*** The Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

@hellofuturedentists can be the tour guide and I'll drive as many interviewees that can squeeze into my Honda Fit!
Haha, one of my best friends has a Fit - it's way roomier than it looks people! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@Daneosaurus @BrazilianRider Hey I am looking to apply next cycle and was wondering what your thoughts were on my chances! I'm out of state with a 3.6 overall and 3.2 science. I got 20AA, 19TS, and 21 PAT (but bio was a 17 :/). My extra curriculars are above average and I just got a job assisting at a dental practice so I'll have plenty of hands on experience and I've done plenty of volunteering through Mission of Mercy and Global Brigades. Do you think I have a decent shot? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Yes. Your scores are in line with our averages for our class. Also, @BrazilianRider and I just finished our first week and it's pretty great, but really exhausting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lunch idea: go to Conflict Kitchen. It's on Pitt's campus. It's really good. Trust me! Google it...

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think we get out until 2 something, but I guess if they don't serve lunch we could go there after!

Pitt interview protip: Black suit, yellow shirt. (I joke!)

Also, good luck to you all. They only interview you if they're legit interested. This is definitely one of the best schools I applied to, and I didn't think I had a shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't wanna spend money on a hotel ha-ha.

3.5 each way soo if you see someone get a heart attack from red bull overdose that day, it's me.
You're driving in that morning to get there by 8? Wow. Good luck

Interview!!!
Notification date: 9/4/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/2015
Application complete date: 6/23/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.43, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/23/18/no

Reactions: 4 users
Interview invite, October 12. OOS.

Lol don't do that. Leave it at the hotel. Almost every hotel will store your luggage until you leave
Plenty of people bring a backpack or something to the interview. If your hotel can't hold it for whatever reason or if you need to go straight to the airport after the interview, you'd be okay. I know for a fact it happens at NYU.

Lol don't do that. Leave it at the hotel. Almost every hotel will store your luggage until you leave
Which hotel are you staying at?

Plenty of people bring a backpack or something to the interview. If your hotel can't hold it for whatever reason or if you need to go straight to the airport after the interview, you'd be okay. I know for a fact it happens at NYU.
Yeah, mine would be a carry-on size though. I'll see what the hotel says, but I feel my luggage would be safer in the hands of Pitt than at the hotel.

Which hotel are you staying at?

Yeah, mine would be a carry-on size though. I'll see what the hotel says, but I feel my luggage would be safer in the hands of Pitt than at the hotel.
Where do you think Pitt would put it? In someone's office? The dental school is full of students, patients, and other people. I would leave it at the hotel. Even if you check out, they can usually store it in the back

Since 8/14, my aadsas portal for UPitt has been saying, "Received/Waiting Additional Information." Though on the same day I got an email stating they received my payment and photo. Am I missing something or should I just wait? Or would it be wise to call the school?

Schools received my apps 8/28
cashed check 8/17

Thank you!

Last edited:
Where do you think Pitt would put it? In someone's office? The dental school is full of students, patients, and other people. I would leave it at the hotel. Even if you check out, they can usually store it in the back
Yeah, I'm just going to leave it with the hotel. Thanks for the advice guys.

Anyone interviewing the 14th that would maybe wanna check out Pitt together/ get dinner Sunday night?

Anyone interviewing the 14th that would maybe wanna check out Pitt together/ get dinner Sunday night?

I'm a student at Pitt interviewing the 14th as well. PM me, and I'd love to show you around!

is it too late to send sup fee now ?

Don't wanna spend money on a hotel ha-ha.

3.5 each way soo if you see someone get a heart attack from red bull overdose that day, it's me.
I'm driving from il you can do it! 7 hrs :)
But I'm staying in hotel.

When I interviewed, there actually was a place to keep it at Pitt.

When I interviewed, there actually was a place to keep it at Pitt.
A carry-on? I sure hope so because I too would rather leave it at Pitt than at a hotel (I trust Pitt more than a hotel). Are you positive that there is, in fact, a room in which we are allowed to keep our baggage?

A carry-on? I sure hope so because I too would rather leave it at Pitt than at a hotel (I trust Pitt more than a hotel). Are you positive that there is, in fact, a room in which we are allowed to keep our baggage?
Yes. It was in the back of the auditorium where they do all the interview presentations.

I would email Katherine to confirm whether they can store it for you though.

I'm a student at Pitt interviewing the 14th as well. PM me, and I'd love to show you around!
I'm also a student at Pitt interviewing on the 14th! If you guys meet up, pm me!! It'll be great to hang out before :)

Whoever is coming on Sept 21 and wants to figure out some Pittsburgh plans, like this post and we can make a group PM!

Reactions: 6 users
Ok as it turns out, I'm not a SDN expert and I don't know how to make a multi-person PM. Or maybe it's a brain fart. If one of you guys could do it, that'd be great!

Whoever is coming on Sept 21 and wants to figure out some Pittsburgh plans, like this post and we can make a group PM!

I'm flying in saturday night for hopes that I can scalp some tickets for the Steelers/49ers game!!!!

Those will probably cost more than a flight, hotel, and what it costs to add an extra school to an AADSAS application lol.

I'm a professional scalper.

But I really do think this will unfortunately be the case hahaha

Hoping interview #6 is with Pitt! Anyone know if they've gotten to apps complete around 8/20?