**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

doubt 200 off waitlist.
Not all 200 are planning on going to Wayne though some of them choose other schools so I see it might be possible

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed and got waitlisted... did you feel like your interview went well? I wonder how heavy they weigh the interview vs GPA and DAT.

For those who interviewed and got waitlisted... did you feel like your interview went well? I wonder how heavy they weigh the interview vs GPA and DAT.
I think at this point its ranked based on GPA and DAT scores rather than the interview having a huge impact on the decision/ranking

He goes to Wayne undergrad, so he's probably just used to typing that. I'm sure he meant Mercy
Lmfaooo yea I do go to Wayne that's funny I didn't even notice that thanks for clearing it up

Reactions: 1 user
give me an acceptance already UDM!!! ugh

Hi guys, any of you know if they are still reviewing applicants with academic update? My academic update was sent to all schools a month ago (I got all As in my new classes for the fall), and for now I didn't hear back from them with anything. I tried to call them couple of times, and it all directed me to the voice mail, and they didn't even call me back at all. Any of you guys know what they are really doing right now? Thanks in advance!

anyone who interview last week heard anything when 2nd round of acceptance is going to take? how many made deposit and how many waitlisters?

Reactions: 1 users
anyone who interview last week heard anything when 2nd round of acceptance is going to take? how many made deposit and how many waitlisters?

Around Feb 10

Members don't see this ad :)
Did he say how many spots opened up???

This is what Dr. Jeffers literally said to us ...

"The seats were full, we're interviewing for the alternate list. But, [he] has saved a few spots for those interviewing that day and for the group interviewing in Feb"

He wouldn't tell us how many exactly. I'm assuming after the 2nd round of calls it'll all depends if any of those who paid their deposits give up their seats.

This is what Dr. Jeffers literally said to us ...

"The seats were full, we're interviewing for the alternate list. But, [he] has saved a few spots for those interviewing that day and for the group interviewing in Feb"

He wouldn't tell us how many exactly. I'm assuming after the 2nd round of calls it'll all depends if any of those who paid their deposits give up their seats.

thats not fair for ppl who interviewed early and doesn't even make sense. how can they possibly save seat when ppl are interviewing for alternate list. if thats the case there is no point applying early. are those few spots saved for instate and canadians!???

thats not fair for ppl who interviewed early and doesn't even make sense. how can they possibly save seat when ppl are interviewing for alternate list. if thats the case there is no point applying early. are those few spots saved for instate and canadians!???

Yeah, I'm not sure either... But I'm guessing there's only limited seats saved for those who interviewed post dec. I don't know if they're for instate or for Canadians, but I do know that there were a lot of people with different backgrounds (ie: Canadians, instate, out of state) when I interviewed.

Yeah, I'm not sure either... But I'm guessing there's only limited seats saved for those who interviewed post dec. I don't know if they're for instate or for Canadians, but I do know that there were a lot of people with different backgrounds (ie: Canadians, instate, out of state) when I interviewed.
I don't think there is seats reserved for post december interviews, I think it's based on people that give up their seat. Then based on your ranking on the waitlist you will be called for any openings.

I don't think there is seats reserved for post december interviews, I think it's based on people that give up their seat. Then based on your ranking on the waitlist you will be called for any openings.

You're right. That's what I meant lol.

I remember him saying that he reserved some seats for post december interviews. Even at Nova, the second round of acceptance was only given to the post dec interviewers. However, he said that from previous trends, most people get off the waitlist/alternate lists

I remember him saying that he reserved some seats for post december interviews. Even at Nova, the second round of acceptance was only given to the post dec interviewers. However, he said that from previous trends, most people get off the waitlist/alternate lists
For nova or for udm in regards to previous trend?

Theres a video on youtube of Dr Jeffers on an admissions panel and he says that some of the best applicants are late applicants so he wouldn't say applying in Nov/Dec is a huge disadvantage at UDM. According to him, there are some extremely high quality applicants in Dec. So for UDM, applying early is not the biggest factor like other schools

So people on waitlist will not hear during febubary? whats the point of interviewing so many people if they are not going to like them. I agree with above post. I heard they favor instate and canadians. seems like unfair for oos people.

Theres a video on youtube of Dr Jeffers on an admissions panel and he says that some of the best applicants are late applicants so he wouldn't say applying in Nov/Dec is a huge disadvantage at UDM. According to him, there are some extremely high quality applicants in Dec. So for UDM, applying early is not the biggest factor like other schools

Everyone needs to relax. They will accept anyone they feel is a good fit for their school

So curious how many people are on the waitlist..

Anyone call lately? Anxious about movement this month.. blahhh.

300- 400 is not realistic number for the wait list id say about 200 people

Are they still inviting people for interview now? Or they are done?

Pretty sure there's one coming up this weekend.
Ah, maybe still some hope. I haven't heard back from them at all since academic update, got As in all fall courses, hopefully can help impress them to have an interview.

What did you guys feel was the most difficult question to answer at your interview? There's no SDN page for this school as far as I can tell

I heard that they will let us know at the end of this month

Had an interview this Saturday...they told us that they are meeting Wednesday night and we'll probably hear back at the end of February at the earliest! Fingers crossed for us all!

Had an interview this Saturday...they told us that they are meeting Wednesday night and we'll probably hear back at the end of February at the earliest! Fingers crossed for us all!
how many ppl were there including morning and afternoon session?

how many ppl were there including morning and afternoon session?
I don't know if there was an afternoon session. I don't think there was because a lot of the faculty left after the morning interviews. But I would say there was like 40 people there for the morning interviews.

I don't know if there was an afternoon session. I don't think there was because a lot of the faculty left after the morning interviews. But I would say there was like 40 people there for the morning interviews.

Well that sucks