***the official unlv class of 2019 interview/acceptance thread***

hugomaaf

General Dentist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

let's get the discussion started, really hoping to get in this year, just got my "file under review" email today.

Good to you all as well.

:):):thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone get app complete email other than they received aadsas app? esp for first batch...

I've gotten nothing. I emailed them and they said my app wouldn't be complete until my last letter of rec shows up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called to check that my secondary was received. Left a message and am awaiting a call back

I mailed my supplemental application last week. Got the "under review" email this morning.

@ddsDreamz strange. I mailed my supplement about a month ago and haven't heard anything from them. Hopefully it didn't get lost in the mail :shrug:

@ddsDreamz strange. I mailed my supplement about a month ago and haven't heard anything from them. Hopefully it didn't get lost in the mail :shrug:

Call and ask to make sure the supplement was received. I did earlier today and was told it was received and my app would be sent to the adcom for review tomorrow. Interview invites should start towards the beginning or middle of August.

Call and ask to make sure the supplement was received. I did earlier today and was told it was received and my app would be sent to the adcom for review tomorrow. Interview invites should start towards the beginning or middle of August.

I went to their simulation course in June, the admission staffs said that they will be sending invites in July, and the interviews starting in August. I am hoping we are still the early group since they use rolling admission system.

Whoever I spoke with said invites go out in August, interviews start in September

I got a "under review" mail about a week ago, and have not heard anything since then..
May be they send out invitations on Aug.. May be??
Since I am an international applicant, I am not sure how much of chance I got though. haha

Have any in-state students gotten interviews? Dr. Ancajas told me they would send out interviews to instaters as early as end of june if they sent the application in right when it opened.

Have any in-state students gotten interviews? Dr. Ancajas told me they would send out interviews to instaters as early as end of june if they sent the application in right when it opened.

I am instate, really hoping I can hear something soon, are u instate as well?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I've gotten nothing. I emailed them and they said my app wouldn't be complete until my last letter of rec shows up.
What's their email address ?
My supplemental was received by UNLV this past Monday (7/28) but I haven't received app completion email yet.

Last edited:
I would suggest u call them to make sure they got everything

Pay $1.05 extra in postage to get a tracking number. Peace of mind is worth it, specially if you apply to a lot of schools. Why worry about it being lost in the mail? Even for 20 schools, it would amount to about $20, and not all schools request mailing either.

I would suggest u call them to make sure they got everything

I called today and they said I need a total of four letters ?!!? I thought they only required 3 !

Anyone know how lenient they are with the nonscience LOR? I am a non traditional and have taken only science courses the last few years. My last nonscience course was 10 years aho

Anyone know how lenient they are with the nonscience LOR? I am a non traditional and have taken only science courses the last few years. My last nonscience course was 10 years aho
I would suggest u call them about that as well, I had a committee letter turned in so I didn't need to have a non-science LOR, from the impression I have with the staff, they seems very relax when it come to situation like yours.

I would call Dr Ancajas asap. They wouldn't review my application until all 4 of my letters were received through aadsas

Heres what the UNLV website says about the LOR requirements:

"If the school does not have a committee, an applicant must submit four individual letters of evaluation (at least 2 from science professors). A letter from a dentist for whom the applicant has worked or shadowed is required in both cases."

I don't believe we need a non-science LOR.

Reactions: 1 user
did either of your aadsas updates change or does it still just say application complete?

I submitted two from dentists and two from science professors and I got an application complete/under review email so I'm assuming the letters were enough.
thanks !!

Got my interview email today! Nevada resident here

no a non science professor so like your English teacher for example

From the UNLV website on the FAQ page:

"Four letters of evaluation are required. Two must be from science professors, the third from a liberal arts professor but an employer, pastor, etc. is acceptable, and the fourth letter must be written by a dentist with whom you have shadowed or worked."

@predentprincess Please research and be absolutely sure before advising people.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted 3 letters from science professors (I believe the third one can be a person of your choice, so I was told, but now it got me thinking I should double check with the office). And the forth letter from a dentist. I got application complete e mail while ago, not yet invited to an interview:(. Is this because I am oos?! So intense..

Last edited:
I submitted 3 letters from science professors (I believe the third one can be a person of your choice, so I was told, but now it got me thinking I should double check with the office). And the forth letter from a dentist. I got application complete e mail while ago, not yet invited to an interview:(. Is this because I am oos?! So intense..

It's still really early in the cycle. And so far the 3 people (including myself) who had received Invitation are all instate. I wouldn't worry too much at this point, from what I know UNLV interview ~300 people from OSS last year, and only ~50 from instate.

:(
It's still really early in the cycle. And so far the 3 people (including myself) who had received Invitation are all instate. I wouldn't worry too much at this point, from what I know UNLV interview ~300 people from OSS last year, and only ~50 from instate.
Ok I see. Patience is all I need now:p. Best of luck to you!!!

I have a buddy who doesn't use sdn who received an interview from unlv yesterday. He got a 19 AA on the dat not sure on his Gpa and his residency is nevada.

Interview today oos(UT). Sept. 19th.

Yes!! Got an interview at UNLV today! California resident.