*** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

NEVER MIND....JUST GOT THE EMAIL FOR THE ALTERNATE LIST!!!!

AAAAHHHHHHH i hope I can accepted...i can almost taste it!!! :O

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
NEVER MIND....JUST GOT THE EMAIL FOR THE ALTERNATE LIST!!!!

AAAAHHHHHHH i hope I can accepted...i can almost taste it!!! :O
Dude, congrats! hopefully I have good news later in the day :eyebrow:

Dude, congrats! hopefully I have good news later in the day :eyebrow:
stay positive! they MIGHT be going by last name...my last name starts with an "A" so im sure youll hear something soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
when do we know if we've been invited to be on the alternate list if we interviewed on the 13th?
The suspense is killing me. This is going to be a lonnnnnnnnnng winter break -_____-
I got an alternate list email today. Enjoy this long break! Soon you'll be in dental school dreaming of breaks :)

stay positive! they MIGHT be going by last name...my last name starts with an "A" so im sure youll hear something soon!
Yeeehaaawww!!!!! Got the good news I wanted; made it onto the alternate list!
Interviewed Dec 13th. Last name starts with letter R.

Just got the alternate email as well. I interviewed on December 13. But I just got accepted into my dream school today and I will decline the alternate offer. Hopefully it will move up the waiting list a little bit faster.

Just got the alternate email as well. I interviewed on December 13. But I just got accepted into my dream school today and I will decline the alternate offer. Hopefully it will move up the waiting list a little bit faster.
good luck!

whats your dream school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got a confirmation email confirming my spot.
I replied to confirm that I would like to remain on the alternate list, but nobody responded to my email. should I call to check If they already received my email? can I ask what the confirmation email stated? thanks

I replied to confirm that I would like to remain on the alternate list, but nobody responded to my email. should I call to check If they already received my email? can I ask what the confirmation email stated? thanks
My waitlist confirmation email just stated "thanks".

It's the weekend and it's 3:59am.... give it some time at least wait until Monday

mine said "thank you for the quick response"
Goddang it, this is gonna be a long @$$ winter break :(

That is okay. If I were you I would pick your top choice I would write a letter of intent. Did you get in to any other schools?
I have not yet, but I have interviews scheduled for january. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
AADSAS status just changed to wait listed. My heart dropped into my stomach just seeing it in words, but Im staying positive that a lot of us can get off the waitlist and into the class !!

so, people have been saying that the next huge wave should be Jan1st or 2nd since that's when the deposit is due, but reading last year's thread, people didn't hear a peep until feb 3rd or so.
Just a heads up for people waiting desperately.

AADSAS status just changed to wait listed. My heart dropped into my stomach just seeing it in words, but Im staying positive that a lot of us can get off the waitlist and into the class !!
Yup, got the change to wait list today too. Was everyone from the Dec. 13th interviews wait listed, or were there rejections too? How many people will they limit the wait list to?

Mine changed to wait listed as well. Let's hope for the best...

Yup, got the change to wait list today too. Was everyone from the Dec. 13th interviews wait listed, or were there rejections too? How many people will they limit the wait list to?
dr. jeffers said we were all interviewing for spots on the alternate list (on Dec. 13)
Did some ppl who interviewed dec. 13 really get rejections?

dr. jeffers said we were all interviewing for spots on the alternate list (on Dec. 13)
Did some ppl who interviewed dec. 13 really get rejections?
Yeah, I remember him saying that, but I was asking if anyone got rejected after the interview. I don't know if everyone from the interview got wait listed or not.

D-1!!!

Or are they closed tomorrow for new years holiday?

In last years thread. People didn't start hearing till feb so I wouldn't get your hopes up

Yeah i noticed that too.
They need to hurry up. My hairs are falling out from stress!

Reactions: 2 users
please update us as soon as you get the acceptance call and good luck everyone !!

I've just declined my seat.
Detroit Mercy is amazing school. Good luck to you all.

Do we have an official Facebook page yet for the class of 2019?? I want to get to know my future classmates!! :) :)

Do we have an official Facebook page yet for the class of 2019?? I want to get to know my future classmates!! :) :)

Inbox me your FB name. I'll add you to the group...

JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!! DR. JEFFERS CALLED ME AND LEFT A VOICEMAIL....i think im about to explode from happiness~

MI resident
Interviewed Dec. 13

VERY AVERAGE STATS!! 20AA 19TS 3.7 overall, 3.5 sciGPA

Reactions: 10 users
I called him back and he offered me a seat. Got an email soon after :zip::banana::biglove: