****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
They definitely accept more than 100 since their classes are bigger than 100. 180 seems like it would be a pretty spot on number.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They increased it? Thank the lord, gives us a little bit more hope.

She was giving us rough numbers as an estimate when people asked, but yes, there's hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
How can they accept 180, if the class size in UofM is only about 100-105 students? I think it's 1/3.
If you look on the ADEA guide there's a chart that says number interviewed, number accepted, and number enrolled. A school accepts, say, 200 and only 100 agree to go. So they are two different numbers. However there are some schools that have number accepted and number enrolled as the same, and I think they just didn't report both so the guidebook put them as the same.

How can they accept 180, if the class size in UofM is only about 100-105 students? I think it's 1/3.

Because a lot of people will decline the offer for another school with cheaper tuition, or among other reasons. For example, she said that from these 180 acceptances, 70-80% of their class will be filled. Hence why they hold 2 more interview days in January.

Reactions: 1 users
Because a lot of people will decline the offer for another school with cheaper tuition, or among other reasons. For example, she said that from these 180 acceptances, 70-80% of their class will be filled. Hence why they hold 2 more interview days in January.

What would theoretically happen if everyone invited accepts? Lol

What would theoretically happen if everyone invited accepts? Lol

I've wondered that lol. It might be kinda awkward if they have to rescind some offers. But they've been doing this for years, there are probably very reliable trends in what people do.

If you look on the ADEA guide there's a chart that says number interviewed, number accepted, and number enrolled. A school accepts, say, 200 and only 100 agree to go. So they are two different numbers. However there are some schools that have number accepted and number enrolled as the same, and I think they just didn't report both so the guidebook put them as the same.
That's great then! It gives me hope lol

Just got an invite! Does anyone know how many they usually interview?

Congrats! I remember reading somewhere that it's about 30 people per interview date. Do you mind sharing your app complete date and stats?

Members don't see this ad :)

They interview 30 per day. I think they invite around 300 people. It boils down to 180 acceptances to fill about 100 seats.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if the sociology requirement can be fulfilled by taking ANY soc class or does it have to be intro to soc?

Does anyone know if the sociology requirement can be fulfilled by taking ANY soc class or does it have to be intro to soc?

You have to confirm with them (email admissions).

Congrats! I remember reading somewhere that it's about 30 people per interview date. Do you mind sharing your app complete date and stats?
Sure!

~3.95 GPA/sGPA (No-name private university in the middle of nowhere-town)
22AA/21TS/19GC/29OC/23RC/21QR/23PAT
~100 shadowing, no dental work exp
~1000 volunteer hours. (Most from climbing club, environmental group, and student government)
1 semester research in conjunction with cell and molecular biology class

Complete date was July 10th I believe. I don't recall exactly.

I hope that's helpful for you!

Sure!

~3.95 GPA/sGPA (No-name private university in the middle of nowhere-town)
22AA/21TS/19GC/29OC/23RC/21QR/23PAT
~100 shadowing, no dental work exp
~1000 volunteer hours. (Most from climbing club, environmental group, and student government)
1 semester research in conjunction with cell and molecular biology class

Complete date was July 10th I believe. I don't recall exactly.

I hope that's helpful for you!
OOS?

About to give up hope...had an interview at UDM back in September and it went well, but it's been my only one so far and I am SO frustrated.

App complete date: 7/22
cGPA, sGPA: 3.5, 3.25
DAT: 21AA, 21PAT 21BIO 20GC 20GC 20QR 23RC (all scores 20+)

Did my undergrad at Umich and worked as a dental assistant all through college..hundreds of shadowing and volunteer hours, chair on pre-dent board, 4 LORS, one from a dentist I worked for.

I feel like my GPA is my weakest point but I had a tough curriculum and I thought I was more competitive than this. Fml.

About to give up hope...had an interview at UDM back in September and it went well, but it's been my only one so far and I am SO frustrated.

App complete date: 7/22
cGPA, sGPA: 3.5, 3.25
DAT: 21AA, 21PAT 21BIO 20GC 20GC 20QR 23RC (all scores 20+)

Did my undergrad at Umich and worked as a dental assistant all through college..hundreds of shadowing and volunteer hours, chair on pre-dent board, 4 LORS, one from a dentist I worked for.

I feel like my GPA is my weakest point but I had a tough curriculum and I thought I was more competitive than this. Fml.

Don't give up hope. I'm instate and just got an interview today for November. There's still time and I think you're competitive!

Don't give up hope. I'm instate and just got an interview today for November. There's still time and I think you're competitive!

Would you happen to know how many dates they've got left for pre December

Reactions: 2 users
Would you happen to know how many dates they've got left for pre December

They only do it day by day, the next available one is 11/11. And I know in total they have 10 interview days + 2 extra post-Dec.

They only do it day by day, the next available one is 11/11. And I know in total they have 10 interview days + 2 extra post-Dec.
They have 10 more pre-dec interview dates left?

They have 10 more pre-dec interview dates left?
i dont think so. There are only ten in total pre-dec interview dates. Right now, I believe it left with one or two dates.

i dont think so. There are only ten in total pre-dec interview dates. Right now, I believe it left with one or two dates.

Then I guess it's safe to assume that you don't hear back pretty soon for the remaining pre-dec interview, you will most likely not get an interview at all based on the fact that only one or two interview dates are available post-dec

Dang. Nothing.

Interview invite for 11/4
23 AA, 3.96 GPA
App complete status: 8/01

Is anyone else OOS interviewing on 11/4?

Interview invite for 11/4
23 AA, 3.96 GPA
App complete status: 8/01

Is anyone else OOS interviewing on 11/4?
I hope to hear from them soon. My GPA isn't as high as yours but my app was complete around the same time. Congrats on the invite

any in-states who got a rejection?

I'm also wondering the same thing. There's been some mention of people receiving rejections and I wanna know if they will give out rejections or keep dragging us along until later

Reactions: 4 users
I hope to hear from them soon. My GPA isn't as high as yours but my app was complete around the same time. Congrats on the invite

Thanks!! I'm sure you'll get one soon. I almost gave up hope and was completely surprised! I think they're still filling up early November right now, so you'll be fine :)

Does anyone know if I'm able to bring a small carry-on to the interview? My hotel's check out time is at 11AM...

Anyone applied in September and heard anything back from this school yet?

Guys, I submitted June 24th and got an invite late August (2 months after) just for reference.

Anyone applied in September and heard anything back from this school yet?

Absolutely nothing. Pretty confident I'm not getting in anywhere this cycle, so I wish they'd just send me the denial so that I can move on with my life and start thinking about the next steps.

Absolutely nothing. Pretty confident I'm not getting in anywhere this cycle, so I wish they'd just send me the denial so that I can move on with my life and start thinking about the next steps.

let's all be positive!i guess they are still inviting

Last edited:
I just got an invite:soexcited:!!! This will be my 6th. Thank god :bow: ! I was in the middle of writing a long email to the admissions office about my application and was editing it on my phone when I saw "Gmail University of Michigan" in my notifications. I was so confused as to why my draft was in my inbox until my eyes glanced over the words invitation.

My application was completed 7/11 and I had almost given up on UMICH. This is the one I had been waiting for. Michigan is my DREAM school and I honestly can't believe this is real. I feel like I've just recieved a golden ticket. Don't lose hope guys, your invites may be on the way!:banana:

Reactions: 8 users
I just got an invite:soexcited:!!! This will be my 6th. Thank god :bow: ! I was in the middle of writing a long email to the admissions office about my application and was editing it on my phone when I saw "Gmail University of Michigan" in my notifications. I was so confused as to why my draft was in my inbox until my eyes glanced over the words invitation.

My application was completed 7/11 and I had almost given up on UMICH. This is the one I had been waiting for. Michigan is my DREAM school and I honestly can't believe this is real. I feel like I've just recieved a golden ticket. Don't lose hope guys, your invites may be on the way!:banana:

Congrats!! That's big time! This just gave me hope... completed 7/29 and have been discouraged until reading this!

When is your interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.