**The Official University of Minnesota Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Any updates? I remember in the interview it was said that offers were going to be sent around the beginning of February.

I was told we would hear back mid Feb having interviewed Jan 11th, but I received my acceptance email/letter Jan 27th though. So hopefully they will send out another round of acceptances this week or next!

Members don't see this ad.

I was told we would hear back mid Feb having interviewed Jan 11th, but I received my acceptance email/letter Jan 27th though. So hopefully they will send out another round of acceptances this week or next!
Congrats!! Did u get the summer research fellowship?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! Did u get the summer research fellowship?
Thank you!

And I did not apply to the summer research because I am already heavily involved in a research lab now (6yrs with this lab) and had committed to the summer with them prior to the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you in state? Because admissions did mention they were going to send out a few in state acceptances late January before they send out there next larger round of acceptances.

Are you in state? Because admissions did mention they were going to send out a few in state acceptances late January before they send out there next larger round of acceptances.

Yes, I am in state.

Congratulations! I interviewed on that day too, but I'm out of state.

Accepted to Minnesota via email!

Reactions: 2 users
Cool, thanks! I'm out of state, interviewed 1/25. Haven't seen any activity of out of staters getting accepted in Feb or Jan yet but have heard of a lot of instaters. Congrats by the way!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool, thanks! I'm out of state, interviewed 1/25. Haven't seen any activity of out of staters getting accepted in Feb or Jan yet but have heard of a lot of instaters. Congrats by the way!
Thanks! I interviewed 1/27 and yes it seems like they are doing in state first. From what they said at my interview though they should be accepting out of state applicants as well this week.

x

Last edited:
Thanks! I interviewed 1/27 and yes it seems like they are doing in state first. From what they said at my interview though they should be accepting out of state applicants as well this week.
Kuef, I interviewed on the 27th as well. Were you in the morning or afternoon session?

Afternoon session, I believe I was the only in state student
I was fairly certain you must've been afternoon because I didn't remember anyone in my group being in state. But congrats!

Any OOS hearing anything? I think I am on the verge of breaking my email account by checking in every 5 minutes.

I am in state and interviewed on January 7th and have not heard anything yet. I don't know if that means I am waitlisted/rejected, but I will try to stay optimistic and hope they didn't send out all their in-state acceptances. I am a 4th year engineer with a 3.85 GPA and a 21 AA on my DAT. I don't really want to take a gap year, the UofM was the only place I applied.

I have about 1800 volunteering hours, but 50 shadowing hours as of the time I applied. I don't know! dont break your email :p haha

Last edited:
Any OOS hearing anything? I think I am on the verge of breaking my email account by checking in every 5 minutes.
It doesn't seem like it, at least not on here and not from the few other OOS'ers that I know who applied and interviewed in January. I know, I'm getting anxious too. I really, really liked the U of M and am hoping to hear soon. From the information they provided at the interview, they said that we would know either last week or this week and for sure by Mid-February if you were outright accepted.

Called today. They said that they are no longer accepting a "big batch" at the beginning of February like I was told during my interview (early Jan) but that they are doing smaller groups of acceptances instead. As people have posted above, they sent out acceptances last week and said they will continue to accept more this week and next. So don't worry too much about how they told us 'early February', it's instead gonna seem a bit like musical chairs. Good luck to all including myself! haha

Reactions: 2 users
Called today. They said that they are no longer accepting a "big batch" at the beginning of February like I was told during my interview (early Jan) but that they are doing smaller groups of acceptances instead. As people have posted above, they sent out acceptances last week and said they will continue to accept more this week and next. So don't worry too much about how they told us 'early February', it's instead gonna seem a bit like musical chairs. Good luck to all including myself! haha
At first, your post made my heart drop into my stomach. As I read more, it rose out. You had me scared at first! I appreciate your post though, I like many of you, am anxiously waiting.

any one here who interviewed in the fall and still is waiting to here from them. cause I am.

Received waitlist email today :( OOS and interviewed in Jan. Anybody else?

Do you know if they put everybody on the waitlist who didn't get accepted? I wonder if there is actually a good chance of getting off the waitlist.

I interviewed early Jan and didn't recieve the waitlist email?

I guess I'm either rejected or accepted?

I interviewed pre-Dec and haven't received anything yet. Not even on portal

Received wait list email yesterday, I'm in state. Is it just me or did that email sound way more positive than it should? Haha. Has anyone on here gotten a rejection after their interview? I know it's not the best feeling to admit it, I was just curious cause like someone stated above, I wonder if everyone who did not get accepted is waitlisted..

At first, your post made my heart drop into my stomach. As I read more, it rose out. You had me scared at first! I appreciate your post though, I like many of you, am anxiously waiting.
Lol sorry!!

Received wait list email yesterday, I'm in state. Is it just me or did that email sound way more positive than it should? Haha. Has anyone on here gotten a rejection after their interview? I know it's not the best feeling to admit it, I was just curious cause like someone stated above, I wonder if everyone who did not get accepted is waitlisted..
If I remember correctly they said that everyone that interviews but is not accepted outright is placed on the waitlist.

Has anyone else received an update lately? I interviewed 1/25 and haven't heard any news yet.... good or bad. I'll take any update at this point!

Has anyone else received an update lately? I interviewed 1/25 and haven't heard any news yet.... good or bad. I'll take any update at this point!

Nope. Interviewed the ~15 and nothing yet. Out of state.

Interviewed February 5th and received an email that I am on the alternate wait list. OOS

Did you receive an email today? I'm OOS, interviewed 1/25 and still no word.

It's weird that people who interviewed after us got contacted about a wait list. The two things running through my mind are that we got rejected and they just didn't notify us, or they're going to email out acceptances soon. I feel like if we got rejected they would tell us though. I really have no idea what to think. They told me we would hear back around Valentine's day and that was only a week ago so it's still in that time frame.

We could still get an email about a wait list though. I really have no clue.

Has anyone heard anything this week? I interviewed 1/20 and haven't heard a word. Getting pretty anxious and discouraged with each day.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Can anyone post up a D1 class schedule? I don't have a UMN ID to login with yet...