*** The Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

What does it mean if my portal says offer made but I haven't gotten an email or call?

Members don't see this ad.

Guys, so you know how they only listed tuition and stuff for one year in our packet? How do we find out the prices for the other 3 years? I can't seem to find it on their website. Or I'm just blind lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know how much of the class is going to filled today vs the coming few months?

no email or call. still says invited for interview. Drag pitt is my top choice.

no email or call. still says invited for interview. Drag pitt is my top choice.

Same situation.. Pitts one of my top 2. From previous years they seem to give the second round of acceptances in 45 days. I might give them a call near the end if they week if I don't hear anything though.

I don't think we're in a bad situation, if they really weren't interested we would have been rejected by now, right? :xf:

Hey y'all congrats on acceptances! Any of those accepted to Pitt we are excited to have you, welcome to the fam!! Below is the link to your class of 2020 facebook group where some other current students and I will be available to answer any questions you may have. HAIL TO PITT!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1496482927315518/

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the percentage of people interviewed who don't get an admissions offer or the percentage of the 2020 class filled today? I haven't found this information on the spreadsheets available from the 2014 ADA guide.

I also received it without applying.
Anyone get a scholarship offer without filling out the scholarship stuff? I did... Interview was Nov and haven't had time to do it. but got money some how!!!
Dang. I'm jealous. That was the weirdest essay to write. It's like "ya, accept me but then on top of that, give me the big bucks because I'm extra cool"

Do you have to fill out the scholarship form? I didn't

Members don't see this ad :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    338.9 KB · Views: 79
Hmmm....everyone who has been accepted, PM me your name and I'll invite you.

You'll have to accept my friend request first, though. However, feel free to FB stalk me and look at pics of my kids.

Last edited:
12k/yr scholarship

Does anyone know if Pitt interviews in to the winter/spring? I haven't heard a peep from them since they confirmed they received my payment back in August.

I am tempted to contact them to see what the status of my application is.. I've been at recieved/app complete since 7/31

Will Pitt mail us anything or it the acceptance packet pretty much it?

Can I ask, those who got rejected was it me email? Sorry about the rejection too but GOOD LUCK to other schools! Cheers!! :)

Did anyone get any result back from the interview on Nov. 16th?
I thought we were supposed to get our results on Dec. 3rd.. maybe I misheard

Did anyone get any result back from the interview on Nov. 16th?
I thought we were supposed to get our results on Dec. 3rd.. maybe I misheard
I heard they were still processing the applications from those who interviewed in November. In your case, no news probably means good news :)

Does anyone know if Pitt interviews in to the winter/spring? I haven't heard a peep from them since they confirmed they received my payment back in August.

I am tempted to contact them to see what the status of my application is.. I've been at recieved/app complete since 7/31

They interview in January as well.

Anyone's status change back to "Received/Application Complete" after being declined?

Hey guys, did anyone accepted get an email from certiphi yet about the background check? Still haven't received one!

I don't think we get the email until we put in our second deposit... (yeah...that's a thing)

Hmm I thought we get it sooner because on the acceptance packet it says they are supposed to send one once we have been accepted somewhere

Does anyone know if we can waive the health insurance fee?

Does anyone know if we can waive the health insurance fee?
I believe so, yes! I asked on interview day and they said it's only mandatory to have health insurance, not necessarily that you need theirs!

Has anyone received an official acceptance letter? I need it to send to the military but the days keep going by with nothing in the mail...

Application complete 9/20...impatiently waiting for an interview invite:grumpy:

For those of you who got interviews here, did your portal status say "Application complete" before you got the interview or "under review"?

Rejected without an interview on 12/1. PA resident. Super bummed about it, but oh well. I suppose this is revenge for me turning them down for undergrad lol

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected without an interview on 12/1. PA resident. Super bummed about it, but oh well. I suppose this is revenge for me turning them down for undergrad lol
Lol maybe that's why UNC won't take me. Suspicious....
Sorry though dude. I'm sure you'll be successful wherever you end up.

Interviewed at the end of November. My portal still says "Invited for interview". I will just have to be patient. Congrats everyone. I LOVED Pitt

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten a hold of the financial aid office? I haven't been able to contact them, I left a voicemail earlier this week but didn't get a response.

I'm trying to figure out if the Health Professions Loan (HPL) has a limit on how much you may borrow? I know the package varies per person but was wondering if it's enough to cover all costs or will we be needing to get the Stafford Loans as well?