*** The Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Accepted off the waitlist today!! Wow, after all that constant SDN checking and portal refreshing, I'm finally in. Huge relief :banana:
If you don't mind me asking, did they email you as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted off the waitlist today!! Wow, after all that constant SDN checking and portal refreshing, I'm finally in. Huge relief :banana:
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview? Also, did they call you first? How long did they give you for the deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview? Also, did they call you first? How long did they give you for the deposit?

Interviewed back in November, yup received a call and an email. Haven't received the email about deposits/registration yet, I think it's coming tomorrow.

I was accepted into my state school yesterday and withdrew from Pittsburgh yesterday night. Hopefully that spot is still up for grabs! Good luck, y'all!

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST!!! In shock, I thought this would never happen!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone was interested in being roommates? I was thinking of living alone, but I think if I lived with other dental students it would make things more fun. Anyone interested? Also, I'm an easy going male, pretty much a home-body but definitely like to be social and outgoing every now and then. If you're interested shoot me a PM! I figure we could save some money.

Rejected through aadsas mobile. This was my top choice school :/
Interviewed in oct. Was waitlisted and saw the news on mobile though i didnt receive any email from them
Gpa 3.7 dat 22

Interviewed in oct. Was waitlisted and saw the news on mobile though i didnt receive any email from them
Gpa 3.7 dat 22

Sorry to hear that, was hoping you would get in :(

Gpa 3.7 dat 22
Wow, you definitely should've had my spot. Did you get in anywhere else

does anyone know what software we will need to download and possibly how large it is (gb)?
Im debating if 128 gb is enough.:laugh:

Recently was accepted off the waitlist, Pitt was definitely my top choice!! Does anyone know if the "B or better expected in prerequisite courses" is a strict requirement? I have one C and am assuming I wouldn't have been accepted if it were an issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
Recently was accepted off the waitlist, Pitt was definitely my top choice!! Does anyone know if the "B or better expected in prerequisite courses" is a strict requirement? I have one C and am assuming I wouldn't have been accepted if it were an issue.

Shouldn't be a problem if you were accepted after the grade was posted!

It's been a hard decision for me, but I'm going to be withdrawing my acceptance in a few days! I just got accepted to my top choice. Hope my spot goes to one of you!

Will be dropping Pitt soon.. Good bye 2k!

Accepted off the waitlist! I'm so pumped to be back at Pitt!

How do you guys look for apartments/ find roommates?
I decided to live alone and am already living in Pittsburgh so I definitely had that to my advantage. But, I would check out craigslist because there are some really good ones out there. I would also look at Franklin West, Walnut Capital Management, Kamin Realty, and JJ Land. They have a range available, particularly in shadyside, which is where I chose to live. Just as a side note, I know Oak Hill apartments are really close to the school but I've heard some pretty bad stuff about it there. I currently live in Royal Gardens and its pretty nice and fairly priced and located in Shadyside. I would recommend it to you if it fits your needs. If you have any questions about areas of the city, let me know. I'd be happy to help.

I thought I was declined according to AADSAS portal and never got the email but today I received an acceptance email!! This was my first choice school and I'm very excited to attend Pittsburgh!

I decided to live alone and am already living in Pittsburgh so I definitely had that to my advantage. But, I would check out craigslist because there are some really good ones out there. I would also look at Franklin West, Walnut Capital Management, Kamin Realty, and JJ Land. They have a range available, particularly in shadyside, which is where I chose to live. Just as a side note, I know Oak Hill apartments are really close to the school but I've heard some pretty bad stuff about it there. I currently live in Royal Gardens and its pretty nice and fairly priced and located in Shadyside. I would recommend it to you if it fits your needs. If you have any questions about areas of the city, let me know. I'd be happy to help.
I currently live in Oak Hill with my wife and 2 kids and we have had no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I currently live in Oak Hill with my wife and 2 kids and we have had no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm sure everyone has different experiences and it probably depends on the type of place you're in. It just wasn't a gamble I was willing to make. But I am glad you like it!

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm looking for 2 roommates. I found a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment that is extremely close to campus. I have a copy of the lease, and the landlord is actually a Pitt Dental Medicine Alumni. Message me if you're interested!

Could someone accept my request to join FB group for Pitt Dental 2020? Thanks!

I'm about to mail out my money order for this cycle, do they send the supplemental application after they receive money?

I'm about to mail out my money order for this cycle, do they send the supplemental application after they receive money?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a supplemental application for Pitt. Just send in your money and wait for the interview I guess.