*** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

oh come on! You can't add that curveball and not elaborate!!!!! :scared:
Garam Masala,
What was the deposit deadline for you?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
oh come on! You can't add that curveball and not elaborate!!!!! :scared:
Right now we are taking Immunology, Pathology, Biochemistry II,Physiology, Gross Anatomy and all other dental related classes.Livin the dream:banana:

Members don't see this ad :)
Right now we are taking Immunology, Pathology, Biochemistry II,Physiology, Gross Anatomy and all other dental related classes.Livin the dream:banana:

would you say the class difficulty is significantly higher than undergrad upper level classes like (immuno, biochem, histo, a/p) or is it hard mostly because you are taking so many of those at once?

February 6th...but I got accepted by phone Jan. 7 (so a full month just about) :)
Thank you. One more question, if you don't mind: Are you currently taking any of the pre-req courses required by UDM, or were those all completed when you got the call from Dr. Jeffers?

Thank you. One more question, if you don't mind: Are you currently taking any of the pre-req courses required by UDM, or were those all completed when you got the call from Dr. Jeffers?
Which pre-req courses do you mean? I'm a bio major, so I've taken all the chem, physics and bio classes that was required.

What else do they require?

Which pre-req courses do you mean? I'm a bio major, so I've taken all the chem, physics and bio classes that was required.

What else do they require?

Ah, yes, sorry for the confusion. I was a Poli Sci major in undergrad and completed a post bacc program. I've completed all courses except for Microbiology (currently in progress), so I was wondering if anyone had been accepted with that course in progress?

Ah, yes, sorry for the confusion. I was a Poli Sci major in undergrad and completed a post bacc program. I've completed all courses except for Microbiology (currently in progress), so I was wondering if anyone had been accepted with that course in progress?
I was taking Micro last semester when I was accepted. Currently taking Physics 2 for pre-reqs.

Has anyone been accepted from previous years without taking microbio? I have taken anatomy with lab, physiology with lab, immunology, ecology with lab. I interviewed at Detroit but didn't take microbio because I thought my course load was sufficient. And microbio is touched on in almost all biology classes in one way or another.

Has anyone been accepted from previous years without taking microbio? I have taken anatomy with lab, physiology with lab, immunology, ecology with lab. I interviewed at Detroit but didn't take microbio because I thought my course load was sufficient. And microbio is touched on in almost all biology classes in one way or another.
It's a requirement for admission

http://dental.udmercy.edu/admission/procedure/

I graduated already and obviously the admission committee knows that. So why was I offered an interview without having taken that class?

What's stopping you from taking microbiology at a cc? It is their expectation that you fulfill their requirements before matriculation. That will have to be your responsibility, but it has no bearing on the admission process.

Members don't see this ad :)
I graduated already and obviously the admission committee knows that. So why was I offered an interview without having taken that class?

I might be wrong, but I believe if you are accepted it will be a under the condition that you successfully complete any outstanding prerequisites prior to matriculation. Most schools require that all requirements be fulfilled at the end of the spring term prior to matriculation.

Most adcoms reserve the right to waive certain pre-reqs .

Most adcoms reserve the right to waive certain pre-reqs .
Yeah, I could see that.
@PreDental0226: maybe when the time is right, you should contact UDM and ask about waiving microbio based on your completion of several upper division bio courses? Just a though, not sure if that would help or hurt.

would you say the class difficulty is significantly higher than undergrad upper level classes like (immuno, biochem, histo, a/p) or is it hard mostly because you are taking so many of those at once?
The material itself is not bad but it's just taking all the courses at once that sucks

havent heard back yet. are they done with their class?

havent heard back yet. are they done with their class?

they better not be.
I talked to the admission office and they said it's just highly unpredictable every year when they will have seats open because people have certain number of days to put deposit, and some people make deposit, but when they are accepted to their choice of school, they withdraw from UDM. so it is a pretty dynamic process, obviously, but for people waiting for seats to open up, it's not very fair.

they better not be.
I talked to the admission office and they said it's just highly unpredictable every year when they will have seats open because people have certain number of days to put deposit, and some people make deposit, but when they are accepted to their choice of school, they withdraw from UDM. so it is a pretty dynamic process, obviously, but for people waiting for seats to open up, it's not very fair.
this is exactly why i should have applied back in june and not in august -.-

they better not be.

Just wish to have a conversation regarding this issue. You say it's unfair? I agree. For many people who are waiting to know where their life is going, I can imagine it being the most unpredictable months of your life. I know because I was there 3 years ago.

But , in your opinion, what kind of process you think they should adopt that would satisfy those who say it is unfair? How should they make it more fairer to wait-list applicants?

this is exactly why i should have applied back in june and not in august -.-
I applied August and the app was officially complete in Sept....so i think theres more to it than simply applying early.

I applied August and the app was officially complete in Sept....so i think theres more to it than simply applying early.

I'm the same way, applied early August and wasn't complete until September. I got my interview for October 17 and was placed on the wait list. Just keep doing what you're doing and good luck to you!

Does anybody remember the name of their interviewers? I remember I had the Brazilian guy, but I forgot his name... any help?

I had Dr. Berkowski (I think that's how you spell his name)

i just got an 'app initiated' email. no app complete email. my aadsas changed status a 2 months ago to "Your application has been received and is currently undergoing formal steps for committee review." thats it.

As hard as it was to do, I withdrew my acceptance to UDM today. I hope one of you that is waiting will be getting some good news in the coming days.

Reactions: 2 users

Yeah, my application was officially complete December 1st, haha. Here's to tardiness!

Reactions: 1 users
when is the february deadline for deposits? is there just one date or is it different for a lot of people?

man, UDM is awfully too quiet.

I am willing to cancel all my other interviews if i get accepted to UDM..

when is the february deadline for deposits? is there just one date or is it different for a lot of people?

man, UDM is awfully too quiet.

I am willing to cancel all my other interviews if i get accepted to UDM..

I hope you get accepted man...I can see your commitment to UDM.

Alot of people seem to have withdrawn their acceptance so you should probably be hearing from UDM soon.

Which other schools do you have interviews at? I have gotten no interviews post-dec. Not that I'll go to any since I spent everything pre-dec going to 4 interviews lol, but atleast it'll make me feel good that I was considered to other places.

An UDM professor (not part of admission) told me on Friday that 144 people have paid their deposit this year (take that with a grain of salt)

An UDM professor (not part of admission) told me on Friday that 144 people have paid their deposit this year (take that with a grain of salt)

the outlook doesn't seem so great for us waiting, but not everyone who makes the deposit actually attends, so the waiting game continues..

I hope you get accepted man...I can see your commitment to UDM.

Alot of people seem to have withdrawn their acceptance so you should probably be hearing from UDM soon.

Which other schools do you have interviews at? I have gotten no interviews post-dec. Not that I'll go to any since I spent everything pre-dec going to 4 interviews lol, but atleast it'll make me feel good that I was considered to other places.

I have NYU, western, and LECOM left.
NYU and western this week, lecome in April. Hoping to hear something before april.

Best of luck 2THDDS, I'm eagerly waiting for UDM as well! This have been such a quiet cycle compared to last few years.

Tell me about it, this wait is killing me lol. I haven't seen many people get off the wait list though...

this whole waiting game and admissions process had me second guess myself and what's on my application.
When and If I do get an acceptance, I think I will still be in disbelief for a while before it really sinks in.

So please, people who are holding multiples seats, give em up :)

Reactions: 3 users
this whole waiting game and admissions process had me second guess myself and what's on my application.
When and If I do get an acceptance, I think I will still be in disbelief for a while before it really sinks in.

So please, people who are holding multiples seats, give em up :)

I, too am in the same position! Fingers crossed for some movement!!

You guys think theres gonna be a few ppl that get in within the next week or are they actually completely full. I know last year there were almost 10 people that posted on sdn that got in around this time.

You guys think theres gonna be a few ppl that get in within the next week or are they actually completely full. I know last year there were almost 10 people that posted on sdn that got in around this time.
gg it's all over folks, nothing to see here...

JK gotta play the waiting game now.

but last year they only because back in first week of feb because that was there second round. The next round of acceptance this year will be the third round. But it seems like udm also pull people off the WL pretty sporadic too.

Hopefully i will get a phone call soon. I have a good feeling.