**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said that everyone will be getting the supplemental essay questions within the next week or so. Some people didn't get this in the email based on their interview dates, but everyone will have to do them eventually!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone that is interviewing on August 27th at 10am coming from the Ann Arbor area? If so, we could carpool!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone's AADSAS portal say "received/waiting additional information" under UDM dental school? I just called them a few days ago and they said they had received my supplemental information so I am not sure what it could be. Is anyone in a similar situation/should I not worry?

but your name is buckeye4lyfe? thoroughly confused :thinking:

I go to Ohio state but I'm driving to my cousins place who's in med school in Ann Arbor. I'm staying with him Friday night and driving down Saturday morning to Detroit haha

She said that everyone will be getting the supplemental essay questions within the next week or so. Some people didn't get this in the email based on their interview dates, but everyone will have to do them eventually!

I think this is something new. No one I knew had to do any essays last year. Def their new way to further narrow the field.

Is anyone that is interviewing on August 27th at 10am coming from the Ann Arbor area? If so, we could carpool!

Mine's at 8 AM on the same day. Would you or anyone who's interviewing on 27th August be interested in sharing a hotel and uber ride?

I just emailed her to schedule my interview at 8am on Sep 10. Anyone wants to share an AirBnb room with me for that day?

@Saokhan84: If I interview at 8, you think if I'll have enough time to catch my flight at 2:20? I think I will make it as long as I am done by 12.

Mine's at 8 AM on the same day. Would you or anyone who's interviewing on 27th August be interested in sharing a hotel and uber ride?

I'm staying at my cousins place in Ann Arbor and just driving down Saturday morning. It's only 30 minutes. Sorry

Those who got an interview please share your stats

Has anyone got the supplemental essay questions that come once you get an interview? I have yet to get them

Members don't see this ad :)
So there is a supplemental? I got an invite today and there was no mention of it in the email!

So there is a supplemental? I got an invite today and there was no mention of it in the email!

My email didn't mention it either, but several people had emails that did so we called and she said that everyone will get the supplemental essay questions once you get an interview invite. So yes. We're all waiting.

My email didn't mention it either, but several people had emails that did so we called and she said that everyone will get the supplemental essay questions once you get an interview invite. So yes. We're all waiting.

Thank you. :)

I just emailed her to schedule my interview at 8am on Sep 10. Anyone wants to share an AirBnb room with me for that day?

@Saokhan84: If I interview at 8, you think if I'll have enough time to catch my flight at 2:20? I think I will make it as long as I am done by 12.
I got an invite today as well and I'll be there on the morning of September 10th at 8 am as well unless I'm called off the wait list. Can't make it to the 27th August interview.
Last year we got done at 1pm so I can't guarantee you'll be done by noon. They say in the instructions to save 6 hrs for the whole process. But you might be able to make it if you check in ahead of time and have no bag to check in. No guarantees though.

I got an invite today as well and I'll be there on the morning of September 10th at 8 am as well unless I'm called off the wait list. Can't make it to the 27th August interview.
Last year we got done at 1pm so I can't guarantee you'll be done by noon. They say in the instructions to save 6 hrs for the whole process. But you might be able to make it if you check in ahead of time and have no bag to check in. No guarantees though.
Thanks for your information! If you're a female, are you interested in sharing an AirBnb room?

I will be driving over from Ann Arbor for the September 10th 10am interview. Let me know if you potentially want to carpool!

what is the interview vs. acceptance rate like? does anyone know?

what is the interview vs. acceptance rate like? does anyone know?

I found a fact sheet on google for the 2014 class that showed 1700 applicants applied, 600 interviewed for 144 spots...not sure how accurate this is, but if it is then acceptance rate around 25%.

ImageUploadedBySDN1469625640.898955.jpg

This is from ADEA handbook. Sorry it got cutoff, but columns go:

In State
Out of State
International

I found a fact sheet on google for the 2014 class that showed 1700 applicants applied, 600 interviewed for 144 spots...not sure how accurate this is, but if it is then acceptance rate around 25%.

That's terrifying

Damn. I'm a Canadian student coming from Toronto for either Aug or Sept interview (haven't confirmed yet). The stats don't look AS promising as I hoped. It seems like for international, although NR in how many invites they gave, looking at the relative proportion of IS and OS applied vs. interviewed .. it seems like there is a 1/4 chance. HAHA...awesome...

Damn. I'm a Canadian student coming from Toronto for either Aug or Sept interview (haven't confirmed yet). The stats don't look AS promising as I hoped. It seems like for international, although NR in how many invites they gave, looking at the relative proportion of IS and OS applied vs. interviewed .. it seems like there is a 1/4 chance. HAHA...awesome...

Haha ya, Canadian here as well. Looks like it's about 25% chance across the board...yikes.

Just have to be positive. Getting an interview is still a big step! And we have received invites fairly early. Hopefully that helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Just have to be positive. Getting an interview is still a big step! And we have received invites fairly early. Hopefully that helps!

does the relative interview invite and time make a difference since all acceptances are sent out in December?

does the relative interview invite and time make a difference since all acceptances are sent out in December?

No idea, I imagine it might give a slight edge since you get your name in before another person, but probably not significant. And driving! Living pretty close to the boarder currently. You??

No idea, I imagine it might give a slight edge since you get your name in before another person, but probably not significant. And driving! Living pretty close to the boarder currently. You??

Not too sure yet!

@hodge14: Come on, if you look at the ADEA guide you'll see that there are even more Canadians enrolled in 2014 than out-of-state US applicants (33 vs 32 lol). And 7 spots for other international, non-Canadian folks like me. IMO, you Canadians have a fair chance at UDM. We have a pretty crappy chance, but it's still a chance and I'll take it :D

Also, even though there are 144 seats, I am willing to bet that they admit anywhere between 200-280 people since many, many accepted folks will end up not choosing UDM. Realistically, I think we have a 33-45% chance of being admitted once we make it to the interview round. In short, be positive if you get an interview! :)

Reactions: 4 users
@hodge14: Come on, if you look at the ADEA guide you'll see that there are even more Canadians enrolled in 2014 than out-of-state US applicants (33 vs 32 lol). And 7 spots for other international, non-Canadian folks like me. IMO, you Canadians have a fair chance at UDM. We have a pretty crappy chance, but it's still a chance and I'll take it :D

Also, even though there are 144 seats, I am willing to bet that they admit anywhere between 200-280 people since many, many accepted folks will end up not choosing UDM. Realistically, I think we have a 33-45% chance of being admitted once we make it to the interview round. In short, be positive if you get an interview! :)
Where are you from if I may ask?

I received the confirmation email but still no qualtrics email

Confirmed for the 27th of August at 8AM! Only a month away :soexcited:

How long did it take to get the questions after receiving the II?

I just got them today and I got the interview invite July 15th. Don't rush it! The essays suck. Once you get them, you have 3 days to do them.

I got my supplemental "survey" questions today! Interview August 27th and will definitely be ubering from some hotel. Hopefully there are enough to go around at 7:30am on a saturday!! :)

If not, they listed like 5 cabs in the confirmation email!

Status
Not open for further replies.