*** The Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

BrazilianRider

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I applied to Pitt last year, there were no Pitt students around to let us know what they thought. @Daneosaurus and I will try to change that this year, but we'll see what actually happens when we arrive in Pittsburgh.

Good luck you all! H2P!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Why did you choose Pittsburgh out of all of the schools you were accepted to?

Members don't see this ad :)
This video always gets a laugh out of me!

Anyway excited to see what happens for this cycle! Any word on when they normally start sending out interviews? Also how much did you guys spend on interviews here?

Why did you choose Pittsburgh out of all of the schools you were accepted to?
I was accepted to only Pitt and MWUAZ. The choice was pretty straight forward ($$$). But also, I could sense a strong camaraderie between the students, the faculty were extremely nice, and the facilities are top notch. I like the idea of taking part 1 boards after my first year.

Anyway excited to see what happens for this cycle! Any word on when they normally start sending out interviews? Also how much did you guys spend on interviews here?

I don't know when they start sending interviews, but I received mine early September, IIRC. I applied late July and was lazy on sending my secondary ($85 and 2x2 photo). My wife and I drove to Pitt for my interview (we live in Virginia) and we stayed at the Wyndham near the campus for $135/night. I would expect to spend at least $500 per interview.

Reactions: 1 user
For the 2x 2 photo for the secondary, do we have to send in both electronic and hard copy of the picture (along with the check)?

Thanks!

For the 2x 2 photo for the secondary, do we have to send in both electronic and hard copy of the picture (along with the check)?

Thanks!

It says to send it in through email so I did that.

They just hate us 'cause they ain't us.

They just hate us 'cause they ain't us.
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1433902231.920079.jpg

App updated to Received/Waiting Additional Information!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email from Pitt saying the check, photo, and application has been received, verified, and sent to the admissions committee. Let the waiting begin!!

Reactions: 1 user
On the website it says "Grades of B, or better, are expected in prerequisite courses".
Should I interpret it as a must or just an expectation but not necessarily the rule?
I have one C in organic chem :/

Mine is still at the satus of waiting for additional information, but my application has been complete since July 2. I've been having 3 lors but they waited for the fourth which was submitted on the 2 of July.
Should I call them or wait a few days?

Just got an email from Pitt saying the check, photo, and application has been received, verified, and sent to the admissions committee. Let the waiting begin!!
Did you send a physical copy of your photo along with a check in the mail? Or did you email your photo? The website says both can be done. I don't have a physical copy of a picture, but I would feel weird sending an email with just like my AADSAS number and my smiling face haha unless that's normal...

Did you send a physical copy of your photo along with a check in the mail? Or did you email your photo? The website says both can be done. I don't have a physical copy of a picture, but I would feel weird sending an email with just like my AADSAS number and my smiling face haha unless that's normal...
I just emailed them a copy

Edit: Thought this was premed...I'll just go now

I'm still waiting to hear from U. Pitt (submitted and waiting for secondary request), but it has become increasingly attractive the more I learn about it.

I'm still waiting to hear from U. Pitt (submitted and waiting for secondary request), but it has become increasingly attractive the more I learn about it.

Pitt asks that you send them the secondary stuff as soon as you've e-submitted.

Pitt asks that you send them the secondary stuff as soon as you've e-submitted.

It is marked as mailed and "under review" on AADSAS, but I haven't received an email from Pitt yet?

It is marked as mailed and "under review" on AADSAS, but I haven't received an email from Pitt yet?

When you wrote "waiting for secondary request", I thought you meant you were waiting for them to email you to request the secondary/supplementary material. Did you mean you're just waiting for confirmation that they received it? :s

Yep--the material is in the mail, and I'm just waiting to hear back from them.

Mine is still at the satus of waiting for additional information, but my application has been complete since July 2. I've been having 3 lors but they waited for the fourth which was submitted on the 2 of July.
Should I call them or wait a few days?

I'm in the same boat! Did you call them about it? I received an email saying they got my supp fee/photo, but are waiting on a missing LOR??? But other schools have already received my complete application so I'm very confused what's missing here....

Last edited:
I'm
I'm in the same boat! Did you call them about it? I received an email saying they got my supp fee/photo, but are waiting on a missing LOR??? But other schools have already received my complete application so I'm very confused what's missing her....

It's the same for me! I didn't have my LOR in till last week though so I'm not sure if it's just taking time to update or if I should contact them...any suggestions?

I'm

It's the same for me! I didn't have my LOR in till last week though so I'm not sure if it's just taking time to update or if I should contact them...any suggestions?

I would give them a call. I submitted a committee letter which had all the necessary LORs. When I called, someone said I only had one letter in. Then I told them it was a committee letter with multiple and she said oh I guess you're right, and said my app would be off to review soon. Wouldn't hurt to just check with them via phone!

I would give them a call. I submitted a committee letter which had all the necessary LORs. When I called, someone said I only had one letter in. Then I told them it was a committee letter with multiple and she said oh I guess you're right, and said my app would be off to review soon. Wouldn't hurt to just check with them via phone!
Thanks! I'll do that today!

My app was sent out the 31st of july, no update on the portal (it does not mention Pitt) Normal?

I submitted my AADSAS in June, but have not received a secondary invite to UPitt, should I just email my photo and fee anyway? How do you guys email them the pic, just as an attachment?

Myabe that is causing this. I submitted payment after verification

I submitted my AADSAS in June, but have not received a secondary invite to UPitt, should I just email my photo and fee anyway? How do you guys email them the pic, just as an attachment?
Yes. Pitt doesn't ask for a secondary. You have to be proactive.

still not on portal...
It took a week or so to show up on the portal. Don't worry. Right now, the admin is worried about orientation for us on the 18th. They will process you in due time.

Complete as of today... it took them two weeks longer than every other place I applied to lol

I hope we hear soon!!
Maybe they can weed out people who call it Pittsburg to expedite the process

Reactions: 2 users
Got interview invitation today!

Reactions: 2 users
AHHH INTERVIEW!! july 31 mail out did NOT expect this yet!!!

:banana:

Reactions: 3 users