***The Official University of Minnesota Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

So maybe I'm missing something very straight forward... But for those who got accepted and plan to attend, we don't email the admissions office or anything right? Just wait for the response form in snail mail and then send that in with the deposit?

My understanding from the email was to just wait for the snail mail to arrive!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
So maybe I'm missing something very straight forward... But for those who got accepted and plan to attend, we don't email the admissions office or anything right? Just wait for the response form in snail mail and then send that in with the deposit?
Correct and there's like a form you sign.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I received an email for the summer research scholarship congratulating on my acceptance to the dental school (even though I have not been accepted) and also rejecting me for the summer scholarship????

anyone else get this email

Last edited:
So I received an email for the summer research scholarship congratulating on my acceptance to the dental school (even though I have not been accepted) and also rejecting me for the summer scholarship????

anyone else get this email
I got that email a couple minutes ago and emailed them back, I was wondering the same thing, I was like did I miss something?

I got that email a couple minutes ago and emailed them back, I was wondering the same thing, I was like did I miss something?

Being the optimistic person I am, they probably forgot to send us acceptance emails ;)!! hahaha

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an email also saying I was not accepted to the research fellowship, but I did get an acceptance letter. I don't know if that helps anyone else who is waiting to hear back about the research grant.

I just got accepted into the research fellowship. Did anybody else? Anyone need a roomie for the summer?

I can make an unofficial one until/if the University makes us one!

I can make an unofficial one until/if the University makes us one!

Can you please make the facebook page and then post the link here. I'm excited to see who all is in our class. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview invitation, the email mentioned that they are interviewing through February for open positions if anyone is still waiting to hear back.

I declined my interview invitation as I already got accepted to my top choice. Hope this opens up an opportunity to someone who has minnesota as their #1 choice!

I will be turning down my acceptance. Good luck to those of you still waiting!! I’m OOS by the way.

It's looking more and more like I'll be going to the U! Still thinking it over, but choosing UMN and taking out $133k less in loans will probably feel really, really good 10-20 years down the road.

Does anyone know if UMN has offered any scholarships with their acceptances? You hear about other schools giving something like a tuition off-set/type of offer so an oos can consider that school as one with in-state tuition, but haven't heard if UMN has offered that to anyone. Would love to hear any comments.

Does anyone know if UMN has offered any scholarships with their acceptances? You hear about other schools giving something like a tuition off-set/type of offer so an oos can consider that school as one with in-state tuition, but haven't heard if UMN has offered that to anyone. Would love to hear any comments.

I remember Dr. Lopez saying they award one OOS student per class a grant that would reduce the tuition to the instate level.

I remember Dr. Lopez saying they award one OOS student per class a grant that would reduce the tuition to the instate level.
Yeah she did mention that but she said 2 students get it and she said there were a few dean's scholarshis for 60k over 4yrs, but I haven't heard anything about anyone getting one. I really wish they would send them out so we could make an educate decision and weigh the ttrue costs of our schools.

I decided to turn down my offer. probably choosing UCSF. Hope this helps someone on here!

Last edited:
For those who submitted their deposit. Were you given an email conformation?

I was never given an email confirmation. But my AADSAS status changed from offer made to offer accepted.

I received an email saying they received my response card, tuition deposit, and Accepted Student Personal Information Form. The email also asked me to fill out a survey about my thoughts on the admissions process.

I received an email saying they received my response card, tuition deposit, and Accepted Student Personal Information Form. The email also asked me to fill out a survey about my thoughts on the admissions process.

Thanks! I actually just got it today. Don't know why so late, since I submitted my deposit two days after the offer.

Anyone from the pre-dec interview group got accepted after dec 1st? I know that it's still very early, but I am so worried..

Next batch of acceptances goes out late January/early February

Last edited:
Acceptances sorry! I just corrected the statement!

Hey guys, for someone that interviewed recently, did naty lopez or anyone at Minnesota have a more specific date when the 2nd batch of acceptances would be sent (i know late January or early Feb). Thanks!

Check last years thread. They'll probably send out the 2nd batch this year around the same time they sent it out last year. Someone might have better advice than me. But that's what I'd do.

They weren't specific during the interview sorry! Maybe try emailing them and then telling us haha!

I interviewed Jan.14th. Kathy the admin person told us that the acceptance would be sent out probably Feb. 1st from what I heard (although she also mentioned that it is possible, but not likely, that a very few acceptances could be sent before Feb. 1st). Hope that helps.

I interviewed Jan.14th. Kathy the admin person told us that the acceptance would be sent out probably Feb. 1st from what I heard (although she also mentioned that it is possible, but not likely, that a very few acceptances could be sent before Feb. 1st). Hope that helps.
I've never heard of a Sunday acceptance are you sure she didn't say the 2nd?

I've never heard of a Sunday acceptance are you sure she didn't say the 2nd?

Oh, I am sorry. I did not know Feb. 1st was a Sunday. She did not say the 2nd but I guess it is the 2nd then because I have never heard of a Sunday acceptance either :S

Hopefully we can find out acceptances today!

I interviewed on Thursday 1/29. They said the admissions committee is meeting today, 2/3. They said acceptances could come out this week, but more than likely early next week.

Accepted today! Received the email at 10:30 am! Interviewed 1/16. See you all in August! I am so excited:)

Got wait listed here >< do a lot of people end up getting off the wait list at U of MN?