*** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

any news guys?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
is there a facebook page for the class of 2019?

Accepted off waitlist today, call at 1:26pm PST. Canadian applicant.

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations :) Do you mind sharing your stats plz? :)

Hi, GPA 3.72, TS 20, AA21, PAT19, from west coast

Dr. Jeffers told me I had to 2 weeks to decide. I already paid my $5000 deposit to NYU. So, this is going to be extremely hard decision to make.

Reactions: 1 users
That is really rough! Best of luck choosing:) keep us updated! I'm a fellow Canadian as well with my fingers crossed!
Hi, GPA 3.72, TS 20, AA21, PAT19, from west coast

Dr. Jeffers told me I had to 2 weeks to decide. I already paid my $5000 deposit to NYU. So, this is going to be extremely hard decision to make.

Reactions: 1 user
Just gave up my seat at UDM so one of you will hear soon. Good luck and have fun at UDM. Amazing school!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are Canadians still waiting on Canadian schools? I know udm traditionally gets a lot of them and hence decent WL movement

I am a Canadian still waiting on UDM, haha! When do Canadian schools release updates?

Edited: I was trolling my friend. This did not happen.

Just got accepted off the wait list today!!!! Call was at 11:12 am EST. Canadian applicant. Still think I'm dreaming!!! Goodluck to all

GPA 3.44
AA 23
PAT 19

Last edited:
I plan on applying UDM. The website says DAT is good for 2 years. But on the ADEA guide it say 02/01/2015 oldest to be considered. So the score is good for two years from the UDM deadline 02/01?

I plan on applying UDM. The website says DAT is good for 2 years. But on the ADEA guide it say 02/01/2015 oldest to be considered. So the score is good for two years from the UDM deadline 02/01?
If you are uncertain, I highly recommend sending a personal email to the school or calling them to verify.

If you are uncertain, I highly recommend sending a personal email to the school or calling them to verify.

Thank you. I will contact the school. But there seem to be error in ADEA guide. ADEA guide say oldest should be two years based on UDM's application deadline...

Thank you. I will contact the school. But there seem to be error in ADEA guide. ADEA guide say oldest should be two years based on UDM's application deadline...
Yes, I have found discrepancies with the book before. It is still a good book, but if something is a major point of emphasis for you i encourage you to be proactive about finding out the truth

From UDM's website:

Dental Admission Test (DAT)
All applicants for admission are required to take the Dental Admission Test (DAT), a national standardized test. This computerized examination, administered at various Prometric test centers, is available almost any day of the year. The testing program is designed to measure general academic ability, comprehension of scientific information, and perceptual ability. Scores from the DAT are an important component to one's application to dental school and should be recognized as such by the student. Members of an admissions committee frequently use the DAT to predict a student's success or potential failure in the school's curriculum. Students are encouraged to obtain sample DAT information, consult commercially available preparatory books and embark upon a systematic, planned study program. Additional information about the DAT can be obtained by visiting the American Dental Association's (ADA) website at http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/index.asp.

Students are advised to take the DAT only after basic requirements in chemistry and biology have been completed. An applicant should try to achieve competitive scores of 20 or higher in each section. Retaking the DAT, with the goal of achieving more competitive scores is encouraged; however, the applicant is encouraged to consult with the Office of Admissions when contemplating retaking the DAT. DAT scores older than two years from the time of the test are not acceptable . The Canadian DAT is acceptable for Canadian applicants http://www.cda-adc.ca.

Anyone knows whether all Canadian schools have released the final results ? Wondering why UDM is so slow on the wait list this year :mad:

Edited: I was trolling my friend. This did not happen.

Just got accepted off the wait list today!!!! Call was at 11:12 am EST. Canadian applicant. Still think I'm dreaming!!! Goodluck to all

GPA 3.44
AA 23
PAT 19

were you really trolling or you got accepted ?

Guys the waitlist is moving! I was accepted to UDM this morning. Goodluck to everyone and looking forward to meeting you guys this August!!!

are you trolling or serious?
if you don't mind sharing your residency, stats, and when interviewed? did he say how many on the wt list?

Guys the waitlist is moving! I was accepted to UDM this morning. Goodluck to everyone and looking forward to meeting you guys this August!!!

R you serious?
Is it possible to know ur stat and interview date?

Just got accepted off the wait list today! Canadian applicant. gpa 3.81, aa 21, pat 18. Does anyone know how long the pachage in the mail takes to come?

Just got accepted off the wait list today! Canadian applicant. gpa 3.81, aa 21, pat 18. Does anyone know how long the pachage in the mail takes to come?

Are you accepting? Did you ask how many seats were left on the wait list?

Congrats! My fingers are still crossed

Hi guys,
I was on alternate list last cycle and never got an offer from UDM. I remember showing interest multiple times and desperately wanting to get in, but they had about 100 waitlisters to choose from around this time of the year. I wouldn't give up hopes. However, dont let this stop you from prepping for the new cycle. Retake DAT if needed, rack up on research and volunteering hrs, so and so to make you a better candidate. Dont spend too much time lurking on SDN. I was religiously checking SDN entire cycle
last year. I know how frustrating it is to wait, but it does you no good finding out who gets an offer, what their stats are and how many seats are available atm. Keep working hard. Your time will come sooner or later. Remember, they like re-applicants that show improvements. Good luck!

100 waitlisters? I thought only 12 ppl didn't get accepted out of all interviewed.

100 waitlisters? I thought only 12 ppl didn't get accepted out of all interviewed.
I was told the same from Dr.Jeffers on the interview day and informed our interview group (had about 100 that day) was the last, but there was another ~ 30 group in March. I know the turnover rate at UDM is high, but not too high to keep 100+ waitlisters in June.

Are you accepting? Did you ask how many seats were left on the wait list?

Congrats! My fingers are still crossed

Sorry for the late reply it is just starting to hit me now. Unfortunately no, I did not ask how many seats were available. Good luck to those still waiting!

Where's everyone living next year?

I'm trying to figure out housing and have zero idea on where to start o_O

Where's everyone living next year?

I'm trying to figure out housing and have zero idea on where to start o_O

I'm living in Royal Oak..That's where alot of the students for UDM-SOD stay. Keep checking the FB group, people keep posting information about apartments there.

Wailist is moving! Got the call today, accepted the offer

Accepted off the waitlist on Monday morning! Looks like I'm moving to Detroit! Wooooo!

Hey guys, I've got an interview on the 24th of October. I wanted to know if anyone could give me a brief description of what the interview was like and what I should expect to be asked? Thanks!