****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
They take so much more in account than just your numbers. People aren't stats. Keep waiting though because your stats happen to be great!

I have a 24 on the DAT, a 3.8 and completed 7/15 still have zero interviews.

I'm actually convinced that one of my recommenders wrote that I was a terrible person or something. I don't know why they would, but I am the only person I know (in real life not on SDN) with zero interviews. I suck guys, ahahha.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

I'm actually convinced that one of my recommenders wrote that I was a terrible person or something. I don't know why they would, but I am the only person I know (in real life not on SDN) with zero interviews. I suck guys, ahahha.

Keep your head up! There's so much time left in the cycle.

Don't worry, it looks like the early July crew Just got their interviews. Those of us in the mid-July range should hear something in a couple weeks. I've gone to 3 interviews so far and have yet to hear from Mich and a few others, so I'm convinced I'm a relatively strong applicant.

Also, how many schools/ what kind of schools did you apply to? A lot of schools have only recently started invites and many go in order of application recieved. Also, According to many posters past, sometimes "backup" schools don't go for people with really superior stats right away because they kind of know they're your backup. So don't get hard feelings if that happens.

You can always confront your LOR writers, but most people Just say they aren't comfortable writing a letter if they really don't like you, not sabotage you. That would be an awful thing to do.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A letter writer won't sabotage you, but if it's extremely generic then they might as well be.

Reactions: 1 users

How many schools did you apply? That might be a factor.

I work at a rotation site for D4 UMICH students . Two of my letters of recommendation are UMICH faculty. One writer being the director of the clinic and AEGD residency site specifically wrote in my LOR that I work with and speak to UMICH D4 students daily.

So far I have 5 interviews. No response from Michigan which is my in state.

I applied to 6 schools (Harvard, Penn, Michigan, Connecticut, Colorado, OSU). People told me to apply to more, but I thought very long and hard about these individual schools. I don't want to apply to more because I literally would not want to attend any other schools. OSU hasn't given out interviews for in-staters so I'm not panicking just quite yet...

I'm with ya, also 24 AA with ~3.7 gpa and zero interviews. I'm also starting to question one of my evaluators haha

I applied to 6 schools (Harvard, Penn, Michigan, Connecticut, Colorado, OSU). People told me to apply to more, but I thought very long and hard about these individual schools. I don't want to apply to more because I literally would not want to attend any other schools. OSU hasn't given out interviews for in-staters so I'm not panicking just quite yet...
Are you from Connecticut?

Nope, I'm actually convinced dentistry was the wrong path for me judging by the similar situation I'm finding myself in with every single school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, I'm actually convinced dentistry was the wrong path for me judging by the similar situation I'm finding myself in with every single school.
I would add some more schools now only because your short list of schools has 2 ivy leagues and multiple non-OOS friendly schools. That's the main reason you don't have any interviews not because you've been sabotaged. You have great stats but there are people with better and you never know what any of these schools is looking for and if you fit that profile or not. Better safe than sorry.

With ya there. Mailed out 7/8.

So I called UMich for those of us who are waiting. She told me that although they review and invite based on when you submitted it also depends on who you are assigned to. Apparently admissions officers all have different timelines. So basically there is still hope for us! :happy:

Reactions: 6 users
So I called UMich for those of us who are waiting. She told me that although they review and invite based on when you submitted it also depends on who you are assigned to. Apparently admissions officers all have different timelines. So basically there is still hope for us! :happy:

This is both annoying and amazing news!!! Thanks for the update, you rock!

You actually just made my day. Just breathed a sigh of relief for the first time in weeks.

LVKE, thanks soooooo much :)

You actually just made my day. Just breathed a sigh of relief for the first time in weeks.

LVKE, thanks soooooo much :)

Your resume is just infinitely better than mine, and I've heard from 3 schools. Now, you also applied to like 5-6 tough, tough schools, I applied to places closest to home. That's the difference. And I've still not heard from Michigan either, hopefully they're right and the invites could come whenever.

received interview invite yesterday (9/7)

Reactions: 3 users
So who's going out for the interview on Friday! Super excited.

So who's going out for the interview on Friday! Super excited.

I am!! Getting way too excited. 3 exams before Friday though so we'll see how this goes.

Any locals or Michigan peeps have any suggestions on the best way to spend a weekend in Ann Arbor??

Any locals or Michigan peeps have any suggestions on the best way to spend a weekend in Ann Arbor??

I recently graduated from there, and I miss the campus and people so much! Go to the Nichols Arboretum to walk along the river and frisbee/lay in the field, eat good food on Main Street (Fritas, Eat, and Madras Masala are my favorite), people watch or read on the Diag at night, explore Kerrytown and campus. It is a home game on Saturday! If you cant get tickets for the game, go to a bar on South U to watch!!

Also Jolly Pumpkin, Afternoon Delight, Ashley's, MASH, Bills Beer Garden are great places too..

I recently graduated from there, and I miss the campus and people so much! Go to the Nichols Arboretum to walk along the river and frisbee/lay in the field, eat good food on Main Street (Fritas, Eat, and Madras Masala are my favorite), people watch or read on the Diag at night, explore Kerrytown and campus. It is a home game on Saturday! If you cant get tickets for the game, go to a bar on South U to watch!!

Wow you're great. I really appreciate the suggestions!!

If I'm a competitive OOS applicant but didn't indicate that I was planning on taking psychology/sociology, can I still expect an interview soon or probably not?

If I'm a competitive OOS applicant but didn't indicate that I was planning on taking psychology/sociology, can I still expect an interview soon or probably not?

I can't confirm this, but I presume that if your only remaining prerequisites are six hours of 100-level humanities, then they would most certainly still invite you.

For what it's worth, I'm a competitive OOS applicant as well with an "Application Complete" status on 07/27 and have still not heard anything from them.

I can't confirm this, but I presume that if your only remaining prerequisites are six hours of 100-level humanities, then they would most certainly still invite you.

For what it's worth, I'm a competitive OOS applicant as well with an "Application Complete" status on 07/27 and have still not heard anything from them.
Thanks. Sounds like we've just gotta play the waiting game. Best of luck to you!

Lol I'm not holding my breath for michigan anymore, I was complete 6/17 and haven't heard a peep. I figured my research would help too since they're big on research

I haven't heard much either.

:watching:

I'm sitting on a bed in a tiny hotel room in Ann Arbor! It's almost time, omgosh

so who else is interviewing tomorrow ?

Good luck everybody!

Was a fun interview! Mmi went well, staff seems nice!

Those of you who interviewed could you share what you did to prepare for the interview? What you found was successful and what wasn't from your prep?

Do they sort of guide you with a set list of questions based on the scenario or is it just an opportunity for the interviewee to talk the entire 8 minutes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! Did they mention how many interview dates they've already filled?

Nope. It's based on when you submitted, so rolling admissions. She did mention that the next couple interview dates were filled though. Not sure if this helps. Also there was IS and OOS at my interview and at each interview.

Nope. It's based on when you submitted, so rolling admissions. She did mention that the next couple interview dates were filled though. Not sure if this helps. Also there was IS and OOS at my interview and at each interview.

This still helps, thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.