***The Official University of the Pacific Dugoni Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Yeah, so my stats are GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/28/none. And my application was mailed on 7/07, so forever ago. Haha I was pretty surprised to get an interview after that wait.
Congrats! I got the "under review" email on 8/19 and haven't heard from them so I was losing hope. My stats are similar to yours too (slightly lower gpa but slightly higher DAT). Are you OOS or CA resident?

I'm flying out today for an interview tomorrow, Nov 3.

Does anyone know about scholarship opportunities at UoP? I've heard a little about a Dean's Scholarship. Do you guys know any details?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I got the "under review" email on 8/19 and haven't heard from them so I was losing hope. My stats are similar to yours too (slightly lower gpa but slightly higher DAT). Are you OOS or CA resident?
I'm OOS. I bet you'll hear something soon :)

I'm flying out today for an interview tomorrow, Nov 3.

Does anyone know about scholarship opportunities at UoP? I've heard a little about a Dean's Scholarship. Do you guys know any details?
GOOD LUCK in your interview today! (sorry I don't know the answer to your question..)

Has an interviewee dropped a class? And if so, how did you do it? Did you tell them first before you dropped or after?

Hi guys,

I'm a Canadian Applicant with a 3.34 overall GPA, 3.67 science GPA, Canadian DAT: 20 in every section, Masters in Accounting and Designated CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant). I applied through AADSAS on 11/07/2014 (kinda followed the Canadian timeline which isn't rolling) which I now know was way too late.

What do you guys think my chances are at UOP?

Hi guys,

I'm a Canadian Applicant with a 3.34 overall GPA, 3.67 science GPA, Canadian DAT: 20 in every section, Masters in Accounting and Designated CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant). I applied through AADSAS on 11/07/2014 (kinda followed the Canadian timeline which isn't rolling) which I now know was way too late.

What do you guys think my chances are at UOP?

Chances are pretty low. I'm OOS, 24 DAT, 3.9 GPA, 1000+ hours as a dental assisting, and I submitted at the end of July. I never heard from UoP.

Does anyone know if this school does post-December interviews. My application went from Waiting Additional Information to Application Complete. I sent my unofficial DAT scores to them 3 weeks ago and my official ones are still not on AADSAS yet. I don't know if they are waiting for the official still.

I know the majority of you will ignore this advice but if you have not received an invite it's not too late, at all. Just take a deep breath and relax. UOP will interview into 2015. I didn't interview until January. Quite a few of my classmates interviewed even later in the cycle. I've been where you all were and trust me it will all work out. Admissions will probably be a little slower than usual this year as we just moved to a brand new school and they are still working out the kinks. Take this time to relax and enjoy life before dental school starts where you will be busier than ever.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if this school does post-December interviews. My application went from Waiting Additional Information to Application Complete. I sent my unofficial DAT scores to them 3 weeks ago and my official ones are still not on AADSAS yet. I don't know if they are waiting for the official still.
Same here. The first time I took the DAT, the scores were posted in 8 days. It's been over three weeks this time around. What's the deal?!?

Reactions: 1 user
Same here. The first time I took the DAT, the scores were posted in 8 days. It's been over three weeks this time around. What's the deal?!?

Thank god I am not the only one who has been wondering for the past few weeks what is taking so long. I have called them and asked what has taken so long and they didn't even tell me a straight answer. Last time I took the DAT my scores were up in ~10 days too, but they really did something this year to delay everything.

Thank god I am not the only one who has been wondering for the past few weeks what is taking so long. I have called them and asked what has taken so long and they didn't even tell me a straight answer. Last time I took the DAT my scores were up in ~10 days too, but they really did something this year to delay everything.
I called ADEA AADSAS today. She said give it 4 weeks max then call ADA. Really don't want to wait or run into any potential complications so I think I'll call ADA tomorrow. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called ADEA AADSAS today. She said give it 4 weeks max then call ADA. Really don't want to wait or run into any potential complications so I think I'll call ADA tomorrow. Best of luck!

They usually upload them every Friday that's what I was reading on old SDN forums. I'm going to wait til Friday (again) to see if anything happens. If nothing, then I'm calling up ADA too.

They usually upload them every Friday that's what I was reading on old SDN forums. I'm going to wait til Friday (again) to see if anything happens. If nothing, then I'm calling up ADA too.
Hey I'm glad I called yesterday because they were posted right after that! Give them a ring!!

Hey I'm glad I called yesterday because they were posted right after that! Give them a ring!!

Thanks! Yea I noticed that last night when I logged into AADSAS too. I called some schools up to ask them to update my AADSAS status since my new scores are up. However, the schools said that they can't see the new scores yet. They said they will probably be able to see it tomorrow or next Friday based on the system. I guess its the waiting game for now. Good luck :thumbup:

Is there any writing exercise in UOP interview??? Thanks!

GOT THE CALL. 5 minutes ago.
best day of my life.

Those of you that got calls, have you received your email? I need something visible to look at to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Those of you that got calls, have you received your email? I need something visible to look at to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Haha! I feel the same.. I haven't received an email yet either. I just want to be able to read it in writing over and over and let it sink in.

Just got an email saying this:

"We thank you for coming to interview at Pacific. Unfortunately, due to the holiday weekend, your interview file is pending with the Executive Admissions Committee.

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for the inconvenience. Please rest assured that we are doing everything we can to expedite the process."

Does anyone know if this is a bad sign/rejection? UoP was my top choice :(

I know the majority of you will ignore this advice but if you have not received an invite it's not too late, at all. Just take a deep breath and relax. UOP will interview into 2015. I didn't interview until January. Quite a few of my classmates interviewed even later in the cycle. I've been where you all were and trust me it will all work out. Admissions will probably be a little slower than usual this year as we just moved to a brand new school and they are still working out the kinks. Take this time to relax and enjoy life before dental school starts where you will be busier than ever.

Thank you so much for the reassurance! I have a quick question for you. How early did you apply? I applied at the end of June, and still haven't heard from UOP about a possible interview :( I feel as though my application at this point has already been looked over and rejected.

"We thank you for coming to interview at Pacific. Unfortunately, due to the holiday weekend, your interview file is pending with the Executive Admissions Committee.

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for the inconvenience. Please rest assured that we are doing everything we can to expedite the process."

I also received this email today. Could I ask when you interviewed and how you felt about it? I interviewed mid-november, and actually thought the interview was rather difficult for me. So I must say Im a bit anxious about it.

I also received this email today. Could I ask when you interviewed and how you felt about it? I interviewed mid-november, and actually thought the interview was rather difficult for me. So I must say Im a bit anxious about it.

I interviewed mid-november as well. I thought the interview was rather laid back. No tricky questions and rather conversation based. Lets hope for the best in the coming days.

I got the same email. I interviewed the Monday before Thanksgiving, and they told us that we most likely wouldn't hear back on the 1st. I'm sure we'll hear back soon though :)

Thank you so much for the reassurance! I have a quick question for you. How early did you apply? I applied at the end of June, and still haven't heard from UOP about a possible interview :( I feel as though my application at this point has already been looked over and rejected.

I had my app submitted within the first week I believe. I waited and waited until winter time where I finally got my invite. I know exactly how you feel. Everyone that didn't get in don't worry! It is nice to have an answer this early in the process but there's a long way to go. Once you get into dental school it doesn't matter if it was December 1st or after the first week of school has already started (yes that can happen). Just realize its out of your control and try to relax. Still monitor your email and what not but don't try to interpret every little status or lack there of. To those of you that got into this school or any other school my advice is this: enjoy your free time while you still have it!

Reactions: 2 users
I had my app submitted within the first week I believe. I waited and waited until winter time where I finally got my invite. I know exactly how you feel. Everyone that didn't get in don't worry! It is nice to have an answer this early in the process but there's a long way to go. Once you get into dental school it doesn't matter if it was December 1st or after the first week of school has already started (yes that can happen). Just realize its out of your control and try to relax. Still monitor your email and what not but don't try to interpret every little status or lack there of. To those of you that got into this school or any other school my advice is this: enjoy your free time while you still have it!

This helps so much! Thank you for your words of advice. It is very much appreciate.

I got the call!!! I cannot believe it. So happy la;sjfdowiejfao;sdjflkadsjfiowejfla;sjdflkjasdklf

Reactions: 3 users
So, how are my fellow UOPers planning to take on the financial load that comes with this school? (eg- living with family close by, living in cheaper parts of the Bay Area, NHSC or military scholarships, loan repayment plans after graduation, living off of oatmeal and Ramen through school, creating a popular Youtube channel that gets millions of views, etc.) I'd love to hear your ideas.

Yeah, I have been thinking about this too. I am going to try for the NHSC scholarship program. Also, since UoP is so darn close to Bart, I am thinking about living in a cheaper area that Bart connects to like Lafayette. Oh yeah, plus I am planning on winning the lotto in a bit. It works out.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who has been accepted received the snail mail packet yet? The email said it would be sent out the same day (Dec 1) and I still haven't received it.

Has anyone who has been accepted received the snail mail packet yet? The email said it would be sent out the same day (Dec 1) and I still haven't received it.
Yeah I received mine last Tuesday in the mail. Im in Utah... It was in a regular size envelope

Yeah I received mine last Tuesday in the mail. Im in Utah... It was in a regular size envelope
Yeah I received that envelope as well. I thought I remembered hearing in the phone call that we were supposed to receive a packet as well but maybe I misheard.

Just got a phone call today to interview on January 15! SO EXCITED! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
INVITED FOR AN INTERVIEW!!! Scheduled for Jan 22. Just made my day!

Reactions: 1 users
If you don't mind please share your stats and mailed out day.

AADSAS mail-out date: 9/19
Application complete date: 10/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.58, 3.79
DAT: 23 AA/25 TS/23 PAT/21 RC

Got my acceptance call!!

Hey all I officially turned down a 60K scholarship, I hope one of you gets it!! good luck!!!