***The Official University of Michigan School of Dentistry Interview/Acceptance Thread 2019***

okay michigan is one of my top choices, i still havent heard back yet, with my stats do you think ill for sure get an interview? Do they do weekend interviews at all??
GPA: overall: 4.0 Science: 3.96
DAT: AA: 20, TS: 19, Reading: 23 QR: 20
They strictly only have friday interviews... Michigan sends out interviews as late as January, so no need to panic. And as I'm sure you are aware, there are no guaranteed interviews when it comes to dental schools, despite your strong numbers.

Members don't see this ad.

I mean...no one really knows for sure who will get an interview. Your stats are good (IN MY OPINION...I'd accept you). Just hang in there. The process is really long. :) I hope you hear from them sooner than later!
GOOD LUCK!

Sept. 26 interview, looking to split a hotel with someone. I've booked a room at The Kensington Courtyard - ~5min cab ride to the University per google maps. Halfsies = about $75. Looking for females only.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview at Michigan and I'm filling out this prerequisite work sheet and I don't know how I missed that microbiology is a requirement here. I've been out of school since December.

Do they usually give out interviews to people who have missing requirements? My university doesn't even offer microbio during the fall semester and its going to be a biatch trying to get into the class. Go elsewhere and do it maybe? Or should I call the admissions office and try to figure something out? Or mention this at my interview?

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview at Michigan and I'm filling out this prerequisite work sheet and I don't know how I missed that microbiology is a requirement here. I've been out of school since December.

Do they usually give out interviews to people who have missing requirements? My university doesn't even offer microbio during the fall semester and its going to be a biatch trying to get into the class. Go elsewhere and do it maybe? Or should I call the admissions office and try to figure something out? Or mention this at my interview?
Congratulations on your interview! They give out interviews and even conditional acceptances to students who do not have all pre reqs met. When you are filling out the sheet it says that all pre reqs need to be complete by May 1st, and to write when you plan on taking the ones your are missing. So as long as you take it in the fall or winter semester, you have nothing to worry about!

-

Last edited:
hope they send out some more interviews this next week! anxious/ waiting to hear, GO BLUE!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys!

For the prerequisite sheet, what are we suppose to put under credits?

OMG we just put our credit hours under there, and then semester or quarter in the second column... Right?

Excuse my confusion, I'm too excited to think ha :smack:
I think the semester/quarter is asking for the specific semester you enrolled in the course e.g. Fall 20xx or winter 20xx. And under credit, you put the amount of credit you received for it...

Just got an invite a couple minutes ago! I think this is THE week, good luck everyone!

Which hotels are interviewers staying at? I was considering the Clarion, anyone stay there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an invite a couple minutes ago! I think this is THE week, good luck everyone!
Congrats! Do you know if your aadsas portal status was complete or under review? Or did it change from complete, to under review, then back to complete?

Michigan interview! OOS!

Congrats! Do you know if your aadsas portal status was complete or under review? Or did it change from complete, to under review, then back to complete?
My portal status was marked "application complete" for some time and over the weekend it was changed to "under review".

When you all decide to book a hotel for interviews I have found if you call hotels you are looking at and ask for a student discount they will give you a discounted rate! Both hotels I have booked for 2 different interviews (including in Ann Arbor) have offered me a lower rate when I called and asked. Just a little tip since all these traveling expenses add up! Good Luck!

I think the semester/quarter is asking for the specific semester you enrolled in the course e.g. Fall 20xx or winter 20xx. And under credit, you put the amount of credit you received for it...
Thank you :)

if my AADSAS was sent 8/1 and scores cleared AADSAS on 9/8. When should I expect to hear a decision? Like Decemberish?

Interviewed here yesterday (loved it). Director of admissions told us they do not aim to fill their class by Dec. 1, 2 dates for interviews in January are still vying for open seats. An fyi I thought all may like to know!

Reactions: 3 users
Which hotels are interviewers staying at? I was considering the Clarion, anyone stay there?
I stayed at the Clarion - highly recommend it. Super cheap for pretty good quality. I paid $80/night and it felt more like a $120-130/night hotel. Getting to the U on the bus is super easy/cheap as well. ($1.50).
Wait for the #9 across from the hotel, near Great Lakes coffee. you can't miss it because Route 9 is right on the bus stop sign. Hop on the #9 at 7:32am, and get off about 15min later at Blake City Transit Centre. (You can't miss it, it's announced). Walk S on 4th for like 20 sec til you see the big #2 sign - bus routes are marked so clearly its wonderful. Take the #2 and get off like 4 min later at the U, or just walk from Blake - its less than a 10 minute walk along Washington. The Dent building is right across the street from where you get off the bus. The bus drivers are all SO friendly, so don't hesitate to ask questions! To get back, I recommend just walking back to Blake, and hop back on the 9. At 18 or 48 after the hour...tends to be late though later in the day.
If you take a cab here, you are wasting your money!

OOS student here, just received an interview invite this morning! AADSAS Portal hasn't been updated as of yet.

Received an invite for 10/17. Unfortunately though I won't be able to make that date =\

Received an invite for 10/17. Unfortunately though I won't be able to make that date =\
Congrats on the interview! What happens if you can't make the date they give you? Can you reschedule or are you SOL?

Hoping I can reschedule
I was given a day I could not make it to but a day later a new interview date opened up (17th). I guess you just have to wait until the current interview date is full first!

I was given a day I could not make it to but a day later a new interview date opened up (17th). I guess you just have to wait until the current interview date is full first!

What do you mean a new interview date opened up? Did they send you another email?

When you click the link to schedule your interview, a date pops up for the current interview date. Just wait until a date pops up that works well for your schedule. That's what I did.

Did any Michigan resident receive interview at the University of Michigan yet?

When you click the link to schedule your interview, a date pops up for the current interview date. Just wait until a date pops up that works well for your schedule. That's what I did.

Just want to clarify, but for me no date pops up, instead the form has a highlighted date. Is that what you're talking about?

do you think there is still a chance for more OOS pre-dec interviews? :/

Yes definitely. They are still just giving out mid Oct interviews

did it change within the 7 day period they told you to rsvp?

Did any Michigan resident receive interview at the University of Michigan yet?
i think there were in state people who got interviews when the invites first came out, at least thats what it seems like earlier in this thread

Application Complete email received on 9/9

no response yet.

+pity+

My application complete email was sent on August 6 and still no word

My application complete email was sent on August 6 and still no word
it's okay, my app complete email was sent out on July 8...didn't hear back for the interview until last Monday...it takes time

Weird, I was second batch and my complete date was a month later?

yeah...I learned that time is all relative to these dental schools. The invites come when you least expect it, lol.

Hopefully more invites will be sent out this week since the app closes the 15th! :confused:

Hopefully more invites will be sent out this week since the app closes the 15th! :confused:
There probably will be some invites coming out soon. Just sit tight, there are still over 100 or so interview spots left in the cycle...

Will be interviewing this friday, looking forward to seeing some of you there!