***The Official University of Michigan School of Dentistry Interview/Acceptance Thread 2019***

packerland

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who out there is applying to UMich?!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This guy right here!

Reactions: 1 user
I am!!!!
Go Blue!

Members don't see this ad :)
Michigan is FANTASTIC. The hardest decision of my life was turning them down. Good luck everyone!

Has anyone received an email or heard anything from Michigan?

Has anyone received an email or heard anything from Michigan?

I received an application incomplete e-mail last Friday, and after paying them I received an application complete e-mail on Monday. I am also very excited to be applying here! Go Blue!

Haven't heard anything yet regarding a supplemental or that my app was received.

Received an email today saying my app is complete and being reviewed... my patience is terrible

Got an email saying app has been received and to pay the supplemental

I got an email a few days ago that mine is being reviewed and interview letters will be emailed in August

Mine was sent out the 27th as well. Just shoot them an email.

Submitted on 6/28, still haven't heard anything

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck, everyone! Like Tommy Haverford said up there ^^, this school (and Ann Arbor in general) was amazing. If you get an interview, try not to stress about the MMI too much. We all signed a confidentiality agreement, so we can't share what the questions are about, but I will tell you that I prepped/worried way too much about the whole process. If you're comfortable talking with strangers about topics that of "off the cuff", you should have no problem. There's a guy on youtube (Kevin Ahern) who discusses how to approach an MMI question if you want a little intro to the format.

Reactions: 4 users
My application was mailed on the 7th, and got a confirmation email on the 17th, if that helps at all!

7/7 batch here and I got a 'status complete' email last Friday I believe.

Michigan just showed up on my portal last night- "Application Complete". I didn't think they participated in AADSAS portal? Oh well! Hope interviews go out soon!!!

Michigan just showed up on my portal last night- "Application Complete". I didn't think they participated in AADSAS portal? Oh well! Hope interviews go out soon!!!

Same! Fingers crossed

Just showed up as complete also. Michigan is such a great school, hope I get the chance to interview.

Mine appeared as well. Really hope I interview here. The oral surgeon I shadowed went here and has nothing but good things to say.

Mine was marked as waiting for more information. I immediately called and had them double check. Within 2 minutes they said everything was fine and I got an email saying my app is complete.

Has Michigan appeared on everyone's portal who applied? I got an application complete email, but they're still not on my portal...

Has Michigan appeared on everyone's portal who applied? I got an application complete email, but they're still not on my portal...
They are on the portal for me. Its been there for a week or so. Im 4th batch

They aren't on my portal. 2nd batch

Well I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into a rejection for me. Stats ain't so hot.

I'm not on the portal yet either, also 2nd batch.

I'm 3rd batch. Received my "application forwarded to admissions committee" on July 18 and portal was updated on August 5.

2nd batch, on the portal, app complete

Anyone have their status to "under review"?

According to the 2013-2014 interview thread the first invites appeared on 9/3.
Really? For some reason, I thought they came last week for the previous cycle. Thanks for letting me know :)

Anybody know how strict they are on the 100 hour minimum shadowing hours. I have like 95 total.

Hopefully, we hear something from Michigan this week. This waiting game is unbearable...

Reactions: 2 users
Got an invite today! I am so excited - this is one of my top choices!

Knowing I'll be asked, here's my info...
AADSAS 3rd batch
Application reception confirmed 07/17
oGPA 3.49
sGPA 3.57
Interview date: Sept. 26

May the odds ever be in your favor! ;)

Reactions: 2 users
I just received an interview invite as well!:love:. I haven't scheduled it yet, anyone interested in sharing a hotel? And maybe coordinating flights to share cabs and what not :)?

Did any instate applicants get an interview today?

Sept. 26th! AHhhhOooo!! Also instate

I just received an interview invite as well!:love:. I haven't scheduled it yet, anyone interested in sharing a hotel? And maybe coordinating flights to share cabs and what not :)?
I'd be interested! When I confirmed my interview, I automatically got an email stating my interview date was Sept. 26 - no choice. Need to trade shifts at work first but then can start finalizing plans.

Mine was updated saying application complete on 8/05 too! I'm in state, anyone in state also been invited for an interview?

I'll be interviewing on October 10th! If you are interested in sharing a hotel, please let me know :)

Good Luck to everyone!!!!

okay michigan is one of my top choices, i still havent heard back yet, with my stats do you think ill for sure get an interview? Do they do weekend interviews at all??
GPA: overall: 4.0 Science: 3.96
DAT: AA: 20, TS: 19, Reading: 23 QR: 20