***the official unlv class of 2018 interview/acceptance thread***

I have also noticed the insanely high course fee at UNE.
would you mind sharing the link for the one you taking.
I am hoping it is not too late already to enrol.
Thank you

I'm taking a class at Saddleback College. It's not online unfortunately.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm interviewing on Jan. 31st. Frankly, it doesn't really matter if it's too late or not. If you don't have any acceptances yet, then plan like this is your one shot and prep your butt off. Worrying about when you're interviewing just adds undo stress.

I'm interviewing that day too! And that's great advice to give. I definitely agree.

Just sent my letter declining UNLV. Good luck to you guys. The students seemed very happy to be there.

Reactions: 3 users
Have you guys got any updates regarding anatomy requirement?
it is pretty confusing since the info in FAQ doesn't match with the info under Application Requirement
How do you guys think of UNE online anatomy course?

I am trying to get into my local JC, otherwise I'm considering UC Berkeley Extension.

Does anyone know how competitive UNLV is for graduates that want to specialize?

Got an interview invite yesterday. Anyone have an idea how full the class is by now?

Got an interview invite yesterday. Anyone have an idea how full the class is by now?
I was told that at this point, about 3 people hold each available spot (I.e., there are 80 spots and about 240 have been accepted). However, I have two friends last year who interviewed in mid-March but were still accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
I was told that at this point, about 3 people hold each available spot (I.e., there are 80 spots and about 240 have been accepted). However, I have two friends last year who interviewed in mid-March but were still accepted.

Nice!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Could anyone who have already been interviewed explain about the "Essay Writing Exercise" that is included in interview day agenda? I am not sure if students are expected to prepare for essay writing on interview date. I appreciate if anyone clarify this.

Could anyone who have already been interviewed explain about the "Essay Writing Exercise" that is included in interview day agenda? I am not sure if students are expected to prepare for essay writing on interview date. I appreciate if anyone clarify this.

It's a simple essay. More like three questions if I remember correctly for you to answer, nothing to stress over.

Reactions: 1 user

The writing exercise is actually an optional exercise (though strongly encouraged). It's actually a pilot exercise to test if it should be added to the general admission process. It's suppose to test how well you can convey information in a short period of time.

From what they told us last week, the class is pretty full. UNLV has a strong preference for Nevada residence. From last year out of 84 student, I think only 36 were OOS.

Was offered an interview but will be declining

hey 2/7 interviewees! anyone staying at palace station and/or want to share a cab tomorrow morning?

Finished my interview today. It went very well. With the way they were talking and the very useful info given to us, they made it seem like acceptance for us interviewed post-dec is still possible.

At a glance, the info they gave leaves you feeling optimistic but a closer look hinted at something else. If you're OOS it'll be more competitive/harder to get in to the approx 36 of 84 seats reserved for OOS. A little under 2000 OOS students will be your competition. If you're in-state getting in is very easy. A whopping 48 seats out of 84 are reserved for in-state and only ~70 people in-state apply every cycle. Very little competition for them. I met so many dental students there that my suspicions were confirmed, in-state students tended to have notably weaker stats as applicants than there OOS counterparts.

EDIT: added actual numbers, which further proves what I'm saying.

EDIT #2: UNLV received 2085 applications this cycle. 209 out of the 313 interviewed so far have been sent an acceptance and 51 of those interviewed were waitlisted. These numbers give the impression that the odds are on your side. But with the info I mentioned above, the odds don't seem too good.

Last edited:
Finished my interview today. It went very well. With the way they were talking and the very useful info given to us, they made it seem like acceptance for us interviewed post-dec is still possible.

At a glance, the info they gave leaves you feeling optimistic but a closer look hinted at something else. If you're OOS it'll be more competitive/harder to get in to the approx 36 of 84 seats reserved for OOS. A little under 2000 OOS students will be your competition. If you're in-state getting in is very easy. A whopping 48 seats out of 84 are reserved for in-state and only ~70 people in-state apply every cycle. Very little competition for them. I met so many dental students there that my suspicions were confirmed, in-state students tended to have notably weaker stats as applicants than there OOS counterparts.

EDIT: added actual numbers, which further proves what I'm saying.

EDIT #2: UNLV received 2085 applications this cycle. 209 out of the 313 interviewed so far have been sent an acceptance and 51 of those interviewed were waitlisted. These numbers give the impression that the odds are on your side. But with the info I mentioned above, the odds don't seem too good.
Honestly don't give up hope yet just rock all the interviews given to you at the very least we should hear something by the end of this month!

does anyone know which building on the maps they give us were supposed to meet for the interview? the map they sent out has the abbreviations at the bottom but the buildings aren't labeled. thank you!

does anyone know which building on the maps they give us were supposed to meet for the interview? the map they sent out has the abbreviations at the bottom but the buildings aren't labeled. thank you!
itll be pretty obvious once you get there there arent that many buildings at all

I think its building A.

Just landed! Really looking forward to this interview.

How was the interview? Did they mention anything about the roster being full or when they'd give you a response?

It went great! Really like the school, and I have always had an inexplicable affinity for Vegas.

I think they said there were approximately 10ish seats left, but that they had some outstanding offers that hadn't been confirmed and we could hear as early as the end of next week.

It went great! Really like the school, and I have always had an inexplicable affinity for Vegas.

I think they said there were approximately 10ish seats left, but that they had some outstanding offers that hadn't been confirmed and we could hear as early as the end of next week.

Thanks for the response. I'm interviewing there in a couple weeks. Hopefully there will be some spots left.

they seem to be sending out loads of interview invites with only 10ish seats left... i wonder why

they seem to be sending out loads of interview invites with only 10ish seats left... i wonder why

I don't really know. Obviously these folks hold seats at multiple schools. Maybe it's the price that scares them off, maybe they just don't think they can handle living in Vegas. At any rate, I will be glad to take one of their spots haha

And no problem, jammc89!

One possible reason: theyre casting a wide as net possible to be able to get the best students into their school as they can. Why? Since most seats have to go to instate applicants and only like 70 apply each year the quality of student they have to accept isnt that good and that makes their school look bad so they try to balance it out by doing all they can to get the highest quality OOS students they can. Another possible reason why their sending out so many interview invites is due to accepted students liking and picking other schools over them.

One possible reason: theyre casting a wide as net possible to be able to get the best students into their school as they can. Why? Since most seats have to go to instate applicants and only like 70 apply each year the quality of student they have to accept isnt that good and that makes their school look bad so they try to balance it out by doing all they can to get the highest quality OOS students they can.

According to their handouts and presentation, they had 80 in state applications this year for 48 seats. Whether that has anything to do with their methods or not is another question altogether.

Did the admissions comm say they were going to meet together on the 20th and make decisions? Anyone planning on calling that day or just waiting to see if you get a packet in the mail??
Ah I want to get in here so bad..

Did the admissions comm say they were going to meet together on the 20th and make decisions? Anyone planning on calling that day or just waiting to see if you get a packet in the mail??
Ah I want to get in here so bad..

I don't know what day, but they are for sure meeting this week. Denials via email, acceptances through snail mail. Should have an idea by Thursday or Friday.

They told us they were meeting on the 18th (today) and you could call the day after to see if u got accepted

Ill probably give them a call today after I get off work, I don't think I can wait till tomorrow!

I emailed them last week and they said that they were meeting the 20th. When did they tell you they were meeting today? That would be great of we found out our status today or tomorrow!

They told us they were meeting on the 18th (today) and you could call the day after to see if u got accepted
Ya when I was at the interview on the 7th, they told us they would meet on the 20th, but Im assuming WastedTime was at the interview on the 14th and they told him differently?

Ya when I was at the interview on the 7th, they told us they would meet on the 20th, but Im assuming WastedTime was at the interview on the 14th and they told him differently?

i interviewed on january 31st... thats what i remember them saying... they could have very well changed it

Did anyone call? i interviewed on 1/24 and they told us to check back on the 18th...