**The Official University of Iowa Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Can you guys tell me the order of events that take place during the interview day (i.e., tour, lunch, interview,)? Also did you guys suit up the whole day?

They split you up into groups for yours and interviews. For me, it was greeting, curriculum overview, tour, interview, lunch, research overview, and then financial aid overview.

Based on your last name is when you'll tour and interview. Some people interviewed before they toured.

As far as dress, I stayed in my suit the whole time.

Members don't see this ad.

They split you up into groups for yours and interviews. For me, it was greeting, curriculum overview, tour, interview, lunch, research overview, and then financial aid overview.

Based on your last name is when you'll tour and interview. Some people interviewed before they toured.

As far as dress, I stayed in my suit the whole time.

Thank you very much for the information.

My interview is next Wednesday and I'm super nervous!

Thank you very much for the information.

My interview is next Wednesday and I'm super nervous!

No problem! If you have any questions feel free to PM me. I also did a overview of the Iowa interview on my blog (see signature ) if you want to read up on it.

Everyone there was so nice, so don't fret!

Members don't see this ad :)
Some out of state students get a tuition assistance scholarship for $7500 a semester. Not a bad deal.

One of my friends/classmates got an interview invitation for November 11th yesterday.

So it seems they are still offering pre December interviews

If someone is already admitted into the Deferred Admit Program at Iowa, is there any way they would not be accepted?

If someone is already admitted into the Deferred Admit Program at Iowa, is there any way they would not be accepted?

I think if you get below a 3.6 or lower than a 17 in any section of the DAT

I think if you get below a 3.6 or lower than a 17 in any section of the DAT

Yep that's true. I've also been told that it's pending you don't bomb you're interview, but it's unheard of a deferred not getting accepted for that reason. Basically, don't tell them you'd rather be an MD

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site, i'm OOS and would really like to go this school! Could anyone provide some insight into the interview itself? I haven't heard back from them about an interview yet but I'm really interested.
I'd really appreciate it!!

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site, i'm OOS and would really like to go this school! Could anyone provide some insight into the interview itself? I haven't heard back from them about an interview yet but I'm really interested.
I'd really appreciate it!!

Scroll up a bit, I had posted some information about my experience at the University of Iowa on September 19th. I actually go to this school and have lived in Iowa City for several years, so if you have questions about the city feel free to message me if you have any questions about the locale.

I apologize for spamming the thread but there was something else I wanted to mention about this school. I adore love the University of Iowa, and the dental school tour & interview left an extremely positive expression on me. One thing that truly stands out to me is their simulation clinic which was an open-floor, high-windowed room of mannequins and dental equipment. Not to sounds pathetic, but I was tuning out my tour guide and imagining what it would be like to practice procedures in an environment like that - it was that fantastic to behold. As a school, you can't go wrong with Iowa and I wish everyone the best of luck in your applications here.

Reactions: 1 user
I am just wondering if all in-state get interview becuase when i had a interview there were only 7 instate.
I don't think so. One of my classmates applied and got the deferral email

Members don't see this ad :)
Status change this morning! It's crazy stressful to think they have made a decision, but we have to wait 6 days to see it.

Status change this morning! It's crazy stressful to think they have made a decision, but we have to wait 6 days to see it.

If you don't mind me asking, what does the status say? My AADSAS still says "invited for interview" for Iowa. I interviewed back in October. OOS.

If you don't mind me asking, what does the status say? My AADSAS still says "invited for interview" for Iowa. I interviewed back in October. OOS.
It says "Please check back on December 2 for more information regarding your decision status with this school" it changed from "invited to interview" this morning

Reactions: 1 users
It says "Please check back on December 2 for more information regarding your decision status with this school" it changed from "invited to interview" this morning

Thanks and good luck!

Oh and you should check your ISIS to see if there's been any movement there. I remember them saying that that would be the best place to check for status updates.

I believe I interviewed the same day as you. I'm instate and my status is still "invited for interviewed."

I believe I interviewed the same day as you. I'm instate and my status is still "invited for interviewed."

Good luck!

Don't know if anyone is still awake but I tried logging into my ISIS portal and the admissions page isn't loading. Maybe their system is updating all the acceptances/waitlists/rejections for tomorrow night?

I also get a red bar when I try to log into ISIS (OOS).

I received the "Please check back on December 2 for more information regarding your decision status with this school" message on the AADSAS portal. Does anyone know what this means? Does everyone get this message, or only applicants who will definitely find out on Dec 2? I don't want to get my hopes up that I will find out tomorrow and then be let down!

I received the "Please check back on December 2 for more information regarding your decision status with this school" message on the AADSAS portal. Does anyone know what this means? Does everyone get this message, or only applicants who will definitely find out on Dec 2? I don't want to get my hopes up that I will find out tomorrow and then be let down!
When it says to check back on December 2nd that means you will be getting news from Iowa, however we don't know what news that is. They could be telling you you're accepted, rejected, or wait listed. The only for sure is that come tomorrow, you will know something.

So really dumb... I don't think I ever got an ISIS password. I know theres the page where we scheduled the interview and it gives you your HawkID. Did you guys get a password after that to log onto ISIS?

Have any Iowa residents received the "check back Dec. 2" status update?

Okay, thanks. So from your interpretation "Invited for interview" means that I probably won't be hearing anything tomorrow?
If I were to make a guess - I would say it means they haven't made a decision on you yet. Kind of a "no news is good news" situation. But I must reiterate, this is all subject to speculation. Not only is this my first cycle, so I've got virtually no knowledge on the process, but only the admissions staff really knows what this all means.

Easier said than done, but try and take a deep breath and not worry about it. Soon enough we will know what all of this meant.

Best of luck to you!

Does anyone know when the results are out?

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted!!! Just got the email! In stater. Now just hoping that ISIS will update ASAP so that I can accept it!

Did you all have the status update stating "check back Dec. 2nd" before being accepted?

Did anyone who apply just not get an update? Mine reads "Invited for Interview" still, no word. I invited in September

Glad I got other acceptances. Kindof surprised Iowa didn't email me since I thought I had a good interview and I am in state. Weird. Congrats everyone!

Last edited:
Did anyone who apply just not get an update? Mine reads "Invited for Interview" still, no word. I invited in September

Same here. I interviewed in October. I been checking my ISIS, email, and portal constantly.

Glad I got other acceptances. Kindof surprised Iowa didn't email me since I thought I had a good interview and I am in state. Weird. Congrats everyone!

Don't give up yet! What does your portal status say?

Don't give up yet! What does your portal status say?[/quote]
The AADSAS portal says "invited for interview" and I don't know my ISIS password lol

Don't give up yet! What does your portal status say?
The AADSAS portal says "invited for interview" and I don't know my ISIS password lol[/quote]
I would really like to know where to find out what your ISIS password is! It told me to log in, but I don't ever recall setting a password. Any idea if it's something preset or generic? (your AADSAS ID? Last name? etc?)

The AADSAS portal says "invited for interview" and I don't know my ISIS password lol
I would really like to know where to find out what your ISIS password is! It told me to log in, but I don't ever recall setting a password. Any idea if it's something preset or generic? (your AADSAS ID? Last name? etc?)[/quote]

I go to school here so I had my ISIS login when I was a freshman. You should ask Elaine.

Ah you just call the ITS office. It was actually really easy. Still no update for me though.

Ah you just call the ITS office. It was actually really easy. Still no update for me though.
Do I need any information on hand before making the phone call to them? I'm at school right now and don't have all my numbers and login info on me.

Keep your head up! I'm sure you will see an acceptance soon!

Do I need any information on hand before making the phone call to them? I'm at school right now and don't have all my numbers and login info on me.

Keep your head up! I'm sure you will see an acceptance soon!
All you need is the last four of your social, your birth date, and where you were born if I recall correctly.

Thanks!

I looked through the Iowa 2017 interview/acceptance thread and it looked like some people who interviewed pre-dec found out a few weeks later.

I am really hoping for this acceptance because this was my only interview.