***The Official University of Minnesota Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi yall

So im confused on what Minnesota is trying to say, online for required courses its says English: "
EnglishCompletion of two composition courses is preferred to total at least 8 semester hours" does that mean two courses or 8 credit hours minimum? Probably going to call..

Hi yall

So im confused on what Minnesota is trying to say, online for required courses its says English: "
EnglishCompletion of two composition courses is preferred to total at least 8 semester hours" does that mean two courses or 8 credit hours minimum? Probably going to call..

I'm not sure if you've already called the school, but they're saying two English courses (at least one has to be a composition course) that total at least 8 semester credits (ie, Comp 1 (4 credits) + Lit class (4 credits) or Comp 1 (4 credits) + Comp 2 (2 credits) + Lit class (2+ credits), etc.)

I interviewed here last week. Such an awesome school! Those simulation labs :love:

Minneapolis seems like an awesome city and I thought it was really cool how the lightrail passes through campus. Just want to know if I was accepted :)))))

Apparently they meet this Tuesday to go over files and another time at end of November in order to offer acceptances for Dec 1st.

Reactions: 1 users
Totally agree with you, the lightrail was definitely such a plus! This means we can live further (and cheaper) from campus and still get to school without making a long trip every day.
Minneapolis seems like an awesome city and I thought it was really cool how the lightrail passes through campus. Just want to know if I was accepted :)))))

Apparently they meet this Tuesday to go over files and another time at end of November in order to offer acceptances for Dec 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
Another plus is that the light rail generally runs much more smoothly and on time in snowy conditions. Thats pretty important in MN :)

Anybody check out the weather Minnesota's been experiencing lately? It is just as, or maybe even slightly more cold than my home country and Im from a frozen wasteland. I love the cold and the ice, but I know many people prefer warmer climes. What do you guys think about it and how do you think youll adapt/live while attending the D school?

I have lived in Minnesota my whole life, so I definitely have a different point of view than those from out of state, but I think it's something you just get used to. Yes it can be very cold in the winter, but thankfully the dental school and everywhere else is heated. Considering most of your days no matter where you go to dental school will be spent inside in class/lab/studying, the weather isn't too big of a deal. You get used to not going outside as much as you would in the warmer months. You buy warm clothes for when you have to brave the cold. You learn to love the snow, I definitely have!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm from a warmer U.S. state and the winter has not been a problem for me. I also walk 0.5 miles to get to school as well. If you dress appropriately, you'll be fine. Good luck guys!

Has anyone received a status change on their aadsas portal for UMinn?

Members don't see this ad :)
NUyttbn.gif

This is how my Thanksgiving is going to go.

Check that, the entire thanksgiving break.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when they normally send out interview invitations for post december interviews? I applied a little later then I was hoping so I think i just missed the first round of interviews being a late august/early september application. Really would like to get an opportunity to go to Minnesota!

Does anyone know when they normally send out interview invitations for post december interviews? I applied a little later then I was hoping so I think i just missed the first round of interviews being a late august/early september application. Really would like to get an opportunity to go to Minnesota!
I'm a Resident and had my application completed around the middle of August and just received a interview invite on 11/11 for January 6th so there still could be hope! Also consider contacting the school to see what they say!

They said that they normally accept half the class on December 1st then send another big batch of acceptances in early February or somewhere around there

I'm a Resident and had my application completed around the middle of August and just received a interview invite on 11/11 for January 6th so there still could be hope! Also consider contacting the school to see what they say!
Thanks for the feedback! I'm in-state as well and was thinking they would be sending out January interviews around now. One thing I have learned so far is to be patient and I guess that is all I can really do until I know either way for this cycle. Hopefully I'll hear something as well in the next couple weeks!

Has anyone who interviewed had their status changed?

Has anyone who interviewed had their status changed?
No update here either! In previous years it looks like they change theirs a bit closer to Dec. 1/2/3 than other schools.

Okay good, mine still says invited for interview as well. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything! :)

This is how my Thanksgiving is going to go.

Check that, the entire thanksgiving break.

I disagree. I'm so relaxed. I'm going to eat a bunch of food tomorrow, sleep, do some (not-so-strenuous) homework, sleep, study, watch the Huskers beat Iowa, sleep, watch The Game, then watch the Gophers beat Wisconsin, then the Iron Bowl. It's rivalry week in college football. It's going to be a great weekend.

Has anybody's status changed this morning yet? According to last year's thread people seemed to have gotten a status change on Thanksgiving morning.

Has anybody's status changed this morning yet? According to last year's thread people seemed to have gotten a status change on Thanksgiving morning.
Nope still "invited for interview"

So has anyone had the status update? Last year it happened on thanksgiving morning...

Do they usually call or email the accepted applicants on December 1st?

I'm wondering if they aren't updating this year, cause AADSAS is closed for the holiday weekend.

Well from what i have read previously its usually the first business day in january, so this coming Monday we should have some invites heading out.

Well from what i have read previously its usually the first business day in january, so this coming Monday we should have some invites heading out.

We're talking about AADSAS portal updates. In the past, it has updated a couple of days before December 1st to saying "check back on December 1st for more information" for those who have been accepted to the school. Whereas those who aren't accepted have a status that remains "invited for interview". This year the status hasn't changed for anyone yet, that's why people keep asking.

I know this based on the 2012 class discussion thread for Minnesota.

Do they send out all the acceptance emails 1st thing in the morning or do they send it in the afternoon or just bit-by-bit over the course of the day?

I want to know so it wont be as nerve-racking as it was for me last cycle.

I was told that acceptance emails go out 6am central time.
Do they send out all the acceptance emails 1st thing in the morning or do they send it in the afternoon or just bit-by-bit over the course of the day?

I was told that acceptance emails go out 6am central time.
Thanks! I just hope their servers could handle it and we get it without much delay. (Last cycle some schools servers overloaded and some of us received it well over 10hrs after the schools emailed it early in the morning.)

So for schools that I was rejected from say check back December 2nd. Does that mean we will find out December 2nd for acceptances as well?

So for schools that I was rejected from say check back December 2nd. Does that mean we will find out December 2nd for acceptances as well?

It says Dec 2nd on the mobile portal for some reason, must be an error. But if you check on the aadsas website it will say Dec 1st. At least that's how it is for me.

It says Dec 2nd on the mobile portal for some reason, must be an error. But if you check on the aadsas website it will say Dec 1st. At least that's how it is for me.

Did you by chance got status updated for UMN today?

No, sorry for the confusion. No update here from Minnesota yet.

I received my email 2:46 AM PST.

Holy crap

By the admissions office?

At the interview we were told by Naty Lopez that we would get emails at 6 am Dec 1st.