***The Official University of Minnesota Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Has anyone had their interview yet? How was it? Mine is next Friday, getting super excited!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone interviewing today ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Aw how was it guys? What did you guys think of the school? I hope it went well for you guys!

The whole day was a great experience, most of us were Minnesotans with a few Wisonsinites. The interview was between two faculty (for me). The school itself is fantastic. Great facilities, great faculty and a great student body. I can answer more specific questions but overall the experience was very positive for me.

Reactions: 2 users
I got my interview notification yesterday! (9/15) Finally!

My interview is in the beginning of October.

DAT 23AA/21TS/22PAT/26RC
GPA ~3.65s, ~3.75o

Reactions: 1 users
I got my interview notification yesterday! (9/15) Finally!

My interview is in the beginning of October.

DAT 23AA/21TS/22PAT/26RC
GPA ~3.65s, ~3.75o

Congrats Spazway! Good look on your interview.

The whole day was a great experience, most of us were Minnesotans with a few Wisonsinites. The interview was between two faculty (for me). The school itself is fantastic. Great facilities, great faculty and a great student body. I can answer more specific questions but overall the experience was very positive for me.
Did you guys get an email called Application for Pre-D1 Summer Research Fellowship?

Is that something that is just being casually offered or is it something that they recommend we do? The fact that they're kind of persistent about re-sending it when I didn't reply to the first email, makes me wonder!

So much love for Minnesota!! Hope you guys love your interview experience here. I know I did! Everyone was so sweet and so kind.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that something that is just being casually offered or is it something that they recommend we do? The fact that they're kind of persistent about re-sending it when I didn't reply to the first email, makes me wonder!
I think it's just casual. They only resent it because a requirement changed.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! Do any of you know if Minnesota's interviews are open or close file? :)

Closed: pro: interviewer is less likely to give a biased evaluation based on your stats. Con: if the interviewer is completely blind, you may end up having to repeat parts of your application the interviewer could have known by reading your file.

Closed: pro: interviewer is less likely to give a biased evaluation based on your stats. Con: if the interviewer is completely blind, you may end up having to repeat parts of your application the interviewer could have known by reading your file.
I fully agree with this. I felt like with open it was nice because we could talk about parts of my application they had questions on in depth, but in closed it was nice they hadn't Judged anything prior to me talking about it.

Hey MasterDental!

I'll be there tomorrow for the morning interview. Are you coming from OOS? I'm in state, but there are good recommendation at the top of this thread for staying at hotels. I just did a trial run to the U of M where we are interviewing, it was really easy to get to that early in the morning, just make sure you follow the elevator recommendations, because some only go to the 9th floor. See ya tomorrow.
Hi! You wouldn't happen to have those elevator recommendations would you? :)

Hey MasterDental!

I'll be there tomorrow for the morning interview. Are you coming from OOS? I'm in state, but there are good recommendation at the top of this thread for staying at hotels. I just did a trial run to the U of M where we are interviewing, it was really easy to get to that early in the morning, just make sure you follow the elevator recommendations, because some only go to the 9th floor. See ya tomorrow.
Oops, never mind! I just found them! :joyful: Hope you and Master Dental and others had great interviews.

Sweet got an invite.

Reactions: 4 users
Hello potential Class of 2019 classmates! I just received an interview invitation yesterday (for October 28) and I am very excited! I am from Canada and for the most part, I'm in the dark when it comes to interview formats in the states. From what I gather from this thread, it is a closed file interview, but I don't know how to prepare. Is it possible for any of the students who have interviewed already this fall to share some of their experiences (general interview questions, how many interviewers there were, how formal should I dress, etc)? Very much appreciated.

Hi canadental,

Congrats on getting an interview at the University of MN! Each dental school has their own interview format, so it will vary where you interview. The University of MN's format is closed file with two interviewers to one applicant. I would have to say the dress code is professional (if you're a guy, suit and tie and dress shoes; if you're a girl, blazer with dress pants/suit skirt and dress shoes (flats, heels, whichever is comfy for you)). As for interview questions, click on the following link and select "Questions". It should give you a general idea of what types of questions are asked. http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/umn-dent/survey/26

Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

Hi canadental,

Congrats on getting an interview at the University of MN! Each dental school has their own interview format, so it will vary where you interview. The University of MN's format is closed file with two interviewers to one applicant. I would have to say the dress code is professional (if you're a guy, suit and tie and dress shoes; if you're a girl, blazer with dress pants/suit skirt and dress shoes (flats, heels, whichever is comfy for you)). As for interview questions, click on the following link and select "Questions". It should give you a general idea of what types of questions are asked. http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/umn-dent/survey/26

Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

Wow that link is very helpful! Thank you so much!

Received an interview! Couldn't be more excited. I absolutely love Minnesota and the U of M. One step closer to my dream! :heckyeah:

Reactions: 7 users
Is anyone interviewing at Minnesota this Friday? I’m staying at Days Hotel and would like someone to room with. The hotel is within walking distance from the university.

Time for me to finally post..... INTERVIEW INVITE YAAAAWHOOOOOOOOO! SO EXCITED :soexcited::banana:

Alaska....guess I'm really far west coast

Im trying to figure out flights and need help. The email says the Interview day starts at 8 and "depart/lunch" at 12 but then in another email is says "plan for 6 hours"?

How long did it take for you guys?

Im trying to figure out flights and need help. The email says the Interview day starts at 8 and "depart/lunch" at 12 but then in another email is says "plan for 6 hours"?

My day started at 10:15 when I checked in and it ended at about 2:30. I think they say plan for 6 hours in case something goes wrong lol. Just call their office and double check but I would follow the timeline in the email.

Just found the campus and it and the surrounding area are amazing.

You have the morning interview slot so that timeframe is accurate, i was done about 1230. Definitely stick around for lunch, it gives you an opportunity to chat with current students and potential future students. Also, the new light rail just opened up, you can get to campus in about 40 minutes from the airport, same on the way back. Metrotransit.org to plan a route :)

can anyone please tell me if the 6000 character limit for the supplemental essays includes spaces or not? thanks :)

I cannot tell you for sure, but I wrote mine under the impression that spaces were included in those 6000 characters. I definitely needed to trim my essays down to get within the character limit. Honestly, I bet if you called Kathy in admissions she would be happy to answer your question.

Holy long essay.....mine was 250 words!

I think the only reason I got an interview here was because I put considerable effort into their essays.

Well that was definitely not the reason I got one lol

Well my gpa is quite low so that prob why I got one

University of Minnesota does a great job at holistic evaluation.

I just got an interview invite!!! :soexcited:
They scheduled my interview on a Thursday, does anyone know if they interview on other days of the week??

I just got an interview invite!!! :soexcited:
They scheduled my interview on a Thursday, does anyone know if they interview on other days of the week??
Mine was on a Thursday as well, so Idk. Good luck. ;) this interview was nerve racking for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk