***The Official University of Michigan School of Dentistry Interview/Acceptance Thread 2019***

The only 2 remaining dates are the 14th and 21st. Any additional interviews won't occur until January
Thanks for letting us know. Do you happen to know the specific dates in January? I got an interview today too but may need to ask for a post-Dec date.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, but I don't know exact dates except they will probably be on Friday

Thanks for letting us know. Do you happen to know the specific dates in January? I got an interview today too but may need to ask for a post-Dec date.
I believe it is Jan 16 and Jan 23rd.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would love the chance to interview here, still waiting to hear back. My app complete date was 8/5 on aadsas, but I received an email from then on 7/24. Does anyone know if there are still pre-dec interviews being offered??

I would love the chance to interview here, still waiting to hear back. My app complete date was 8/5 on aadsas, but I received an email from then on 7/24. Does anyone know if there are still pre-dec interviews being offered??
There are still a few pre-dec spots open, about 30. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Are there still pre-dec interviews left? Any when is the last date? UMich please show me some love lol

Are there still pre-dec interviews left? Any when is the last date? UMich please show me some love lol
Sorry, no more pre dec. interviews. The last interview date for year is nov. 23. Then there are 2 more interviews in Jan. (16th and 23rd.) Good Luck!

Sorry, no more pre dec. interviews. The last interview date for year is nov. 23. Then there are 2 more interviews in Jan. (16th and 23rd.) Good Luck!

Okay, thanks for the reply, do you mind me asking how you know all of this info lol???

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give any info about the interview date and what to expect? I'm not looking for specifics such as interview questions, just what the day consists of and what your impressions were. What time does everything wrap up at? Thanks!

Can anyone give any info about the interview date and what to expect? I'm not looking for specifics such as interview questions, just what the day consists of and what your impressions were. What time does everything wrap up at? Thanks!
From what I can remember: presentations, tour, lunch, interview (MMI), financial aid/wrap up presentation. The interview was more interesting and less stressful than I thought, but I still recommend going in prepared, i.e. read up on some health care issues. The city was very beautiful and the students/faculty was super engaging and helpful! Wrapped up right on time, around 3:30. Good luck everyone :)

Thank you! Do you mean health care issues in general, strictly dental related, or both?

I was looking forward to walking around campus, but it looks like it will be snowing in Ann Arbor for the next 7+ days :(

Thank you! Do you mean health care issues in general, strictly dental related, or both?

I was looking forward to walking around campus, but it looks like it will be snowing in Ann Arbor for the next 7+ days :(
Yup, just have some opinions about general/dental health care issues and it shouldn't be too bad! Oh! I totally forgot its snowing now, I went a couple weeks back and the city was amazing haha

Invited to one of the January interviews, am I interviewing for a wait list that late or is the class still being filled?

Kicking myself for not scooping up that Nov interview when I first saw it...

They don't fill their class with December acceptances

they dont save like 10-20% of seats for post-dec interviews?

A cheap quality motel is the red roof. I payed about 60 bucks. It a $10 cab to the school

I'll be there this Friday as well

Might be a dumb question but it just occurred to me that michigan is snowing. I'm coming from california and it is mid 70s and sunny right now (still cold for me though!). I have been wearing my skirt suit and heels to all my interviews so far.... but I'm starting to think I might freeze to death if I did that in Michigan. What is everyone else doing? Please help!!!!!

Boots, scarves, uggs, the North Face fleece....at least until you're inside the bldg!
Might be a dumb question but it just occurred to me that michigan is snowing. I'm coming from california and it is mid 70s and sunny right now (still cold for me though!). I have been wearing my skirt suit and heels to all my interviews so far.... but I'm starting to think I might freeze to death if I did that in Michigan. What is everyone else doing? Please help!!!!!

with a 9/09 app complete date when do you guys think i'll hear back? mid december?
That's late for Michigan. My friend with better stats than me applied end of July and didn't head back yet. I heard back and I already had an interview but I was first or second batch.

Is U of M still considered one of the more reasonably priced OOS schools? I grew up in the area but am not a resident anymore :meh:.

If anyone needs a recommendation for a place to stay just pm me. I got a condo via airbnb about 3 miles from campus, breakfast included, and a ride to the school/ around town for $80. Airport pickup and drop-off was $50.

The school is amazing and easily my #1 choice at this point.

they dont save like 10-20% of seats for post-dec interviews?

They told us that they fill about half the class with the first round of acceptances. Then they send out another round of acceptances after mid january.

Anyone that interview here have their status change? Mine still says "invited for interview"

waitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaitingwaiting for an interview hopefully...

Good luck to everyone that interviewed. Hopefully we all get some great news on Monday

Reactions: 5 users
Good luck to everyone that interviewed. Hopefully we all get some great news on Monday

Ahhh! Crossing my fingers for us all. Can't believe we are only a few days away.

Has anyone's status changed or do we just need to wait for a phone call tomorrow?

Yeah nothing here either, I'm pretty sure they don't use the portal very much.

SO ANXIOUS I CAN'T SLEEP! I want a phone call from UofM more than anything!

Reactions: 1 users
Feeling the pressure now! Fingers crossed.

I am so, so incredibly honored to say that I am going to be a dental student at the University of Michigan. I'm literally in tears right now, because I am so grateful. GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!! (Phone call at 9:00 a.m., IS, scholarship offer.)

Reactions: 3 users
I am so, so incredibly honored to say that I am going to be a dental student at the University of Michigan. I'm literally in tears right now, because I am so grateful. GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!! (Phone call at 9:00 a.m., IS, scholarship offer.)

Congrats!!! I just got 100x more nervous now that I know they've started calling!!

You can check WolverineAccess for your decision

Got the call at 10!!!! I cried and I feel like I'm on cloud nine. GO BLUE!

Reactions: 1 users