*** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Me too! I hope history repeats itself and we'll get calls this week.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call yesterday! I interviewed in September

Reactions: 4 users
Ahh! Nice stats. I wonder if they'll call for Canadians.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know around when we should hear back after an interview at the end of January? I haven't been able to get a hold of them.

Does anyone know around when we should hear back after an interview at the end of January? I haven't been able to get a hold of them.

I don't know, surprisingly UDM seems pretty quite this year...it's scary lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That is likely been the case. More calls would only come up if someone decides to drop

Nothing: ( I called them a week ago and they told me it'll be like this until April... Only accepting more when people drop off.

It's true right that they said most people will get off the wait list? Want to make sure I'm not just hearing things

It's true right that they said most people will get off the wait list? Want to make sure I'm not just hearing things

Yea he said that and I've heard it from several people.. This year for some reason they've barely called anyone on the waitlist.

Going to be in the Detroit area this week and I emailed them if I could possibly stop by and observe in the clinic. No response yet. I will be sure to let you all know if I hear anything about the wait list!

Hey guys, I'm applying for the upcoming cycle and I wanted to know any pointers/tips you guys would give. Anything helps, like if you would have done anything different if you could go back, etc. Thank you

Hey guys, I'm applying for the upcoming cycle and I wanted to know any pointers/tips you guys would give. Anything helps, like if you would have done anything different if you could go back, etc. Thank you
I definitely would have prepared for and taken the DAT much earlier so as to have EVERYthing in by June/July. I think that's most important at the point of applying. But I'm still VERY pleased with my outcome best of luck!

Anyone planning on writing a letter of intent? I've already been accepted elsewhere but would def go to UDM.

Anyone planning on writing a letter of intent? I've already been accepted elsewhere but would def go to UDM.

I wasn't planning on writing a letter. Where else did you get accepted?

Good news for you guys - I will be giving up my spot this week! Good luck :)

I received the acceptance call this morning. I'm OOS and the class was full when I interviewed on 1/30, so I went to the interview knowing that I would be waitlisted. There's movements in the waitlist, so I would advise to just wait patiently.

What is the area code of the number Dr Jeffers calls from? I missed a call from a private number this morning, which I understand is probably nothing, but I can't help but to overthink since he was making calls today!
I received the acceptance call this morning. I'm OOS and the class was full when I interviewed on 1/30, so I went to the interview knowing that I would be waitlisted. There's movements in the waitlist, so I would advise to just wait patiently.

Congrats. Would you mind sharing your stats?

What is the area code of the number Dr Jeffers calls from? I missed a call from a private number this morning, which I understand is probably nothing, but I can't help but to overthink since he was making calls today!

Last edited:
For those of you who were accepted, how long did it take to get your acceptance package / what is exactly in it?

seems like it's moving very slowly. So much for saying that they accept 90% of interviewed applicants throughout the semester.
Hopefully, we will see more movements.

In the meantime, I am spending my extra time collecting razor blades (for shaving) and shaving creams.

Hello Everyone,

I received a call from Dr. Jeffers yesterday. I interviewed on December 13 and was waitlisted after. I am a Canadian applicant. Here are my stats:

Gpa: 3.78, Science Gpa: 3.80, Also have a Masters.

My DAT AA: 22.

I will be accepting the offer. Dr. Jeffers did not mention anything about the waitlist.

The area code in which he called from is 734. He called at 9:30 in the morning .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I will remain another hopeful Canadian! Thanks for the update.

I will remain another hopeful Canadian! Thanks for the update.
Pittsburgh has confirmed receipt of my deposit, so I will be withdrawing my acceptance to UDM on Monday. I'm also Canadian, hope it helps you out!

Reactions: 2 users
Jesus not nearly as much movement as last year... Dr. Jefferson needs to get his head in the game.

For the Canadians here, can you tell me how you're approaching living arrangements? I've been accepted to UDM and I'm thrilled since it was my first U.S. school choice. I plan to live near the bridge in Windsor and commute - but I am concerned that decent rentals will soon be snapped up by students at U of Windsor. I hope to find other Canadian students interested in rooming/commuting with and sign a lease (not sure how to do that - Facebook?) - but at the same time, I hold out a smidgeon of hope that I'll be invited to a Canadian school (which would be WAY less $$). How are other Canadians here handling this limbo?

Last edited:
Regretfully, I have decided that I will be withdrawing my offer from UDM (I just received an acceptance offer from UBC at my home province).

My (Canadian) stats: 3.95 gpa, 3.94 science gpa

Dat score: 20AA

UDM seemed like an amazing school with an excellent clinical program when I interviewed there last September. It was definitely a top choice school to attend, if I would not have gained acceptance at a dental school closer to home.

Best of luck to people on the waitlist!

Regretfully, I have decided that I will be withdrawing my offer from UDM (I just received an acceptance offer from UBC at my home province).

My (Canadian) stats: 3.95 gpa, 3.94 science gpa

Dat score: 20AA

UDM seemed like an amazing school with an excellent clinical program when I interviewed there last September. It was definitely a top choice school to attend, if I would not have gained acceptance at a dental school closer to home.

Best of luck to people on the waitlist!
thanks a lot for sharing the news and congrats! look at that gpa :wow:

I just got an email saying if I want to remain on the wait list.

we don't need to do any thing right? (if we want to remain on the list)

Not unless they ask you for stuff. However, to move up in the wait list ranking, I suggest steadily doing stuff that would strengthen your application and update them via email.

Just got an interview invitation. I am a canadian resident!

Guess they don't like those still on the wait list