**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Got a call back and scheduled for nov 14 :(

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, did you guys who left a voice mail on Sat receive a call back from UDM? Should I just call them? or wait until they contact me?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite! Submitted my application late June, took my DAT late July. Got invited via email on sept 5th and now I have to call and make an appointment. I'm an OOS applicant from California.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all, did you guys who left a voice mail on Sat receive a call back from UDM? Should I just call them? or wait until they contact me?
You should wait, they're calling back in the order they received the voicemails.

For those of you who got a call back, did you all receive confirmation email?

Got the Nov 14th 8 am too ! Im not a morning person ! :scared::scared: I called right after i got the invite and still managed to miss the date I wanted :bang:

Just got a call from UDM again.. they asked if I'd like to move my interview to the 8th of October o_O I agreed.

Last edited:
Just got a conformation call from Carol at UDM. Told me I got an appointment on Oct 24th, 10:00 am. Hopefully I'll see some of you there!
I am also on the 24th! But mine is at 8am. Good luck to you!

I am also on the 24th! But mine is at 8am. Good luck to you!
Read my above post! I'm a bit confused as to why they did that but I'll take an earlier interview any day. Good luck to you!:highfive:

Got the Nov 14th 8 am too ! Im not a morning person ! :scared::scared: I called right after i got the invite and still managed to miss the date I wanted :bang:
I am also for Nov-14, 8 am

Members don't see this ad :)
The phone number that I gave them was not working for some reasons... But I was finally able to contact them and scheduled for Nov 14th 8am..! Not the date that I wanted.. but it's okay : ))

Where did you guys book your air fare at? Flying from New Mexico and i'm almost fainted after checking the prices @.@

Just got a conformation e-mail.

Carol is going through all her voicemails and will be sending out the emails soon

Hey guys! I just had a question regarding the interview day! On the interview invitation email, it said the interview will take approximately 5 hours. I am about to book my flight ticket, so want to check if it really take 5 hours to go through everything. Is there a tour and stuff included in this time? Please let me know if you know what interview day is like at UDM!

Hey guys! I just had a question regarding the interview day! On the interview invitation email, it said the interview will take approximately 5 hours. I am about to book my flight ticket, so want to check if it really take 5 hours to go through everything. Is there a tour and stuff included in this time? Please let me know if you know what interview day is like at UDM!
Mine says expect to be here around 2 hours.

Just got the call and ended up scheduling in November

Just got the confirmation email.

And I'll see you there!! 10am?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She actually called and told me that the original dates from the e-mail were not available. I called kind of late, I didn't even get the notification on my phone of the e-mail on Saturday, so I called yesterday. She said all the Mondays/Fridays in October were taken, so I picked a week in November where I could go on Friday. Luckily it was later than 10AM :)

When I was called for the reschedule, Bethsave asked if I've been there before. I told her yes, and she proceeded to ask if I needed a tour. I told her I didn't need a tour, but after the phone call I began to think of how it may have been better for a tour- it would help me feel less tense and more comfortable for the upcoming interview. Nonetheless, Im still excited for the interview!

My confirmation e-mail says 2 hours.

Last edited:
mine says 5 hours too ! and I have my finals that week for my winter quarter ! :hurting:

What hotels r u guys booking? Any hotel on the walking distance from school?

I think she told me 5 hours because I am from Canada and do not know anything about the campus (also first time applying)! My email said expect to be there for introduction, meeting with dental students, Q&A session, tour, personal interview, etc...

I think she told me 5 hours because I am from Canada and do not know anything about the campus (also first time applying)! My email said expect to be there for introduction, meeting with dental students, Q&A session, tour, personal interview, etc...
I was also told 5 hours. I'm from Michigan and I've already toured UDM Dental School before. I don't mind having another tour though!

I didn't receive the confirmation e-mail about my interview after the phone call. Did everyone else get one?

I got an interview invite too! Called them as soon as I got the email so I could get the earlier Oct. 24 date. I guess they are super overbooked and the Oct. 24 date filled up fast. But because I called multiple times and left several messages (annoying, I know) they were able to bump me up to the Oct. 8 interview date.

Nervous and excited for my first (and hopefully not last) interview!

Did anyone mail a check for their supplemental fee? I mailed it well before my app was mailed out since it was stated online what the next steps were and based on their website which said it had to be $75 US funds before receiving their mail stating it should be money order or a certified check and never heard back from them. I also believe the check was deposited. I emailed them and got no response.

Did anyone mail a check for their supplemental fee? I mailed it well before my app was mailed out since it was stated online what the next steps were and based on their website which said it had to be $75 US funds before receiving their mail stating it should be money order or a certified check and never heard back from them. I also believe the check was deposited. I emailed them and got no response.
I also mailed a check and saw that it was deposited, but I didn't receive any email confirmation that they received the fee before being invited to interview. I hope this helps!

yeah I also emailed them last week to confirm if they received my money order and photo which I sent 2 months back but still no response :eyebrow:

The reason the check takes so long to get processed is because it gets sent to multiple departments before actually getting cashed out. So, if you guys don't receive an e-mail specifically telling you they're missing something then they most likely have your stuff!

anyone from morning session want to share cab after school directly? My flight is 3:45. Please PM me or reply here

Did anyone receive an e-mail signifying what you're missing and whether or not your application is complete or not?

Good luck to you all and to those hoping to get an interview at UDM. I just cancelled mine so that should open up a new slot for someone!

Did anyone receive an e-mail signifying what you're missing and whether or not your application is complete or not?
My portal still says that my application is waiting additional information. I know I have sent everything and that has been my status since 8.20. The email that I received from them at that time stated "the office will contact you via email if you are missing any required documents. Please refrain from calling or emailing at this time to inquire about documents received." Do you think it is okay to contact them now to inquire about my payment and photo?

My portal still says that my application is waiting additional information. I know I have sent everything and that has been my status since 8.20. The email that I received from them at that time stated "the office will contact you via email if you are missing any required documents. Please refrain from calling or emailing at this time to inquire about documents received." Do you think it is okay to contact them now to inquire about my payment and photo?

Please try.... I emailed twice and heard nothing....I like how schools tell you "app complete"

Guys please suggest me which hotels are you booking?

Thanks for replying. How far is that from school?

it's the closest of all the hotels listed in the email, a mile away (3 minute car ride, 20 minute walk)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk