*** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Anyone receive their confirmation email yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invitation! Excited to visit Detroit - never been there before. Taking a train that should get me there with 3 hours to spare...if Amtrak runs further behind than that, I'm going to be really irked

Reactions: 1 user
How many days did it take for you to get the confirmation? Good luck to you as well!
I think it took a little more than a week ( we are talking about confirmation email, not the package right?).
It just says the interview date and time.
You will get it soon. Don't worry

I think it took a little more than a week ( we are talking about confirmation email, not the package right?).
It just says the interview date and time.
You will get it soon. Don't worry

Yup, the email. Thanks! I just want the confirmation email before I book a flight/hotel.

Got the confirmation email for September 27 today

Hey guys...just wondering when I am supposed to send my application fee/picture to UDM. Do I wait until after a confirmation that they received my AADSAS application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question. When UDM says their average DAT score was 21 last cycle, does that mean the average of AA and PA? or just AA? thnaks

Quick question. When UDM says their average DAT score was 21 last cycle, does that mean the average of AA and PA? or just AA? thnaks

If I remember correctly, it was a 21 for AA, TS, and PAT

Is there any Canadian applicants? I just received an email that says Interview Invitation from UDM, but my ADEA status didn't change yet. They specifically provided two dates for the interview and I was wondering if it was like this for other Canadian applicants?

So has anyone booked accommodations yet. I have an interview on the 27th and would like to split a taxi or just hear where everyone is planning to stay. I'm not sure which areas are safest.

Hello I jut got an interview today by email. Calling tomorrow to schedule. As soon as I know the date , I will post here to see of someone wants to share taxi or something. Cheers ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey if anyone is interested, I am looking for someone to share a place in Dearborn (I was told this place is affordable) for the dates Sept 11-13th. If you're interested, feel free to email me at for some details [email protected]

Does anyone have an information on where to stay (safe but not too far away from the school) in Detroit? Here's some info I've found so far: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/hotels-near-u-of-detroit-mercy-dental.859804/
I've just started looking but thought I'd post on here in case anyone has found out anything else. Thanks for the help. Can't wait to meet those interviewing on Sept 27th!! and Good Luck to those who are still waiting for an invite. It'll happen, just be patient!

Hey! Do you mind to give some suggestions on where to stay for the interview? I checked out those hotels recommended in the confirmation email and they were all pretty expensive. Thank you!

Woo!! Just received an interview today :happy:

Hello Everyone. Just scheduled my Interview for November 1st . It was between november 1st and december 13th. If anyone is interviewing on November 1st, please let me know, and maybe we can share a room the night before and go halfsies. I am trying to save a little bit of money, because I have the NSU interview on October 30th, so I have to fly from Fort Lauderdale to Detroit. Thank you

Cheers :)

Also having a tough time deciding which hotel to stay in haha

You guys should also check out Hamtramck while you're in Detroit...super cultural and super inexpensive. Within the 2 mile radius you'll find Bangladeshi/Indian/Pakistani/Yemeni/Mexican/Bosnian and Polish cuisine and shopping.

If you're planning to attend UDM, it would be really cheap to live down here. (Like rent a house or a floor of a house with utilities included for + 2/3 bedrooms, living room, dining room and kitchen for approx. $400...no joke!) <--ive seen ppl get even lower rates. You could even share with someone at your school.
I live here so UDM is naturally my No.1 choice, but if i didnt i would totally live here just because of how cheap the cost of living is here!

About a 7 min drive to UDM campus and 10 min to midtown Detroit! The city literally borders Detroit. Just ask someone directions :)

Interviewing on Nov. 1st ... 7th batch though (oops...). Anyone have suggestions on where I can book for an affordable hotel room?

Interviewing on Nov. 1st ... 7th batch though (oops...). Anyone have suggestions on where I can book for an affordable hotel room?
Hello. I am looking for hotel rooms as well. I i scheduled for November 1st as well. Please let me know if you would like to maybe share the room. Thank you.

Hey MasterDental, I wouldn't feel too comfortable sharing a room with a guy...nothing personal though!! I'm thinking of booking at a Mariott hotel near DTW that has 24 hour shuttle service and then taking a cab to UDM and then afterwards back to the airport again. I would be totally cool with sharing a cab!!

Hey MasterDental, I wouldn't feel too comfortable sharing a room with a guy...nothing personal though!! I'm thinking of booking at a Mariott hotel near DTW that has 24 hour shuttle service and then taking a cab to UDM and then afterwards back to the airport again. I would be totally cool with sharing a cab!!
Hey. That makes sense. I guess it's different with girls ;). I will let you know about the Cab. I'm interviewing at 10:30. Are you at that time , or at 8 am ?

Yep! 10:30 for me :) Not an early bird, hahahaha....

Anyone with an interview on Sept. 27 want to trade me? I am on Sept. 6 but with other interviews scheduled, would prefer to trade! PM for more info - thanks!

Yep! 10:30 for me :) Not an early bird, hahahaha....
It seems like you already have a plan with masterdental. Can you message me about your guys plan? Maybe we can share the cost the transportation. I just realized you are a girl, please ignore my message sharing a room then. May be I can share a room with masterdental.

It seems like you already have a plan with masterdental. Can you message me about your guys plan? Maybe we can share the cost the transportation. I just realized you are a girl, please ignore my message sharing a room then. May be I can share a room with masterdental.
Yes we can share a room. Now for the transportation , she is going to rent a car but she is not sure if she could pick up in the morning so worst case scenario I'll rent a car and we can both share the car

Scheduled for Sept. 6th at 8! Good luck everyone and hope to see some of you there :)

Scheduled for Sept. 6th at 8! Good luck everyone and hope to see some of you there :)
Any chance you're in need of accommodations? If not, where are ya staying - perhaps if close we can arrange to split a cab there?

Any chance you're in need of accommodations? If not, where are ya staying - perhaps if close we can arrange to split a cab there?
I was going to stay in a hotel but then my best friend offered me to stay at her house. Luckily her family just moved to dearborn and it's only 12 minutes from the dental school. I will be driving from home the night before so I am not sure if that helps you… sorry! :(

I was going to stay in a hotel but then my best friend offered me to stay at her house. Luckily her family just moved to dearborn and it's only 12 minutes from the dental school. I will be driving from home the night before so I am not sure if that helps you… sorry! :(

No worries! Just thought it never hurts to ask ;)
Good luck!

Hey guys! I mailed in my check and photograph August 22, 2014, and I haven't seen the withdrawal made from my checking account yet, I was just wondering what everyone's experience has been like. Good luck :)

Hey guys! I mailed in my check and photograph August 22, 2014, and I haven't seen the withdrawal made from my checking account yet, I was just wondering what everyone's experience has been like. Good luck :)
I sent them a money order. So I have no idea how long they take to withdraw money.

You know? It's funny because I noticed that UDM is probably one of the few that doesn't appear to have withdrawn my check yet but has given me an invite...now I'm wondering if it's a mistake.... T.T

You know? It's funny because I noticed that UDM is probably one of the few that doesn't appear to have withdrawn my check yet but has given me an invite...now I'm wondering if it's a mistake.... T.T
Don't worry... they don't care about check that much... There are many people who were wondering if their invite is a mistake but it was not...

Don't worry... they don't care about check that much... There are many people who were wondering if their invite is a mistake but it was not...

I hope you're right...it's my only one so far and it would totally kill me if they suddenly called/emailed and said, "oopsie daisy...wrong applicant!"

I hope you're right...it's my only one so far and it would totally kill me if they suddenly called/emailed and said, "oopsie daisy...wrong applicant!"
Ok don't worry they are not going to do that. They don't send invitation to just random person so chill out shin jjang;)

I got a call from UDM this morning, they were offering me a scholarship! I'm so excited for my interview tomorrow!!! :soexcited:

I got a call from UDM this morning, they were offering me a scholarship! I'm so excited for my interview tomorrow!!! :soexcited:
that's awesome! congrats! is it the hpsp scholarship?
and how did the interview go??

that's awesome! congrats! is it the hpsp scholarship?
and how did the interview go??

Thanks! No, it was some kind of Mexican/American scholarship.

The interview was amazing, it was two faculty shooting questions left and right. It was not relaxed, I guess it depends who your interviewers are. However, they were very impressed with my entire application and interview. They basically told me i'm accepted with all of their complements.

Interview on 9/27. Anyone know of a good hotel? Also, PM me if you want to meet up or something.

Hey guys, for those of you who had the interview on 9/6, how was your experience? Was the interview as laid back as others have claimed? Lastly, has anyone going on 9/27 gotten their interview packet?

Hey guys, for those of you who had the interview on 9/6, how was your experience? Was the interview as laid back as others have claimed? Lastly, has anyone going on 9/27 gotten their interview packet?
I did not receive any packet. Are they suppose to send one out?

I read in a thread from a previous year that they send out a packet, but I'm not sure. If someone who has interviewed can confirm, that would be great. Thanks in advance!