**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely depends on who you get. My interview at UDM was the best most laid back interview I've ever had.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
Yea I know. I went to Nova after hearing that it is the easiest and most laid back interview, but it really wasn't for me. I hope I get more conversational interviewer for Detroit.

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious if anyone could share their interview experience with me. Gonna be there next month. Also, would anyone possibly know the % of OOS pre-December interviewees they accept December 1st? I read it was around 58% from a post but wanted to know if that's about right.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious if anyone could share their interview experience with me. Gonna be there next month. Also, would anyone possibly know the % of OOS pre-December interviewees they accept December 1st? I read it was around 58% from a post but wanted to know if that's about right.

Thanks!
wow 58% sounds too good to be true! love it

I'm so confused... the ADEA Official Guide says that they interviewed 91 IS and 58 OOS applicants last year... But, people are saying that there were nearly 50 people at their interviews?!
:O what is going on

I'm so confused... the ADEA Official Guide says that they interviewed 91 IS and 58 OOS applicants last year... But, people are saying that there were nearly 50 people at their interviews?!
What year was the guide?

wow 58% sounds too good to be true! love it

Haha I read it on the 2015-2016 guide but someone posted it on SDN. So I was just confirming if I actually did read that correctly. Yikes... I thought 58% was kind of okay loll

That's probably the "enrolled" column.

There's a lot of seat turnover at Detroit Mercy because it's a private school ($$$), and it's Canada-friendly (Canada sends out acceptances after American schools do, causing many students to drop their acceptance to UDM).

Thats gotta be a misprint or something - it does say class of 2006 though so maybe their admissions policy was different in 2002. This is a screenshot from this years ADEA Guide to Dental Schools for UDM:

bb9M9SY.png

Reactions: 1 user
Thats gotta be a misprint or something - it does say class of 2006 though so maybe their admissions policy was different in 2002. This is a screenshot from this years ADEA Guide to Dental Schools for UDM:

bb9M9SY.png
Lololol my bad. It was the first thing that came up with the 2015 Google search! My bad >.<

Members don't see this ad :)
Lololol my bad. It was the first thing that came up with the 2015 Google search! My bad >.<
Loll don't feel bad.. This was the first one I saw and freaked out until I saw 05-06 and I'm like why is this even existent at this point:shifty: ahah

Loll don't feel bad.. This was the first one I saw and freaked out until I saw 05-06 and I'm like why is this even existent at this point:shifty: ahah

Hahaha right? Giving me false hope :arghh:
Lol it was just too good to be true. I wish I had been born a decade earlier... That acceptance rate would have been so great

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind accept people on dec 1st as opposed to telling you two weeks after you interviewed

Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind accept people on dec 1st as opposed to telling you two weeks after you interviewed
Its usually been customary for schools to let students know on December 1st or for at least my state school. But I guess its to give people more of a chance to get in and for people to be looked at more equally. If people at an earlier interview we already accepted, people at a later interview would be 'fighting' for less and less seats available and even more for later interviews. But thats just my reasoning on why they do it.

I forget who sets it, but I believe it's followed because it's an ADA guideline or something like that, most of them are required to wait until December 1 to accept.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is anyone aware if UDM has filled up interviews through November for all the pre-December interviews?

Thanks!

according to adea guidebook, they interviewed 437 oos, and there only 32 enrolled. so 58% is probably inaccurate.

according to adea guidebook, they interviewed 437 oos, and there only 32 enrolled. so 58% is probably inaccurate.
That doesn't mean the other oos applicants weren't accepted. Most people oos who get accepted to UDM don't take the acceptance for several reasons, one being the price and another being that they may have been accepted to their in-state (preferred) dental school!

That doesn't mean the other oos applicants weren't accepted. Most people oos who get accepted to UDM don't take the acceptance for several reasons, one being the price and another being that they may have been accepted to their in-state (preferred) dental school!
took the words right out of my mouth. Each cycle has a different circumstance ... And especially cause Canadian schools give acceptances after Americans so a lot of people drop their seats at the end too.

Yea that could be true but i think it just unlikely that they accept over 250 oos students and only 32 actually enrolled. What if out of the 250 oos students that was offer a seat, and 100 enrolled. they do kick out the international students to make room for the oos?

They interviewed 437 oos applicants, 163 in state applicants, and NR international applicants. Statistically speaking, they would have to had accepted more oos students than anyone else.
Yea that could be true but i think it just unlikely that they accept over 250 oos students and only 32 actually enrolled. What if out of the 250 oos students that was offer a seat, and 100 enrolled. they do kick out the international students to make room for the oos?

They interviewed 437 oos applicants, 163 in state applicants, and NR international applicants. Statistically speaking, they would have to had accepted more oos students than anyone else.
i take your words for it, better chance for me as an oos then.

Hello,
for those of you who already had your interviews-
The email emphasized that it will require 6 hours of activities that day- did you guys all end around 4 pm?
Thanks in advance.

I have my interview on the 8th of Oct. This week. But why does it seem like everyone who is interviewing starts at around 10am? According to my confirmation email it says mine starts at 8am

I have my interview on the 8th of Oct. This week. But why does it seem like everyone who is interviewing starts at around 10am? According to my confirmation email it says mine starts at 8am
Usually during weekend interviews they have two times; 8:00 am and 10:45.

Yea when I was offered, they told me 8am was full so I had the option between 10am on the 8th or 8am/10am on the 15th. A lot of the 8am ppl might just must not be commenting in here.

I am at 8am as well!

Thanks!
2015/2016 ADEA Guide shows 138 of 238 OOS applicants were accepted after they interviewed for the class entering fall 2014. 58% looks accurate to me. Numbers change as the years go by and schools become more competitive though.

Attachments

• 2016-10-06.png
    2016-10-06.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 72
2015/2016 ADEA Guide shows 138 of 238 OOS applicants were accepted after they interviewed for the class entering fall 2014. 58% looks accurate to me. Numbers change as the years go by and schools become more competitive though.
Hey! That's the one I saw. This is why I was saying 58%. We'll it's still an encouraging number. Haha! Thanks for confirming :)

who will be interviewing on saturday at 8am? is this interview going to be 1 on 1 or like 2 on 1? open/closed file?

I will be there as well! How are you guys preparing for the interview, just mock interviews/practicing questions?

For those of you who drove to the appointment. Is there a specific place where you have to park your car?

For those of you who drove to the appointment. Is there a specific place where you have to park your car?
The school is literally surrounded by a parking lot lol! They said to enter at the patient entrance though (so maybe look for signs). it's a Saturday too so there should be a lot of parking spaces.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

I heard all interviews for oct 15 changed from 10 am to 10:45 am, can someone confirm this?

Ill be there at 8am :D:D:D:D, on the 8th

for tomorrow's interview, we gather up at 2700 Martin Luther Jr. Blvd right? In the e-mail it doesn't give us where

Status
Not open for further replies.