***The Official University of Utah School of Dentistry Interview/Acceptance Thread 2019***

caturday24/7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This program is new and I'm excited about the opportunity to be a part of the accreditation process. The U of U is famous for its stellar medical reputation; has anyone heard anything about the school of dentistry or the staff?

Members don't see this ad.

Heard from here today, I'd love to have the opportunity to be one of the "pioneer" classes for this school

Reactions: 1 user
Unless you're a resident of Utah, I wouldn't bother to apply. They did not accept any OOS for the 2017 class according to the ADEA guide

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm following the link to pay my secondary fee to Utah and it is saying it is for the 2013-2014 cycle. Anyone else having this problem? Should I just submit anyway?

Just received an email stating they made a mistake. Seems like everyone who already paid their fee is in the clear even if it said the wrong year.

I was first batch, with UoU supplemental and fee done in June and I just got the email saying they have received everything and my app is now under review as of July 20. The email said to expect further correspondence in the Fall of 2014.

So that's cool.

Reactions: 1 users
Unless you're a resident of Utah, I wouldn't bother to apply. They did not accept any OOS for the 2017 class according to the ADEA guide
They added 2 oos spots for the 2018 and it sounds like more to come in the future. It's not a lot but it's something...

Wow so the chance of an oos applicant matriculating went from 0% to about 2%. Still not worth applying to IMO

I found this post a little too late :(
I applied to this school but OOS (average stats). There goes my $....

I'm at the U right now and I'm one of 2 OOS students in our class.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone called the U to ask when they are planning on sending out interview invites?

I'm at the U right now and I'm one of 2 OOS students in our class.
Hey aallyson, you just started first year then? What is it like? They're my top choice and I just received an interview so I'm super stoked! I'd love to hear a student's perspective of the program so far. PM me if you wouldn't mind.

Hey aallyson, you just started first year then? What is it like? They're my top choice and I just received an interview so I'm super stoked! I'd love to hear a student's perspective of the program so far. PM me if you wouldn't mind.

Last edited:
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?
Where else have you received invites?

Received an e-mail invite on wednesday afternoon for an interview. :) They start interviewing monday!

Interview Invite
School: University of Utah
Notification date: 10/03/2014
Method of notification: email
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.75, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR): 20/20/21/26/16

I'm a first year student at the U right now. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Also, there is 23 students in our class this year, not 20. Just a FYI

Received an interview invitation Wednesday (10/08)!

I'm a first year student at the U right now. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Also, there is 23 students in our class this year, not 20. Just a FYI
Hello, thanks for being so friendly and offering to help. I just received an interview invite and was wondering what the types of questions they asked you were like? Were there questions regarding current events, health policy, or politics?

Thanks so much!

Received an invite today, 10/13 and interviewing on Wednesday 10/15!

My portal was just updated to "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school." Is this what everyone's says?

My portal was just updated to "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school." Is this what everyone's says?
Yes mine says the same thing...

Good luck to all and to all a good night!

"Offer made!!"

"Offer made" where's the email!?

I saw on the ADEA AADSAS portal!

Accepted! Go UTAH!:soexcited:
E-mail just sent.

Just got the e-mail. What a great day. Congrats everyone!

Let's get a Facebook group of those who have accepted their offer and definitely matriculating!

FYI - For those of you who are accepting your offer to the U, I have created a Facebook group so we can get to know each other before August, search "University of Utah School of Dentistry Class of 2019"

Congratulations!

When does school actually start? I can't seem to find an academic calendar anywhere

Anyone declining an acceptance?

@scloud I think they start at the same time that the University of Utah School of Medicine starts, some time in August, maybe the second week.

I know someone who might be declining.

I was just placed on the alternate list by the way. Does anyone know if they have a wait list as well or if the alternate list is the same thing?

How do you know you were placed on the alternate list? Did you get an e-mail?

The alternate list is the same thing as the wait list. I was told in an email from one school that I was on the alternate list and when aadsas updated it simply said "waitlisted".

The alternate list is the same thing as the wait list. I was told in an email from one school that I was on the alternate list and when aadsas updated it simply said "waitlisted".
I asked Gary Louder that question and he said they are different at the U. Wait list is higher priority. I wish they wouldn't assume that's obvious! Important detail for us to know.

I asked Gary Louder that question and he said they are different at the U. Wait list is higher priority. I wish they wouldn't assume that's obvious! Important detail for us to know.
You are correct, Dr. Lowder did say they were different when I talked to him last. Are you gonna be going to the U of U SoD??