****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my application complete email on July 1st, which the same day my application complete status is listed on the adea aadsas school decisions section. Does this mean it's likely I will not be hearing back if it's rolling admissions, since they've already selected people who were complete at that time?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted my app for this school about 5 days ago and got the under review email today. Fingers crossed *i wanna go here so bad*

I received my application complete email on July 1st, which the same day my application complete status is listed on the adea aadsas school decisions section. Does this mean it's likely I will not be hearing back if it's rolling admissions, since they've already selected people who were complete at that time?
Same here but 7/11.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys get the under review email?
The last email I have from them, on 7/11, said "The Admissions Team has finished processing your DDS application! Your application is complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee. We appreciate your patience as the process of reviewing applications takes time, but know that you will be contacted by email when a decision has been made regarding your application." I'm guessing that means no then? :(

The last email I have from them, on 7/11, said "The Admissions Team has finished processing your DDS application! Your application is complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee. We appreciate your patience as the process of reviewing applications takes time, but know that you will be contacted by email when a decision has been made regarding your application." I'm guessing that means no then? :(
I also only got that email. I tried contacting them for updates but they said they don't update applicants on the status of their applications

Same app complete date for me, also. Mich is ripping my heart out, man. Like an above poster said, different committee members have different time lines, but I've grown doubtful that they are this far off from one another.

Reactions: 1 users
Salty with Michigan too, man. @Meeza

Reactions: 5 users
How was the interview day here?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The interview day was super laid back. The day started with introductions and an overview of the program. Lots of breaks and snacks. Then after lunch you go straight into the MMI. The MMI was very low stress but tiring so make sure you take the water they give you. The interviewers were a mix of faculty/staff/students so be prepared for a lot of dynamic personalities. Other than that, you can't really prepare for MMI so just smile and be confident in your answers. Also U of M is amazing so just cherish the opportunity to be surrounded by such brilliant People.

Members don't see this ad :)
The interview day was super laid back. The day started with introductions and an overview of the program. Lots of breaks and snacks. Then after lunch you go straight into the MMI. The MMI was very low stress but tiring so make sure you take the water they give you. The interviewers were a mix of faculty/staff/students so be prepared for a lot of dynamic personalities. Other than that, you can't really prepare for MMI so just smile and be confident in your answers. Also U of M is amazing so just cherish the opportunity to be surrounded by such brilliant People.

Thank you!!!

My interview is this week! Does anyone know the best way to get from DTW to Ann Arbor? I'm thinking about renting a car, but I know that the bus is a popular option

My interview is this week! Does anyone know the best way to get from DTW to Ann Arbor? I'm thinking about renting a car, but I know that the bus is a popular option
If you're 25 I would just rent a car, it's pretty easy to get to the rental place!

Interview invite!
24 AA, 3.6 GPA
1st batch mail out
App complete status: 6/13

Reactions: 3 users
Interview invite!
24 AA, 3.6 GPA
1st batch mail out

Yeahhhhhhhh. I REALLY need to stay patient with my app complete status as 9/20 hahaha. Jesus this is gonna be a longggggg road.

Interview invite!
24 AA, 3.6 GPA
1st batch mail out

Oh man, this gave me so much hope! CONGRATS!

As for an update,
I emailed the school to question that if the committee has reviewed our application and chosen not to interview us, would we receive notification of the rejection at that time or at the end of the cycle when all invites have been extended.

The gentleman responded that it's on a rolling basis and there is no guarantee as to when applicants will be notified of any changes of their application status. That the review process is ongoing and interview invitations will continue to be sent out through fall.

I'm not sure that this answered my question, but I'm assuming it means we probably won't be notified of rejection until the end and should just be patient. I'm now regretting sending the email, but I genuinely was curious if they will inform us if we aren't selected to interview. :/

Oh man, this gave me so much hope! CONGRATS!

As for an update,
I emailed the school to question that if the committee has reviewed our application and chosen not to interview us, would we receive notification of the rejection at that time or at the end of the cycle when all invites have been extended.

The gentleman responded that it's on a rolling basis and there is no guarantee as to when applicants will be notified of any changes of their application status. That the review process is ongoing and interview invitations will continue to be sent out through fall.

I'm not sure that this answered my question, but I'm assuming it means we probably won't be notified of rejection until the end and should just be patient. I'm now regretting sending the email, but I genuinely was curious if they will inform us if we aren't selected to interview. :/
I really don't think you did anything wrong by calling. I mean, there is no set date to hear from any of these schools so we should at least be able to get an update, time to time. Sadly, I think the answer he gave you is the generic answer they give literally everyone. BUT, from what i've seen.. the interview invites are ridiculous. In the sense that, you can get them in a day, a month, or several months later. There's like no telling.. I know it sounds cliche but I guess no news is still hopeful because they can send an invite all the way into a quarter of next year. Sigh.. lets all do the miserable process of waiting, together.

Interview on 10/14!

cGPA: 3.66 sGPA: 3.59
DAT: 21 AA, 22 TS
Completed 6/17

Reactions: 2 users
Got the invite on 9/26 and I'm interviewing on 10/14. IL resident.

Interview on 10/14!

cGPA: 3.66 sGPA: 3.59
DAT: 21 AA, 22 TS
Completed 6/17
giving me hope as a first-batcher :nod: did your status on aadsas change to under review?

giving me hope as a first-batcher :nod: did your status on aadsas change to under review?

Nope, it went from Received/Application Complete to invited after I got their email!

Hey, I got an interview here for 10/21 but am hosting a show for the club I am president for on this day. Is this a valid excuse to push my interview back? Also, will UoM let me push this date back?

W
Hey, I got an interview here for 10/21 but am hosting a show for the club I am president for on this day. Is this a valid excuse to push my interview back? Also, will UoM let me push this date back?
When was your app complete at U of M??

For those of you who got interviews, who had little to no research experience?

I don't have any publications or anything crazy like that. I just researched for credit in spring 2016, and worked as a researcher over the summer, still doing it from time to time right now but I've been pretty busy traveling and focusing on interviews.

I don't have any publications or anything crazy like that. I just researched for credit in spring 2016, and worked as a researcher over the summer, still doing it from time to time right now but I've been pretty busy traveling and focusing on interviews.

Okay, thanks! I'm worried that I shot myself in the foot by not doing any research. I only have 30 hours of assisting a grad student with assay research.

0 research here. Literally nothing in that section of the application.

Okay, thanks! I'm worried that I shot myself in the foot by not doing any research. I only have 30 hours of assisting a grad student with assay research.

Zero research, just lab volunteering. Had an interview.

so Michigan DDS program prefer people without research? They have one of the Nation's best DDS PHD programs... but to get into DDS PHD, one needs to get into DDS first...
My numbers are higher than Michigan average by several points and I have multiple publications and letters written by big guys at NIH... These gave me interview invitations from harvard, columbia, and penn.. unfortunately, ivy league programs do not have dds phd programs. Therefore, michigan offer better opportunities to combine clinical and investigative skills.

Is my research experience actually lowering my chance at michigan?

Last edited:
so Michigan DDS program prefer people without research? They have one of the Nation's best DDS PHD programs... but to get into DDS PHD, one needs to get into DDS first...
My numbers are higher than Michigan average by several points and I have multiple publications and letters written by big guys at NIH... These gave me interview invitations from harvard, columbia, and penn.. unfortunately, ivy league programs do not have dds phd programs. Therefore, michigan offer better opportunities to combine clinical and investigative skills.

Is my research experience actually lowering my chance at michigan?

Absolutely not.

Just because people w/o research received interviews doesn't mean they prefer them..... One of the main things I've heard about Mich. is that they love research experience.

Absolutely not.

Just because people w/o research received interviews doesn't mean they prefer them..... One of the main things I've heard about Mich. is that they love research experience.

Plus, you've only seen like 3-4 people comment that they had no research experience. That's not everyone they've interviewed. I'm sure they have a mix of people. Secondly, they only accept like 2-3 max for the DDS/PhD program.

Hi guys, on my ADEA portal:
University of Michigan School of Dentistry (MICH) MI 07/01/2016 Received/Application Complete

Anyone have the same thing?

Hi guys, on my ADEA portal:
University of Michigan School of Dentistry (MICH) MI 07/01/2016 Received/Application Complete

Anyone have the same thing?
Yup. Mines has been that since 9/19

Has anyone gotten an invite yet with an AADSAS mail-out of 07/29 or later? Kind of getting anxious over here... 3.95 22AA, leadership, ECs, research.. still hoping to hear from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.