**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what the format of the individual interview for UDM is?
I believe it's one on one

Members don't see this ad.

How long did it take to receive a confirmation for the date of your interview?!

Members don't see this ad :)
When will the supplemental questions come. I got invited to interview last Monday and I still haven't gotten anything

August 27th, 10am.

I got the supplement 2 days after the interwiew email. They sent it on a Tuesday morning and it was due Friday at 7am! 4 essay questions

I wrote to Carol about it being 3 weeks almost and I hadn't gotten the questions and they just sent me the questions in a pdf file to answer in a day and a half. She said they are having problems with Qualtrics.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who is interviewing on September 17th received the email with the supplemental yet?

Has anyone who is interviewing on September 17th received the email with the supplemental yet?
I haven't received the supplemental yet :( I received the interview invite August 8th. I hope we get it this week!!

got an interview with 15RC, so dont loose hope guys.
about the essay questions, what type of questions are they asking? difficult/easy to answer?
Thanks guys

Reactions: 1 users
How long does it take to receive the supplemental questions?? I got my confirmation email a week ago and still haven't heard from them.

How long does it take to receive the supplemental questions?? I got my confirmation email a week ago and still haven't heard from them.
I e-mailed them to ask the same question and I'm scheduled to interview on Oct. 8th and they said they have not sent out these questions for Oct. 8th interviewees yet

Reactions: 1 user

I received the questions yesterday, and my interview is on September 17th.

how many questions are there? and is it lengthy?
There are 4 questions, and they said 1-2 paragraphs per question. I'm assuming they are expecting probably somewhere between 6-8 sentences per paragraph. Anyone who has already completed this, roughly how long were your responses?

scheduled my interview on 10/15 at 10 am. anyone flying in the day before want to share hotel room and uber to the school? lmk

Anyone else have their interview tomorrow morning at 8?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Anyone who has already had their interview here, can you give any feedback? How was it? Was it stressful? Did they ask hard questions etc

The interview was great. By far the lowest stress most relaxing interview I've done. Very basic questions and a couple ethical questions.

Reactions: 2 users
The interview was great. By far the lowest stress most relaxing interview I've done. Very basic questions and a couple ethical questions.

would you mind telling us what ethical questions they asked?

I think it was pretty straight forward. I think its normal for people to be curious and ask what to expect, especially if this is your first /real/ interview. Personally, I think asking specific questions from candidates won't really help you since it all depends on your interviewers. What they ask, how the conversation flows, etc etc. However, at the end of the day, ethical questions are ethical questions. If you know your basic principles and review them it should be fine. I think there is more harm, imo, if you are told specific questions because then you are not open to researching different possibilities of questions pertaining to ethics. And similar to shadowfax15, it can be looked as unfair for people who haven't had the same advantage of talking to this cycle's candidates.

I think it was pretty straight forward. I think its normal for people to be curious and ask what to expect, especially if this is your first /real/ interview. Personally, I think asking specific questions from candidates won't really help you since it all depends on your interviewers. What they ask, how the conversation flows, etc etc. However, at the end of the day, ethical questions are ethical questions. If you know your basic principles and review them it should be fine. I think there is more harm, imo, if you are told specific questions because then you are not open to researching different possibilities of questions pertaining to ethics. And similar to shadowfax15, it can be looked as unfair for people who haven't had the same advantage of talking to this cycle's candidates.

To be clear, I 100% agree with you. I see nothing wrong with asking questions about the interview style, what to expect day of, etc. I myself looked at SDN's resources for school specific interviews which have a wealth of information including questions posed in previous years. But to ask for specific questions from candidates who just interviewed seems to be on a different level...

Regardless, good luck to all who have upcoming interviews! I found the day informative and the interview relaxed. Nothing to stress about, they didn't try to trip you up at all. I also was very pleasantly surprised by the school. The facilities are great, the clinical experience bar none, the faculty engaging and funny, and the students well-adjusted. I'm excited to see how it stacks up against my other schools because it definitely it an excellent option!!

Sure. You've prepared really hard for your interview. You've done mock interviews and have spent hours researching what types of questions to expect. After your interview, (which, by the way, you aced), another candidate pesters you for exactly what questions you were asked by your interviewer. What do you do?

Please insert a major eye roll at the end of this response. I assume you didn't get this far by taking shortcuts. This isn't the first time I've seen someone ask for additional information that we don't all have the privilege of having. Put in the work, prepare well, and kick ass at the interview because of your own merit. You'll do fine.

Lol I agree with this, but in a more polite manner. At least we all know who will be the gunner of that entering class...planning to do ortho, girl?

The entire intention of sdn is to help others in this process. If you don't have something productive to say, your emotional venting is just rubbish.

Last edited:
would you mind telling us what ethical questions they asked?
Out of respect for the dental school I'm not going into detail, but I will say this: the ethical questions were not absurd and when they asked me the questions I knew exactly how I wanted to answer them. They will not throw you off guard. The staff at the dental school do not play any of those "ignore you on purpose" games and they don't try to trick you with questions. They seem like they truly care and treat the applicants extremely well. It was by far my favorite experience, even better than my state school.

Reactions: 3 users
Feeling good after yesterday!!! Really hope to go here, absolutely loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nope. They don't send one. They will let you know if they haven't got them though because then you can't interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.