***The Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Got an email today that doesn't sound great...
"Thank you for your continued interest in our school of dental medicine! At this point, we are actively engaged in our admissions process and will be contacting interviewed candidates on a rolling basis.
As we have all information we would require from you, please continue to monitor your email for communication from us."
Pretty vague! Probably not a good sign...

I got the same email but like... what does that even mean!? :(:mad:
I'm so confused...

Members don't see this ad.

Any idea how much the waitlist moves for Pitt, historically? Interviewed pre-dec and still crossing my fingers!

Reactions: 1 user
Any idea how much the waitlist moves for Pitt, historically? Interviewed pre-dec and still crossing my fingers!

Somebody said earlier in this thread that last year people were getting off the waitlist in May... that being said, this year has turned out to be a weird one. Schools like UDM already have all their spots filled and schools like Marquette, who supposedly hardly ever interview a lot after January, are still interviewing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances comes? I interviewed on 01/26.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances comes? I interviewed on 01/26.

An email I received said they moved to rolling admissions. Crossing my fingers too!

So I interviewed back in October, received an email that they were actively reviewing my application in January...and still haven't heard anything back yet (not even rejected/wait listed) :/
Is there anything I can do to push for an acceptance? What do you guys think...

So I interviewed back in October, received an email that they were actively reviewing my application in January...and still haven't heard anything back yet (not even rejected/wait listed) :/
Is there anything I can do to push for an acceptance? What do you guys think...
Send a letter of interest to your interviewer.

Edit: @BrazilianRider did this and got accepted shortly thereafter.

Last edited:
Any idea for those who was in the waiting listed to get an acceptance? Any help or suggestions?

I could be wrong, but I think next wave goes out early next month
Really? How do you know that? I sent an email to them but no answer:( Is that necessary to call or email them to check the status?

Really? How do you know that? I sent an email to them but no answer:( Is that necessary to call or email them to check the status?
I would call. They are super nice on the phone and seem like they welcome calls (I have called a few times)

Members don't see this ad :)
I would call. They are super nice on the phone and seem like they welcome calls (I have called a few times)
So I guess calls will be helpful? But just call for checking my status sounds awkward, lol~

I called one week ago and was told (they were very nice, btw) that they haven't filled the class yet. Maybe she didn't want to give me any false hope, but she really emphasized that I maybe, might, could receive an offer at this point. (Kinda scared me, she sounded pretty hesitant?)

I interviewed in October and didn't receive any news on Dec 1. I also sent a letter of intent in late Dec, just before the holidays and I received a very courteous note that it had been added to my file, but nothing since then. I emailed my interviewer as well, but haven't received a word back from him...

I called one week ago and was told (they were very nice, btw) that they haven't filled the class yet. Maybe she didn't want to give me any false hope, but she really emphasized that I maybe, might, could receive an offer at this point. (Kinda scared me, she sounded pretty hesitant?)

I interviewed in October and didn't receive any news on Dec 1. I also sent a letter of intent in late Dec, just before the holidays and I received a very courteous note that it had been added to my file, but nothing since then. I emailed my interviewer as well, but haven't received a word back from him...
I called today, and she still told me the class haven't filled up yet. They just had a meeting today, and hopefully some acceptances coming up. But she phrased so blurry...

Thanks. She is really kind and nice, but just waiting for now:(

Waiting is so hard. Chin up! But it's okay, staring at the adorable cat in your avatar makes it better.

Cat videos for the rest of the night

Waiting is so hard. Chin up! But it's okay, staring at the adorable cat in your avatar makes it better.

Cat videos for the rest of the night
Lol, I love those cutie cat~ Hopefully, can get some good news from them soon.

Hey just wanted to let the thread know that I received an email today 2/12 with an offer of acceptance from Pitt! I interviewed on 1/26! Goodluck to those waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks! And congratz! Has anyone been put on a waitlist for Pitt?

Acceptance on 2/12! Interviewed late october! I already send my deposit to NYU, so will be declining. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Acceptance via email this morning. Interviewed 10/13. Couldn't be more excited. Fingers crossed for the rest of you who are waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
Acceptance via email this morning. Interviewed 10/13. Couldn't be more excited. Fingers crossed for the rest of you who are waiting!

Congratulations! Are you in-state or out of state

Got an email today that doesn't sound great...
"Thank you for your continued interest in our school of dental medicine! At this point, we are actively engaged in our admissions process and will be contacting interviewed candidates on a rolling basis.
As we have all information we would require from you, please continue to monitor your email for communication from us."
Pretty vague! Probably not a good sign...
I received this email as well, and was just accepted. Maybe it's a good sign?

You interviewed on the same day as me! Congrats!!!

JUST GOT ACCEPTED!! Got an email at 8:27am this morning :)

However, I'll have to decline this offer because I'm already committed to another school. I wish they would have gotten back to me earlier because I interviewed all the way back in october..

Just got an acceptance email today. UPitt is now the best option for me financially, but I need some help convincing me why I should choose this school (other than price). When I interviewed in September, the students were SO stressed out, it had the least happy atmosphere among all of the schools I interviewed at (UDM is where my current deposit lies). The tuition is so much cheaper though that I have to at least consider it. What did you guys like about the school that perhaps I didn't pick up on? Did anyone else sense the stressful atmosphere the students conveyed while I was there?

Just got an acceptance email today. UPitt is now the best option for me financially, but I need some help convincing me why I should choose this school (other than price). When I interviewed in September, the students were SO stressed out, it had the least happy atmosphere among all of the schools I interviewed at (UDM is where my current deposit lies). The tuition is so much cheaper though that I have to at least consider it. What did you guys like about the school that perhaps I didn't pick up on? Did anyone else sense the stressful atmosphere the students conveyed while I was there?

I got accepted this morning too. I know what you feel. The students looked stressed out. I didn't like the facilities. The only thing I like is the cost. I'm so TORN between here and NYU.

I got accepted this morning too. I know what you feel. The students looked stressed out. I didn't like the facilities. The only thing I like is the cost. I'm so TORN between here and NYU.

When did you interview?

You must have come around exam time or something. My experience was completely different, and it was one of the nicest interview experiences I had. All the faculty where incredibly nice, and the students (although they admitted the exam schedule is somewhat difficult the first year) seemed relaxed and happy to be there. Pittsburgh is an incredibly cheap city with cheap apartments located just a short 10-15 minute bus ride from school. Additionally, Pitt has been in the top 10 in research grant money in the past few years, which is super impressive if you want to do research.

I loved Pitt, the only comment I'd make is they need to stick some paintings/pictures on the walls of the clinics because they look too plain. Other than that I loved the look and feel of the campus, and Salk Hall (where the dental school is located) is getting a big addition finished this summer.

It's ultimately up to you guys, but you will be stressed at any school once those exams roll around. The cheap tuition + cheap area is a huge bonus, and Pitt seems to be a well regarded school (at least according to all the dentists I shadowed). I got accepted into 8 schools (including UDM, MWU-AZ, etc.) and picked Pitt.

Reactions: 2 users
I was there for the first interview session in September - and it was 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years that all gave off this horrible I-hate-being-here-vibe... not to mention the computer lab where we responded to those questions was absolutely filthy.

Are people who interviewed earlier also hearing back sooner from Upitt? Has anyone who interviewed in January heard anything yet?

Just wondering if there are any females that will be looking for roommates? There are lots of places available Aug. 1 and I'd be interested in rooming with a couple other DS students. Message me if interested.

Just so quiet for pitt...still wondering next round acceptance:(

Has anyone been rejected after interview? Just wondering if I'm even still in the running.

I don't think anyone gets rejected until much later... April 1st is coming around, which means the last "major" movement is right around the corner. Good luck guys!