****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyWeather2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
--------------------
Congrats!! :welcome:
Class of 2021 FB group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/290820997980934/
--------------------

Who out there is applying to the University of Michigan School of Dentistry Class of 2021?! Go Blue!!:biglove:

[Entering Class Profile]
http://www.dent.umich.edu/admissions/dds/dds-entering-class-student-profile

class of 2020.png

:eek: UMich Official Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Umichdent

:cool: UMich Dental Students Blog
https://wolverinebytes.org

----------------------------------------------------
UMICH CLASS OF 2016 THREAD:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...higan-class-of-2016-acceptance-thread.871272/

UMICH CLASS OF 2017 THREAD:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...s-of-2017-interview-acceptance-thread.944051/

UMICH CLASS OF 2018 THREAD:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-of-2018-interview-acceptance-thread.1017878/

UMICH CLASS OF 2019 THREAD:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...try-interview-acceptance-thread-2019.1080481/

UMICH CLASS OF 2020 THREAD:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-of-2020-interview-acceptance-thread.1139917/

qs rank.png

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am! I got an email June 13th that everything is ready for the AdCom, so we shall see.

Mine was completed past tuesday after I made application fee. Good luck y'all!

delete

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Totally just realized the pre-req's they have for psychology and sociology... Are they pretty strict on this?

Totally just realized the pre-req's they have for psychology and sociology... Are they pretty strict on this?
Haha..I got so lucky with this. For some reason, back in 09 as a freshman I decided to take sociology. And last semester I decided to take psych for an easy A!

Haha..I got so lucky with this. For some reason, back in 09 as a freshman I decided to take sociology. And last semester I decided to take psych for an easy A!
Lucky... I did some digging and read that they still send out invites to people without psych/soc as long as they take it before they matriculate. Michigan was kind of a last minute addition so I didn't pay close attention to the course requirements, assuming they were mostly like other schools.

Quick question: I submitted my AADSAS a few days ago, do I pay the $75 processing fee now or after the university contacts me? My application hasn't been mailed yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
To all of you who will hopefully be getting interviews...

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7325317

I highly recommend staying with Jay at this AirBnB. It is more affordable than a hotel room, and you get your own private bedroom and bathroom to shower right before the interview. It is within moderate walking distance from the dental school, so if there's no precipitation you're totally okay to walk, and if not I'm sure the Uber fare wouldn't be too expensive.

I absolutely loved the school and if I were in-state I would've gone in a heartbeat. It and Pitt were just about tied for my second favorite school. Can't say enough about my time there!

Reactions: 2 users
I spoke to a D4 Umich student today and she told me that Umich has a required minimum score of 19 on all sections of the DAT. Has anyone else heard this?

I spoke to a D4 Umich student today and she told me that Umich has a required minimum score of 19 on all sections of the DAT. Has anyone else heard this?
If you look at the ADEA guide to D Schools, that statement is FALSE.

The 2014 entering class had a AA range of 17-26.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

If you look at the ADEA guide to D Schools, that statement is FALSE.

The 2014 entering class had a AA range of 17-26.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile
That's what I thought. I was just worried because it came from a Umich student so I thought she was pretty credible.

have you contacted them or let them know you are going to take socio ?
No. If you don't fulfill some pre-reqs at a school they will still interview or contact you before inviting you. I know Maryland does that. I'm sure letting them know wouldn't hurt, but I didn't put it in my planned coursework.

As long as you're not missing a major pre-req, like Organic or Inorganic, then I think the above applies.

Just noticed on AADSAS School Decisions:

06/17/2016
Received/Application Complete

Only 4 days until August :eek:

I applied to 6 schools, all of which are mid-August or later invite dates :bang:. So I've also been excited for July to be over!
All eleven of my schools are too. Except Case... :blackeye:

All eleven of my schools are too. Except Case... :blackeye:

And case gave me the non-interview letter which was annoying.

Those dates are pretty off for this cycle given that Buffalo for example started giving out invites mid-July.

There are some that are wayyyy off, but I'm pretty sure the mid-August ones will end up being accurate.

Has anyone's status switched from Received/Application Complete to Received/Under Review yet?

Has anyone's status switched from Received/Application Complete to Received/Under Review yet?

Not yet. From what I've heard on here, some schools don't really update the AADSAS Portal much and we may even hear back by email before they'd update that.

I applied to UM 3 years ago and I was not invited for interview. I love Michigan DDS PHD and am applying again this year.

My stats in 2013
U.S News top 50 school
Full Tuition Scholarship for 4 years
GPA: 3.73
DAT: 24TS 23AA, Lowest Section: 20 RC
Working at NIH for 1 year: 1 poster, 1 publication
Shadowing Hours: 150
Application Complete: 8/13/13

My stats in 2016
U.S News top 50 school
DAT: 24TS 23AA, Lowest Section: 20 RC
Working at NIH for 4 years: 4 posters, 3 publications
More shadowing hours
Application Complete: 7/19/16

Last edited:
I applied to UM 3 years ago and I was not invited for interview. I love Michigan DDS PHD and am applying again this year.

My stats in 2013
U.S News top 50 state school
DAT: 24TS 23AA
Working at NIH for 1 year: 1 poster, 1 publication
Shadowing Hours: 150
Application Complete: 8/13/13

My stats in 2016
U.S News top 50 state school
DAT: 24TS 23AA
Working at NIH for 4 years: 4 posters, 3 publications
More shadowing hours
Application Complete: 7/19/16

I'm literally shocked you didn't get an invite. Your stats are excellent. The only minor is that you could have had more shadowing hours. Did you apply very late? And if you don't mind me asking, why a 3 year gap? I only ask because Michigan is my #1 and I'm having a mini heart attack over here. o.o

Best of luck for the DDS PHD program!!

I'm literally shocked you didn't get an invite. Your stats are excellent. The only minor is that you could have had more shadowing hours. Did you apply very late? And if you don't mind me asking, why a 3 year gap? I only ask because Michigan is my #1 and I'm having a mini heart attack over here. o.o

Best of luck for the DDS PHD program!!

My last letter was sent on august 31st.. And i did get into several schools including penn, pitt and maryland but i did not want to start school early and none had DDS PHD. My life in dc has been just too much fun! But now its time to go back to school. :'(

Last edited:
Not to hijack the thread, but where at?

I apologize. But I would like to keep it secret at least until everything is finalized this year. It's because answering that question may actually negatively affect my chances if admission committee members see it. And some of them are avid sdn users based on my past experiences. It would be very easy for them to identify me because there aren't many DDS PHD applicants and my case is quite rare.

I apologize. But I would like to keep it secret at least until everything is finalized this year. It's because answering that question may actually negatively affect my chances if admission committee members see it. And some of them are avid sdn users based on my past experiences. It would be very easy for them to identify me because there aren't many DDS PHD applicants and my case is quite rare.
Keeping secrets from ADCOMS tends to negatively affect chances as well...

Keeping secrets from ADCOMS tends to negatively affect chances as well...
As long as the "secrets" are revealed in the application process to the appropriate channels, there is no reason to reveal anything on SDN, no matter how many Adcoms patrol these forums.

As long as the "secrets" are revealed in the application process to the appropriate channels, there is no reason to reveal anything on SDN, no matter how many Adcoms patrol these forums.
Certainly, it is a forum and one can post whatever s/he wants, but I can guarantee that during the course of interviews on the PhD side of things the question will come up about where else one is applying. Additionally, it is expected that both DDS and DDS/PhD students apply to multiple programs.

First interview!!!

Oos
Submitted everything day 1 or as early as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
2nd Interview!!

Notification date: 8/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.81 oGPA:3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): AA 23 TS 22 PAT 20 RC 24

Interview!! (2nd) - Canada.

edit: scheduled on 16th, Sept.

Stats: 3.58 oGPA, 3.55 sGPA, 21AA/22TS. Completed date 13th of June, mail out date 24th of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.