***The Official University of the Pacific Dugoni Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

So only 1 person on SDN got an interview invite to UOP so far?? Wow...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got my "File is under active review email". Has anyone heard back from the last round of emails yet? Looks like people started getting them a week ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
UOP is making me nervous! they're sending out more emails and I still haven't heard back :nailbiting:

UOP is making me nervous! they're sending out more emails and I still haven't heard back :nailbiting:

UoP said they would call if you were invited for an interview, but they never said what would happen if you weren't invited. So the fact that more emails are being sent out is also making me wonder if my application was passed over. I think UoP receives about 3000 applications and does 300 interviews, so I can understand them taking some time. We know at least 1 person was invited for an interview for September. I got an email for Roseman saying that they received my application but added, "you may not receive another status update for months." I don't know if this could apply to UoP as well. As if paying all that money isn't enough, they are now just making me paranoid. I guess there is nothing I can do now, but I want some closure

Got the active review e-mail today.

got the active review e-mail as well.

OOS, 5th batch ? (7/25 mail out)

Same, mailed out 7/25, i think we might be in the sixth batch.

I also got the under review email today, but my mail out date was 8/1.

I still don't believe how I'm the only one with an interview... Hopefully you guys will get some calls this week (I think they call Fridays)

Reactions: 4 users
Haha I know right? What day did you schedule your interview? Great stats by the way.

Interview invite via phone and follow-up email just now! Ahhhhh!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just scheduled for 9/18.

Still in shock

GPA overall: 3.7
GPA science: 3.6

AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR: 21/22/22/22/16

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats. Ill see you there.

Reactions: 1 user
I guess the good news is that despite a week gap, you two still got the same interview date. which means they havent passed out that many interviews yet : p

Reactions: 7 users
I also got the under review email today, but my mail out date was 8/1.

What?? Mine was sent on 8/1 as well and I haven't received the "under active review email." :( Do you mind sharing your stats?

Gre
Just scheduled for 9/18.

Still in shock

GPA overall: 3.7
GPA science: 3.6

AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR: 21/22/22/22/16

Congrats! And Great stats!

I wonder which GPA is weighed more the BCP or sGPA.

Gre

Congrats! And Great stats!

I wonder which GPA is weighed more the BCP or sGPA.

I would think that BCP is considered more important since this is something special that only dental schools seems to put emphasis on...at least compared to med schools.

What?? Mine was sent on 8/1 as well and I haven't received the "under active review email." :( Do you mind sharing your stats?

sGPA: 3.4, cGPA: 3.6
21/21/21

I'm sure it doesn't mean much, it's not like I received an interview.

I'm the same batch as you. I'm still waiting on an LOR, so that's my reasoning for not receiving one yet. :/

Hang in there peeps! I'm 6th batch & just got the under review email today! You should be hearing back soon!

sGPA: 3.4, cGPA: 3.6
21/21/21

I'm sure it doesn't mean much, it's not like I received an interview.

According to ADEA, you're exactly what they're looking for! ;)

Smuckers-Jelly-prnitable-coupon-Walmart-sale-300x247.jpg

People are getting invited already?! I want to get invited so—---------------- bad:eek:
Uop Please :kiss:

Okay guys, my application was mailed out 7/7 and my LOR was mailed out 7/25. Did those who received interviews have their stuff mailed out after?

If any 9/18 interviewees want to meet up in the city the night before (9/17) PM me.

Uh oh. Don't eat too many jellybeans. I really hope you guys get an interview!!

"Don't stop believing. Hold on to that feeling." -Confucius

Yeah.

Uh oh. Don't eat too many jellybeans. I really hope you guys get an interview!!

"Don't stop believing. Hold on to that feeling." -Confucius

Yeah.
Thanks WutzUp, ill try not to eat too many :happy: Btw Congrats!!

Damn...5 weeks after my app was mailed and I paid for my fee (Aug 1), I FINALLY received the "app under active review" email...looks like I had quite the lag there....

Did UOP call anybody for interview invites today?

My file is just now going under review, got the email on Sept 16

Last edited:
My file is just now going under review, got the email on Thursday Sept 4. That took quite a while. Now hopefully my DAT is enough for an interview. If I recall correctly, an interview here is pretty much certain acceptance, assuming of course you dont freak them.

Lol, I can pretty much assure you that your DAT score will be THE LAST thing that could set you back from an interview...

Lol, I can pretty much assure you that your DAT score will be THE LAST thing that could set you back from an interview...
My bad I meant I hope my DAT would be enough for an interview invite b/c my GPA is quite underwhelming (due to bad 1st two years, but I have a good upward trend if that means anything).

Got the call today late this afternoon. So stoked!!!!! :biglove::banana::soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Is it just me, or does it seem like they are only notifying/considering CA residents so far?

Congrats! Is it just me, or does it seem like they are only notifying/considering CA residents so far?
Yeah that's what it looks like. I got the email saying my app is under active review two weeks ago... Oregon resident. I don't have the best stats so I'll be surprised if I land an interview. No rejection letter yet either though...:shrug: