*** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Congratulations..are you Michigan resident? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!! DR. JEFFERS CALLED ME AND LEFT A VOICEMAIL....i think im about to explode from happiness~

MI resident
Interviewed Dec. 13

VERY AVERAGE STATS!! 20AA 19TS 3.7 overall, 3.5 sciGPA
Congratulations man! I hope to get the call soon

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone send letters or call to show interest in the school?

JUST GOT THE CALL...SO HAPPY:claps::biglove:
everyone keep your heads up....I lost hope because the admissions lady told me that the class was full and that Dr.Jeffers was done making calls. Then 20 minutes later got the call!

Good luck to everyone!
Pre-dec interview and MI resident!

Reactions: 5 users
wow congrats to you all!! I need that call to come NOW!! I interviewed pre dec also MI resident Btw. Good luck everyone!

We have the same stats literally, I have a 3.74 and 3.68 science, only difference. Congratulations!!
JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!! DR. JEFFERS CALLED ME AND LEFT A VOICEMAIL....i think im about to explode from happiness~

MI resident
Interviewed Dec. 13

O

MI resident
Interviewed Dec. 13

congrats! lucky you~~~

Any out of state who was on wait list got accepted today? Thanks

MI resident
Interviewed Dec. 13

holy shiznit!
congrats man!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any out of state who was on wait list got accepted today? Thanks

OOS here, waitlisted after 11/1 interview, no calls yet.
We still have a long way to go!

Out of state. Interviewed in Sep. no calls yet.

Last edited:
been keeping my fingers crossed with no luck..
anyone else got the call?

SO two of us have been taking off the waitlist and offered acceptances so far.
I was not expecting to hear anything back until mid February at the latest. There's still lots of time, as some ppl are still interviewing at other schools and might decline UDM offers later.

Don't lose hope! This UDM cycle is proving to be one full of surprises. You'll get the call when you least expect it. Trust me. (I was in the shower thinking about how I should take the GRE and apply for an MPH program just in case...almost bought GRE books the day before too)

It's insanity. Beautiful, beautiful insanity :)

Reactions: 4 users
I was not expecting to hear anything back until mid February at the latest. There's still lots of time, as some ppl are still interviewing at other schools and might decline UDM offers later.

Don't lose hope! This UDM cycle is proving to be one full of surprises. You'll get the call when you least expect it. Trust me. (I was in the shower thinking about how I should take the GRE and apply for an MPH program just in case...almost bought GRE books the day before too)

Congrats! I hope I get a call soon, so nerve wrecking

You and me both! UDM here I come :)

JUST GOT THE CALL..OFFERED A SEAT AFTER A LONG WAIt....best of luck to those who are on the wait list....
california resident
science, non science ~GPA 3.6
Dat 21 AA
Tremendous volunteering hours and dental experience...

JUST GOT THE CALL..OFFERED A SEAT AFTER A LONG WAIt....best of luck to those who are on the wait list....
california resident
science, non science ~GPA 3.6
Dat 21 AA
Tremendous volunteering hours and dental experience...
Congrats! When was your interview?

I continue my plan B regardless of whether i receive a call now or later. Passive waiting is not my type....:hello:

Any hope to pre-dec interviewers? It seems like majority (except 1 in this thread) of people who got accepted in January had post dec interviews.

I have read previous posts and my understanding is:

All the seats are taken, and only a few spots will be available in case people drop their seats.
Although acceptances are going til April, the chances are low.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Any hope to pre-dec interviewers? It seems like majority (except 1 in this thread) of people who got accepted in January had post dec interviews.

All the seats are taken, and only a few spots will be available in case people drop their seats.

Heard udm waitlist moves pretty quickly. I hope it will continue to hold that trend this year.

Yup, your chances are low, but mine are high. ;)

Will be declining my offer of acceptance. Hope it makes one your guys' days! Good luck.

Reactions: 3 users
Ap

Studying dentistry at a Caribbean dental school.
The only Caribbean dental school which offers courses in english, is in Trinidad and Tobago! I guess you need to reconsider your plan B!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the wait list started moving, I saw only about couple people got off the wait list. I know Dr. Jeffers, mentioned that those who are on the wait list are most likely gonna get in..did anyone here this too?

Does anyone know if the wait list started moving, I saw only about couple people got off the wait list. I know Dr. Jeffers, mentioned that those who are on the wait list are most likely gonna get in..did anyone here this too?
Yes I clearly remember that too.

I will be withdrawing my acceptance. Really hope it helps somebody on here out! UDM truly seems like a top notch program.

I will be withdrawing my acceptance. Really hope it helps somebody on here out! UDM truly seems like a top notch program.

calling dibbs again. I am serious this time.
:):)

Keep your heads up guys, I got a call in April last year. There will be lot of movement from now till august.

Keep your heads up guys, I got a call in April last year. There will be lot of movement from now till august.

Thanks. Did classes kick your ass in your d1 year?

UWI, what is the serious problem of being there? I got accepted last cycle and I held my spot.

There's lots of hope for pre-december interviewers!! I interviewed on Oct 3 and I got the acceptance call from Mr. Jeffers last Monday. The deposit date from my understanding is Feb 10 so there will be a lot movement happening around that time. Just stay positive and hopeful....just have to wait this period out :)

There's lots of hope for pre-december interviewers!! I interviewed on Oct 3 and I got the acceptance call from Mr. Jeffers last Monday. The deposit date from my understanding is Feb 10 so there will be a lot movement happening around that time. Just stay positive and hopeful....just have to wait this period out :)

Thanks for providing hope! I interviewed October 17, and I am currently placed on the wait list...the wait is killing me and making me nervous at the same time. Hopefully we will all here good news sometime soon, keep a positive headset even when it's hard to.

Last edited:
They will scare you about the class schedule during orientation but it's totally manageable. You have plenty of down time as long as you manage your time wisely. However, the winter semester is another story.
oh come on! You can't add that curveball and not elaborate!!!!! :scared: