***The Official University of the Pacific Dugoni Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

My app was mailed out 7/11 and I got the active review email 8/19!
Same here. I am OOS, and I just got an interview invite yesterday!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally after all the drama concerning my LOE, I got the e-mail that says my record is under active review. It's the little victories in life...

Reactions: 2 users
The interview is a lot of fun for those that havent gone yet. Dont stress at all, everyone is extremely relaxed.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The interview is a lot of fun for those that havent gone yet. Dont stress at all, everyone is extremely relaxed.

Is it a group interview? Like 10 students to one faculty? How was the writing exercise?

Anyone receive an interview invite email after Sept 20? I'm just wondering if its coming in batches.

Reactions: 1 user
Holy crap, they're on November interviews already??? Nooooooo :arghh: I want an interview here...

Hm. OOS applicant with competitive stats and I haven't heard back other than my app is under review. This thread is awfully quiet compared to last year. Hopefully I'l hear back soon, I believe this is the West Coast school that I have the best shot at getting in. For the record, I interviewed at another school and a person with a slightly better DAT score (27) had already received their interview invite from UofP as an OOS applicant. Still West Coast tho.

Hm. OOS applicant with competitive stats and I haven't heard back other than my app is under review. This thread is awfully quiet compared to last year. Hopefully I'l hear back soon, I believe this is the West Coast school that I have the best shot at getting in. For the record, I interviewed at another school and a person with a slightly better DAT score (27) had already received their interview invite from UofP as an OOS applicant. Still West Coast tho.

Word is that since they just moved to their new school that they are behind in reviewing applications. The rep. said they've reviewed 10-25% of applications, which is hard to believe since they are already filling up interview dates thru November. Good news is if you do get an interview it's almost a guaranteed acceptance.

Word is that since they just moved to their new school that they are behind in reviewing applications. The rep. said they've reviewed 10-25% of applications, which is hard to believe since they are already filling up interview dates thru November. Good news is if you do get an interview it's almost a guaranteed acceptance.
Everyone keeps saying (Admissions included...) that you're pretty much guaranteed once you receive an interview. Last year 298 were interviewed (194 in-state) and 141 enrolled (106 in-state). Do you think ~50% of the interviewees declined acceptance for other dental schools? I realize there are other, cheaper dental schools that people would prefer but that still doesn't seem like a shoe in.

Everyone keeps saying (Admissions included...) that you're pretty much guaranteed once you receive an interview. Last year 298 were interviewed (194 in-state) and 141 enrolled (106 in-state). Do you think ~50% of the interviewees declined acceptance for other dental schools? I realize there are other, cheaper dental schools that people would prefer but that still doesn't seem like a shoe in.

U of P has one of the highest (if not the highest) rate of offers/matriculation - the rep. quoted 64% of people offered matriculated. Compared to most other schools (who are more in the 20-30% range) that is pretty high. So lets do some math, if 141 people enrolled, and that's 64% of the people offered, then about 220 offers were extended. So in the end you're looking at an interview to offer rate of almost 75%. I'd say that's a pretty good chance.

However, I do see your point; keep in mind Admissions people want to make you feel comfortable and relaxed so they can see who you really are. That is probably a large reason why they perpetuate the idea that you will get in, once you get an interview. We've all heard stories of weirdos that do stupid things at interview day and blow their chances at acceptance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
soooo.... any new invites yet!??!?! October is here!!

did you guys get an email confirmation saying that they received your digital photo

INTERVIEW!!!

They called today. Scheduled for November 6th! I can't even believe it!

INTERVIEW!!!

They called today. Scheduled for November 6th! I can't even believe it!
congrats! so happy for you! Would you mind sharing when you received your "application complete and under review" email? Thanks!

congrats! so happy for you! Would you mind sharing when you received your "application complete and under review" email? Thanks!
Thank you!!! I got that email on September 10th :)

So.... They are still inviting applicants... It's just not me.... I do not mind to be a post Dec, as long as I get invited :arghh:

I posted on the main board but I also received an invite yesterday and scheduled for Nov. 6th.

OMG just got an interview!!!!!!!!!!! SO happy!!! Anyone know the chances of acceptance based on interview invite?

OMG just got an interview!!!!!!!!!!! SO happy!!! Anyone know the chances of acceptance based on interview invite?
Congrats! I think for UoP if you get an interview you are basically in, unless you screw up big time on your interview. Would you mind sharing your stats?

Hello everyone,

I just submitted my application during the first week of october (I know, so late) and I wanted to know my chances of getting an interview.

DAT scores AA/TS/PAT 24/25/23
GPA overall : 3.2
science: still being calculated but probably around 3.2/3.3

My GPA is relatively low and my DAT scores are a little above average. I just wanted to know if anyone has gotten an interview with similar stats or knows anyone with similar stats who has gotten one. Thanks for the help! Good luck to everyone!

You could always try emailing the admissions committees and letting them know that you are seriously interested in them. Some schools choose not to invite certain people from out of state because they assume they'll have many more offers and choose to go to an in-state school.

I only say this because I recently talked with an admissions officer from one of my top choices (which I hadn't received an invite to yet) and she was so thrilled that I was actually interested in their school. She said that my GPA and DAT were killer, and that I was more than qualified for their program. Since I showed my interest, she extended an interview invitation to me and basically said that I will most likely be accepted. Realistically, they can't invite everyone with high numbers, so they have to do the best they can at guessing who really wants to go there.

Word of caution: Be careful how you let them know you're interested. Don't come off as arrogant. Also, this may not work for every school!

So...I'm assuming you have like 3.9+ GPA and 23+ DAT then...? That sort of doesn't apply for a lot of us though :/

I received my interview call from Janelle today for an early November interview and want to give hope to people. My stats are low aside from my DAT's, but I got a Pre-December interview from UoP! I submitted my application mid September. To add on, I do not intend to graduate with a bachelors in any particular field either.

STATS: 3.02 BCP, 3.1 overall, 26 PAT/26 Gchem/24OChem/22 Bio/24 Reading/25 QR

I received my interview call from Janelle today for an early November interview and want to give hope to people. My stats are low aside from my DAT's, but I got a Pre-December interview from UoP! I submitted my application mid September. To add on, I do not intend to graduate with a bachelors in any particular field either.

Congrats that's amazing and best of luck!!!!

Congrats but you submitted AADSAS mid-September??

Wow

wow, killer DAT scores.

Congrats but you submitted AADSAS mid-September??
I submitted my app in early august, but my DAT scores/LOR's were not sent in till mid september. So I should rephrase my application wasn't completed until mid september.

Wow

wow, killer DAT scores.

The assistant Dean had told me the previous year that UoP emphasizes DAT scores over everything else, hence why I placed such a high priority over it. Granted, I dedicated over 200 hours cramming hard for that exam.

The assistant Dean had told me the previous year that UoP emphasizes DAT scores over everything else, hence why I placed such a high priority over it. Granted, I dedicated over 200 hours cramming hard for that exam.
That Kinda explains as to why I have not heard any from them yet....I thought I fall into their average DAT scores.. :bang::bang:

Where does my 22 fall? The average category?

Interview on November 24th! Received the email and phone call yesterday (Oct 28th)!

Yeah, so my stats are GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/28/none. And my application was mailed on 7/07, so forever ago. Haha I was pretty surprised to get an interview after that wait.

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/28/none. And my application was mailed on 7/07, so forever ago. Haha I was pretty surprised to get an interview after that wait.

Thanks and congrats again! Seeing you get an interview is probably making everyone in here anxious and relieved at the same time. Haha.

Your RC score is amazing!