***The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental class 2018***

I thought i should have done that while I got the offer of alternate list. Do we need to send it again? I already sent it in the first week of December.
I would update them about your extracurricular activities. Don't mention anything about your grades.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought i should have done that while I got the offer of alternate list. Do we need to send it again? I already sent it in the first week of December.
I would update them regarding your extracurricular activities. Don't mention anything about your grades...at least thats what i did.

Well the 14th has come and gone and all seems quiet on the SDN front...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well the 14th has come and gone and all seems quiet on the SDN front...

At least we learnt to find a way to hope. I am so sorry about these dark days but do we have any more options?

Has anyone in the waitlist applied for the bms program at Wayne state? I'm considering starting that in the fall to improve my application. Also how does reapplying work while on the waitlist?

Congrats to all that got accepted! If you are attending Detroit Mercy next year I look forward to meeting you! I was just wondering if any of you are doing anything to prep for dental school? Right now all I seem to be doing to going to concerts and drinking my summer days away so I'm just wondering if there is anything that I can do that could be more productive!

Thank you!

I'm looking at cars since you MUST own it to live around UDM

Congrats to all that got accepted! If you are attending Detroit Mercy next year I look forward to meeting you! I was just wondering if any of you are doing anything to prep for dental school? Right now all I seem to be doing to going to concerts and drinking my summer days away so I'm just wondering if there is anything that I can do that could be more productive!

Thank you!

1. Make wish for wait listers.

Withdrew my seat today, I'm sure a lucky and deserving individual will get it :) Goodluck to anyone else waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my seat today, I'm sure a lucky and deserving individual will get it :) Goodluck to anyone else waiting!

Thanks for your sharing!

Are you a Canadian student? If you are, have you heard that there are some movement among Canadian students who withdrew their spot from UDM?

Best wishes for your bright future!

Aw shucks, thank you so much :) Yes I am indeed Canadian but as for movement...not so much :/ It might be because I'm from the West Coast though and I'm guessing UDM was more of a desirable option for students in the Ontario area? I would say there'll definitely be more movement in the summer because UDM only had 1 deposit so most students are probably finalizing things at their Canadian institutions before they withdraw from UDM. Good luck to you, hoping for good news for everyone!

Aw shucks, thank you so much :) Yes I am indeed Canadian but as for movement...not so much :/ It might be because I'm from the West Coast though and I'm guessing UDM was more of a desirable option for students in the Ontario area? I would say there'll definitely be more movement in the summer because UDM only had 1 deposit so most students are probably finalizing things at their Canadian institutions before they withdraw from UDM. Good luck to you, hoping for good news for everyone!

Thank you for the clear explanation and kind word.
Good luck to you too! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi ya'll. I've been following this thread for a while and congrats to those who got in to UDM.
For those waitlisted, I really hope you get in! Stay posititive!

What months did you guys submit your AADSAS? Im applying for the 2014 cycle this June and wanted to know just how real this whole "apply early" thing is. I should have all of my application done by the end of August. Is that too late?

You guys obviously know what you're doing so i need your advice! :=|:-):

Hi ya'll. I've been following this thread for a while and congrats to those who got in to UDM.

What months did you guys submit your AADSAS? Im applying for the 2014 cycle this June and wanted to know just how real this whole "apply early" thing is. I should have all of my application done by the end of August. Is that too late?

"Apply early" has been tested for many generations of applicants. And yes, it is 120% real. And yes, it is very late to be done with your app by August.

"Apply early" has been tested for many generations of applicants. And yes, it is 120% real. And yes, it is very late to be done with your app by August.
OH no! Now im scared :'(

I am taking my DAT in August, which is the only reason my app will be late. Can the app be submitted without the DAT scores if I show that the exam is in progress?

OH no! Now im scared :'(

I am taking my DAT in August, which is the only reason my app will be late. Can the app be submitted without the DAT scores if I show that the exam is in progress?
Yeah, I mean you can definitely submit your app without your DATs. But it just won't be considered "complete" and won't be looked at until you have your DATs in. Good luck though..

Yeah, I mean you can definitely submit your app without your DATs. But it just won't be considered "complete" and won't be looked at until you have your DATs in. Good luck though..
wow so thats basically like me submitting in August (since they won't look at it until then) :(

wow so thats basically like me submitting in August (since they won't look at it until then) :(
Hey Garam,

Don't worry about being slightly late. Yes, it does reduce your chances of getting pre-December interviews but there's always post-December interviews. I'm a Canadian student and my scores weren't submitted until mid-January (which sucked for me because most US schools have deadlines on and before January 1st). Even though my application was late, I still managed to be accepted at UDM.

If next year doesn't work for you, try the year after. By then you'll know the process which puts you at a big advantage over first-time applicants.

Good luck!

don't worry too much
just try to submit it as early as you can

for me, I submitted AADSAS in July, but my application for UDM was not complete until early September cuz I didn't submit the secondary fee and/or my picture? ( I can't remember)
but I still got a pre-December interview.

good luck

Hey Garam,

Don't worry about being slightly late. Yes, it does reduce your chances of getting pre-December interviews but there's always post-December interviews. I'm a Canadian student and my scores weren't submitted until mid-January (which sucked for me because most US schools have deadlines on and before January 1st). Even though my application was late, I still managed to be accepted at UDM.

If next year doesn't work for you, try the year after. By then you'll know the process which puts you at a big advantage over first-time applicants.

Good luck!

WOW thats so good to hear! Do you mind telling me your stats? (GPA+DAT)> You were obviously super qualified and the late application didn't matter because of your stats im assuming. You can PM if you dont feel comf sharing it with everbody else :)

don't worry too much
just try to submit it as early as you can

for me, I submitted AADSAS in July, but my application for UDM was not complete until early September cuz I didn't submit the secondary fee and/or my picture? ( I can't remember)
but I still got a pre-December interview.

good luck
Have you been accepted to UDM already?

I did not write my DAT until the end of August as well so my application was not complete until late August/ early September and I got an October interview. I am however still on the wait list and not accepted (yet) though.

I did not write my DAT until the end of August as well so my application was not complete until late August/ early September and I got an October interview. I am however still on the wait list and not accepted (yet) though.
Well i hope nothing but the best for you...good luck!

Does anyone know when aadsas 2015-2016 opens up? I've heard it's supposed to go live on June 1st but then isn't it supposed to open a week before so you can get all the info typed in and then be able to submit June 1st?

Does anyone know when aadsas 2015-2016 opens up? I've heard it's supposed to go live on June 1st but then isn't it supposed to open a week before so you can get all the info typed in and then be able to submit June 1st?

it looks like it's going to open up on June 2nd this year.
and No, you cannot type any info before June 2nd.

I called admissions office today to see how many alternate candidates are still remaining. ~50 are still on the wait list and they're expecting more movements, but not too sure how many will be accepted off the wait list.

Reactions: 2 users
I called admissions office today to see how many alternate candidates are still remaining. ~50 are still on the wait list and they're expecting more movements, but not too sure how many will be accepted off the wait list.
Anticipating movement in what way? Are there still students holding multiple deposits?

To those who have been accepted to more than 1 school, are you still holding your spot at more than 1 of these? I am just wondering how long on average people like to hold their spots for whatever the reason may be. There may be a lot of people who are holding a spot at UDM who have already been accepted to their first choice just as a back up/"just in case".

Reactions: 1 users
To those who have been accepted to more than 1 school, are you still holding your spot at more than 1 of these? I am just wondering how long on average people like to hold their spots for whatever the reason may be. There may be a lot of people who are holding a spot at UDM who have already been accepted to their first choice just as a back up/"just in case".

im not sure if this will help u cuz this info is from NYU, but nyu admissions gave me email today saying that they have students that are holding spots at multiple skools and that they are expecting those students to make a final decision soon. so more spots will open up

The wait list is still moving. Got the call from Dr. Jeffers yesterday! I'm accepting the offer and will be withdrawing from my other school (LECOM).

Last edited:
The wait list is still moving. Got the call from Dr. Jeffers yesterday! I'm accepting the offer and will be withdrawing from my other school (LECOM).
Congrats. Do you mind sharing your status.

I called and they said about 50 people still on the wait list.

Congrats !!!
You have acceptance from both skools now, Comparing advantages and disadvantages of UDM and LECOM, do you mind to think about keeping LECOM and give up your spot in UDM for people in the wait list that have acceptance only from UDM?
Its your call for sure but think about doing a favor to a future colleague of yours :) I would think about it if both skools having almost same weight considering different elements, i.e. City, School, fees, etc, etc...

Congrats !!!
You have acceptance from both skools now, Comparing advantages and disadvantages of UDM and LECOM, do you mind to think about keeping LECOM and give up your spot in UDM for people in the wait list that have acceptance only from UDM?
Its your call for sure but think about doing a favor to a future colleague of yours :) I would think about it if both skools having almost same weight considering different elements, i.e. City, School, fees, etc, etc...
THIS GUY.. I would drop LECOM as well. Lets be realistic.

Congrats !!!

Ha. Ha! Did you create a new account just to troll? I have nothing bad to say about LECOM. They left a great impression with me during my interview and I would have been completely happy there. But UDM is just a better fit for me.

THIS GUY.. I would drop LECOM as well. Lets be realistic.
Whats wrong with LECOM ? am not familiar with Uni. location looks pretty decent... good to know the known issues to consider, just in case

Congrats !!!
Except they don't have the same "weight considering different elements". Oops, UDM >>>>>>LECOM every day of the week

Congrats !!!
But think about the people who only got waitlisted at LECOM! He should be considerate of them too!

Attention please!
To those who have multiple or double acceptances from any school, any where! Considering the painful waiting moments ( specially these recent days), please make your decision ASAP. There are some waitlisters who have just one chance! Think about it as if you had been at this situation.

Last edited:
Attention please!
To those who have multiple or double acceptances from any school, any where! Considering the painful waiting moments ( specially these recent days), please make your decision ASAP. There are some waitlisters who have just one chance! Think about it as if you had been at this situation.

Hang in there, I personally know a couple of people that are on waitlist at Toronto who would definitely withdraw from UDM once they get in.

The wait list is moving. I just got a call from Dr Jeffers. I am accepting the offer. Good luck guys. It was a long wait , but you will receive a call anytime.

The wait list is moving. I just got a call from Dr Jeffers. I am accepting the offer. Good luck guys. It was a long wait , but you will receive a call anytime.

Congrats. I am so happy for you.

Hang in there, I personally know a couple of people that are on waitlist at Toronto who would definitely withdraw from UDM once they get in.

it's not realistic to expect the waitlist of UofT move considerably.

it's not realistic to expect the waitlist of UofT move considerably.

At this point, there is nothing we could do except we wait patiently and hopefully. I deeply understand that you have been through very tough moments while waiting this "endless period." However, a fact is that Dr. Jeffers will make a call to us. It is just a matter of time!

At this point, there is nothing we could do except we wait patiently and hopefully. I deeply understand that you have been through very tough moments while waiting this "endless period." However, a fact is that Dr. Jeffers will make a call to us. It is just a matter of time!

Thanks, the fact is so many alternates didn't receive a call last year, this one bothers me a lot.