months for them to cash the check in. That's how it took for me and I applied at the end of June

Hey guys, did anyone not have their checks cashed out? I sent my supplementary with photo and check on 7/31/2013 and they still didn't cash the check.

Don't worry, I sent mine mid-July and they still haven't cashed it

Just got a call for an interview!

Mail out date - 6/28

got a call for interview today!! so excited

in state applicant. just got my interview call (for late september).

I'm Canadian.
My GPA is 3.97 and for DAT (Canadian): 22/23/22/21 (AA/TS/PAT/Reading)

I got a call too for September 28th :banana:

Michigan resident, sGPA 3.77, oGPA 3.83, DAT(AA/TS/PAT/reading) 19/19/19/18