*** The Official University of Kentucky Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thre

Hev0406

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured I would get this one rolling! Where are my UK peeps at? :) best of luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Fingers Crossed! So far everything is in and just waiting for new DAT scores to update. GOOD LUCK to all applying here!

My app is submitted but I'm not taking the DAT for a couple more weeks. Hope that still puts me in a decent batch!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email saying hold for comparison. Is that bad I take it :/

I got the same email. I'm just glad it's not a rejection letter.

Did you guys get this email after or before paying the supp. fee? I'm wondering cause today I got an email requesting that I pay, but I submitted 7/18 so kinda late to the game

Did you guys get this email after or before paying the supp. fee? I'm wondering cause today I got an email requesting that I pay, but I submitted 7/18 so kinda late to the game

I got the on hold email after paying the supp fee about 4 weeks ago.

Does anyone know much about this school? Or been offered interview?

Last edited:
I got an email this morning saying "Interest has been expressed in your application by the Admissions Committee, but they would like to get more information before proceeding further. The following links will take you to our Online Supplemental Application and Course Pre-requisite form..."

Got the e-mail today!

"Dear ChickenAlfredo,

Congratulations, you have been selected as an interview candidate for the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry 2014 admission cycle!"

First interview notification for this cycle! Good luck, everyone!

I just got an invite today and was wondering whens the earliest interview date? Also, how are you guys writing the supplemental essays like a paragraph for each box? Just wondering haha thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an invite today and was wondering whens the earliest interview date? Also, how are you guys writing the supplemental essays like a paragraph for each box? Just wondering haha thanks

Not sure but I've been doing a paragraph for each question but a few of the questions have multiple parts so those were longer.

Do you guys know much about this school? The caliber or perks or someway this school differentiates itself from others?

Has anyone here already scheduled their interviews yet? I'm curious what are the interview dates. lol

Did they only offer interviews for out of state students ?

Nope. I'm a resident re-applicant and graduated from UK this past May.

Chicken alfredo how did you like the school environment? I wonder what kind of people fit in. I have never been to the south

Do any of you know any good airplane mileage program where you fly a couple of times and your next potential flight could be free? I just looked at airplane tickets from Aug-Sept. It ranges from 530-600. I'm like wowwwww that sucks. haha

Is anyone interviewing on the 27th? Anyone want to split cab/hotel to split the cost :cool:? Message me up if your interested, guys only thanks!

Hey my hopeful future classmates! I am happy that UK doesn't seem to over interview, they sent out those invites and that's it! It's been quite. Mine is sept 20th! I hope I see some of you guys there. I have heard great things

Interviewing on September 24th! Hope everyone else's interviews go well and look forward to meeting a few of you all that day

I received the email asking me to complete the supplemental application. There were problems with the submission and I eventually had to email a word document to Missy.
How long after you submitted your supplemental application were you invited for an interview?

endgyamf---i had the same problem, i actually mailed my responses in because i could not figure the problem out

i heard about a week later, maybe a little longer

endgyamf---i had the same problem, i actually mailed my responses in because i could not figure the problem out

Okay great! I was getting nervous. When is your interview date?

How did you find out if your submission had an error? I got that email on July 23rd and filled it out the same day but haven't heard anything back from them yet? I just called and left a message so I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

After you submit your supplemental application through the UK portal, it asks you to email their correspondent Missy. I emailed her to advised her that I had submitted my materials and she told me that it didn't go through. I tried several times and finally I emailed her the word document. So I would try to get in contact with her for an update!
Good luck to all of you!!!

After you submit your supplemental application through the UK portal, it asks you to email their correspondent Missy. I emailed her to advised her that I had submitted my materials and she told me that it didn't go through. I tried several times and finally I emailed her the word document. So I would try to get in contact with her for an update!

Turns out this is exactly what happened to me. I'm so mad :mad: , I submitted my application on July 23rd but I never got the screen that said to email Missy Lockard. I resubmitted it today so hopefully I'm not out of contention for an interview.

Last edited:
Congrats to those getting interviews!

Quick question: Does a supplemental application get sent to you when you are invited to an interview? I sent in the supp fee a while back but haven't heard of anything much since. I'm OOS.

Congrats to those getting interviews!

Quick question: Does a supplemental application get sent to you when you are invited to an interview? I sent in the supp fee a while back but haven't heard of anything much since. I'm OOS.

There is a supp fee that is for everyone and then those selected for an interview get a different essay type supplement. Hope that helps

Thanks so much for posting that endgyamf!

I also got my supplemental on July 23rd and submitted it same day. I emailed Missy today she had gotten my supplemental, but not my additional class info. I resubmitted today.
I really hope that didn't screw my chances at an interview. But here's hoping!

Anyone have any idea what the probably of an OOS applicant getting accepted with a pre-dec interview?

Hey everyone,
I'm a 1st year OOS at UK. We just started classes a couple weeks ago. I was just looking on the forum and remembering the stress of applying. I was in the same boat as you all last year. Let me know if you have any questions. UK is great by the way! The faculty from the top down are awesome and so nice. The other day the Dean was on the elevator and she kindly gave us directions to where we needed to go. You could tell she was genuinely nice and cares about the students. That's how all of the faculty are here. Good luck applying everyone! Hope I can help some.

Hey everyone,
I'm a 1st year OOS at UK. We just started classes a couple weeks ago. I was just looking on the forum and remembering the stress of applying. I was in the same boat as you all last year. Let me know if you have any questions. UK is great by the way! The faculty from the top down are awesome and so nice. The other day the Dean was on the elevator and she kindly gave us directions to where we needed to go. You could tell she was genuinely nice and cares about the students. That's how all of the faculty are here. Good luck applying everyone! Hope I can help some.
Hi, thank you so much for taking time to answer questions. I'm OOS too.
I have a few questions: How is the area around the school and the campus-life like? And how is the interview set-up? Does your class have a relatively large number of OOS students or mostly in-state? Thanks in advance!!

Has anyone else got a "held for consideration" e-mail or had any experience with that? if so, is it bad or good news?

Hi, thank you so much for taking time to answer questions. I'm OOS too.
I have a few questions: How is the area around the school and the campus-life like? And how is the interview set-up? Does your class have a relatively large number of OOS students or mostly in-state? Thanks in advance!!

The class is about half in state and half out of state I think. The campus is awesome and has a lot of resources. I went to a smaller under grad so this is a big change for me. Basketball is obviously HUGE here. I'm more of a SEC football fan but I'm excited to try and get some tickets to go to a basketball game. I got season football tickets for like 35 bucks lol. As far as the dental atmosphere, it is Amazing! You can't turn your head and find someone who is not helpful. The classmates and upperclassmen have been awesome! It feels like one huge fraternity in the sense that everybody is here to get through this and help each other out. I can honestly say I wasn't expecting to love the atmosphere so much. At the interview you will see this first hand.

The class is about half in state and half out of state I think. The campus is awesome and has a lot of resources. I went to a smaller under grad so this is a big change for me. Basketball is obviously HUGE here. I'm more of a SEC football fan but I'm excited to try and get some tickets to go to a basketball game. I got season football tickets for like 35 bucks lol. As far as the dental atmosphere, it is Amazing! You can't turn your head and find someone who is not helpful. The classmates and upperclassmen have been awesome! It feels like one huge fraternity in the sense that everybody is here to get through this and help each other out. I can honestly say I wasn't expecting to love the atmosphere so much. At the interview you will see this first hand.
This is really exciting to hear! Thank you so much jrtayl6120 and best of luck in your first year at UK :)