***the official unlv class of 2019 interview/acceptance thread***

Checked my mail, got on the alternate list. I interviewed late November. From the earlier posts, I had already written off my chances at UNLV but this gives me hope! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if UNLV accepts letters of intent or interest? I was wondering who I should send it to, maybe my interviewer or the admissions committee? Email or letter? Or maybe does anyone know anything i can do to help my chances this late in the game? thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if UNLV accepts letters of intent or interest? I was wondering who I should send it to, maybe my interviewer or the admissions committee? Email or letter? Or maybe does anyone know anything i can do to help my chances this late in the game? thanks everyone.
Of course they'll accept them, whether it will help you is another matter. If you're not on the alternate list at this point then I don't know if anything but reapplying is an option.

Did anyone call in about getting lower than a b average? I got a b-......and if so, what happened?

I got the same answer you guys got:

Recent Activity by AdCom: 8 Acceptances / 25 Applicant waitlist.

No decision has been made, need to call back mid April

Interviewed Jan 23.

I am losing hope here...

How did you know of this "Recent Activity" by AdCom, no one ever picked up when I called. Can someone else confirm this? Thanks

Did anyone call in about getting lower than a b average? I got a b-......and if so, what happened?

I asked that question before this semester started, Dr Ancajas told me just simply don't got any Cs, B is ok. I would assume B- is fine as well. And if u do got a C, they won't worry if it's like a history or literature class.

I think I might have to email her soon too since I am not doing so well in my P Chem lab class.

Hope this help.

I asked that question before this semester started, Dr Ancajas told me just simply don't got any Cs, B is ok. I would assume B- is fine as well. And if u do got a C, they won't worry if it's like a history or literature class.

I think I might have to email her soon too since I am not doing so well in my P Chem lab class.

Hope this help.

thanks hugomaaf! i actually just called in this morning, and dr. ancajas told me the b average applied to the whole quarter! hope that helps you out too :)

How did you know of this "Recent Activity" by AdCom, no one ever picked up when I called. Can someone else confirm this? Thanks

I called 702-774-2520. If you read a few post above mine, someone else called and got the same information.

I called 702-774-2520. If you read a few post above mine, someone else called and got the same information.
Thanks! I got the receptionist this time & according to her Adcom. will meet again on the 14th, so we may call back later to see if we've made the waitlist/rejected.

Hope this help.

I got a B+ and 2 C+s this quarter, but I have another quarter to go in which I plan to do much better... Do you think I have to report it now or can I just wait until I'm done with spring quarter to show improvement? My C+s were not in pre-reqs, they were just in ecological bio classes for my major :(

Last time I spoke to Adcom she said it was possible to get accepted from a prior "no decision" even if you were not placed on the wait list. There's still hope.

I got a B+ and 2 C+s this quarter, but I have another quarter to go in which I plan to do much better... Do you think I have to report it now or can I just wait until I'm done with spring quarter to show improvement? My C+s were not in pre-reqs, they were just in ecological bio classes for my major :(

I don't know man, my gut tells me that shouldn't be a big deal.

I would suggest you email Dr Ancajas and let her know, that way you don't have to keep thinking about this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just called and was told that five acceptances went out yesterday. They will have until the 30th of this month to make a decision, so those of us on the alternate list should check back the first week of May.

Just called and was told that five acceptances went out yesterday. They will have until the 30th of this month to make a decision, so those of us on the alternate list should check back the first week of May.

How did they notify people if they're accepted off waitlist?

:yawn: the waiting game continues...Does anyone knows how many acceptances have they sent out so far? Thanks

:yawn: the waiting game continues...Does anyone knows how many acceptances have they sent out so far? Thanks

In all seriousness, the class is full and we need to hope people turn down their acceptance to have a chance. Wait until the first week of May and call again for an update.

In all seriousness, the class is full and we need to hope people turn down their acceptance to have a chance. Wait until the first week of May and call again for an update.
No means to offend you, but that number is preposterous for a class that is 75-81 students. If you don't mind, could you provide where you got your sources from? Thanks

No means to offend you, but that number is preposterous for a class that is 75-81 students. If you don't mind, could you provide where you got your sources from? Thanks
he said he was kidding.

"in all seriousness"

Was told to call back may 24. I'm not on alternate list, instead I'm on the no decision list. They just need to reject people already

Was told to call back may 24. I'm not on alternate list, instead I'm on the no decision list. They just need to reject people already
That's messed up lol

That's messed up lol

Reading that again I realize people will take that the wrong way. I really meant they should just reject me already. I feel like they're just teasing me by saying call back again and again.

Reactions: 1 users
Reading that again I realize people will take that the wrong way. I really meant they should just reject me already. I feel like they're just teasing me by saying call back again and again.
I see what you're saying. I definitely agree with you on that.

I agree. I'm still undecided and I've lost hope reading these past few comments :slap:

It's true, but only because they know that a lot of them won't end up going to UNLV. It was said during the interview.

I guess it takes two to play this yanking game, dental schools know that people will more likely drop their OOS Acceptance, if they are accepted IS or to their #1 choice. Hence, they will keep as many candidate on their alternate/no decision list as much as possible. :bored:

I guess it takes two to play this yanking game, dental schools know that people will more likely drop their OOS Acceptance, if they are accepted IS or to their #1 choice. Hence, they will keep as many candidate on their alternate/no decision list as much as possible. :bored:
I remember during this Invisalign conference, the doctor was like "We all know dentists are the biggest hedgers, we gotta hedge everthing...this may or may not happen with a patient etc." Seems so true now...they are hedging their bets basically

I called to ask for the status of my application and they told me to call back May 13th. Apparently the final decision will be made then :(:(
I wish I'd just know if I got in or not...

So, their decision is 'no decision' has been decided for your app.o_O

Who is in state and out of state? You are all asking questions without stating if you are applying from instate or not. This school is a big in state favor. If you are out of state and haven't received acceptance yet, I wouldn't expect much more. If you are instate and haven't received a notice, don't give up hope but do give up hope if you don't get in by next month (may) and just reapply as soon as possible.

Everyone please state if you are in state or out of state applicants. You guys are just talking without any helpful advice or info. And some of you really should consider doing something else if your grammar is this bad even after finishing undergrad. Seriously. It looks like bunch of ******s still waiting response. Stop smoking dope and hoping to become a dentist.

Not if you're out of state
Hey bro/bra, I don't know what crawl up behind your perineal today but there's no need for all that derogatory verbiage on here. Maybe, there is someone in your family that is ******ed, better yet go take a real close look in the mirror before you judge a person by their responses. And for someone who corrects people on their grammar, you should learn how to use 'punctuations' properly before displacing your futile effort.
:slap:(And some of you really should consider doing something else if your grammar is this bad even after finishing undergrad. Seriously. It looks like bunch of ******s still waiting response.)

Everyone please state if you are in state or out of state applicants. You guys are just talking without any helpful advice or info. And some of you really should consider doing something else if your grammar is this bad even after finishing undergrad. Seriously. It looks like bunch of ******s still waiting response. Stop smoking dope and hoping to become a dentist.

Proofread your grammar before criticizing others.

I'm glad someone was able to correct some of my mistakes too. I'm also glad you ******s get annoyed by my post. It must really suck for deadragonz being on this site for past 3 years without getting accepted and I totally understand your frustration. You should be frustrated living in texas and just can't even get into a hick dental school and looking elsewhere to accept your ****** azz---I said the R word but I did not say the A word all the way. Got to give me credit for something. Anyways, I'm rambling here and listening to some sorry ******s complaining about how the school is not accepting them but I just wanted to let you know that this is all your fault. You should have studied a little more and got better grades instead of complaining about schools not accepting you. Keep in mind that dental school is really not for ******s. They are going to work on real human teeth later in their career and I don't want someone like you who gets pissed off over little verbiage working on my teeth either. You really should try for dental hygiene. I think it's more at your level. Again, my apologies for many gay happy people who got offended over my R word. Good luck and learn to give up when it's not meant for you.

I'm glad someone was able to correct some of my mistakes too. I'm also glad you ******s get annoyed by my post. It must really suck for deadragonz being on this site for past 3 years without getting accepted and I totally understand your frustration. You should be frustrated living in texas and just can't even get into a hick dental school and looking elsewhere to accept your ****** azz---I said the R word but I did not say the A word all the way. Got to give me credit for something. Anyways, I'm rambling here and listening to some sorry ******s complaining about how the school is not accepting them but I just wanted to let you know that this is all your fault. You should have studied a little more and got better grades instead of complaining about schools not accepting you. Keep in mind that dental school is really not for ******s. They are going to work on real human teeth later in their career and I don't want someone like you who gets pissed off over little verbiage working on my teeth either. You really should try for dental hygiene. I think it's more at your level. Again, my apologies for many gay happy people who got offended over my R word. Good luck and learn to give up when it's not meant for you.

Good job getting your profile banned 'toothfalls', but I am sure this wasn't your 1st time. So keep on coming back and post your belittle comments on these pre-dental forums, because this is your level, this is your joy and pride (internet trolling). I am flatter to know that you took the time & effort to look into my profile and past comments, but again this is what you do, this is all that you are. So, go ahead, hide in the shadow and burrow through every little bit of information that you can find on here, I am not ashamed of who I am or where I came from. If it makes you feel any better about yourself to know that someone may or may not be accepted on these forums, by all means continue to browse and burrow in your tunnel. Any who, I am done saying my piece, someone else can chime in if they want, but :troll:.

I get the feeling this guy is sitting at a desk covered in Dorito crumbs and got really sweaty and angry after writing that. Good luck in the job market, big guy.

That person just created the account, wrote 4 messages and got banned right away. I guess being a bully caused his tooth to fall right out of this forum. Have fun trolling somewhere else.

For those of you who are not on the wait list be the school claims to still be considering you, do you have any hope? I'm asking because I'm in the same boat

For those of you who are not on the wait list be the school claims to still be considering you, do you have any hope? I'm asking because I'm in the same boat

I'm one of the few on the waitlist and I've lost hope. Granted, I have another acceptance, but I would save about $80-100k if I went to UNLV.