***the official unlv class of 2019 interview/acceptance thread***

Does anyone know how often interview batches get sent out? Just wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

One month away from my interview.... Who else is going on the 19 Sep?

Hi can we know when you got the the application complete email and when did UNLV send invitation invite email? I'm just wondering roughly how long it takes them to screen your app. Thanks
I submitted my app end of June, completed my supplemental a weeks later so mailed it in second week of july. I heard back on aug 6th. I would say about 4 week turn around which is pretty fast compared to the some of the other schools i applied to this year. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I got the "application complete, forwarded to adcom" email on 8/5, and I haven't heard from them since then, should I be worried?! :|

So I got the "application complete, forwarded to adcom" email on 8/5, and I haven't heard from them since then, should I be worried?! :|

Maybe after 4 weeks? If no response then maybe give them a call?

I received under review email today finally.

We will see if they invite me for an interview..

I just called them this morning and she said they were sending 200 new complete apps to adcoms. I guess they send out invitations in batches. So anyone else receive any new interview from UNLV?

Congrats to everyone who got the interview invite!
I am OOS interviewing on 10/17!!
First interview this year :)

Can you guys give your batch numbers? Those who got invited for interviews that is... (and Congrats on them too!!!)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I am 2nd batch... Not sure though

Found out today that I'll be interviewing here October 3rd…I'd love to split the cost of a room with someone! Message me if you're interested.

Found out today that I'll be interviewing here October 3rd…I'd love to split the cost of a room with someone! Message me if you're interested.
Hi,
Can we know when you got your application complete email and if you are OOS? Thanks

Just got invite today. Good-luck to all!

Reactions: 1 user
Any female interested in splitting a room, let me know. My interview is on 10/17. I plan on staying 10/16 and 10/17.

For those of you with interviews, has your AADSAS status changed from "application complete" to "under review"?

Mine was changed to "Invited for Interview" haha
Haha well I meant at the time right before getting the interview obviously lol because mine is still only at the "complete" stage and not "under review"

Edit: I guess I am just getting worried and confused because I have received interviews from Columbia, CWRU and NYU but have heard nothing from UNLV even though I am in-state. I thought I had pretty solid stats but maybe I was missing something in my application that they are looking for. I know it's still early but I am thinking about maybe calling them to make sure they are reviewing my application because earlier there was a few weeks delay in getting my application complete for some reason -- my application was complete mid July but was not marked complete or sent to the adcom even in the beginning of August had I not called to check! They apologized and sent it out to adcom after I called lol

Last edited:
Haha well I meant at the time right before getting the interview obviously lol because mine is still only at the "complete" stage and not "under review"

Edit: I guess I am just getting worried and confused because I have received interviews from Columbia, CWRU and NYU but have heard nothing from UNLV even though I am in-state. I thought I had pretty solid stats but maybe I was missing something in my application that they are looking for. I know it's still early but I am thinking about maybe calling them to make sure they are reviewing my application because earlier there was a few weeks delay in getting my application complete for some reason -- my application was complete mid July but was not marked complete or sent to the adcom even in the beginning of August had I not called to check! They apologized and sent it out to adcom after I called lol
May the force be with you.

You will be FINE, stop worrying and relax. Last year about 70 instate apply and 50 went on interview, ~40 got accepted.

The odds is in your favor.

May the force be with you.

You will be FINE, stop worrying and relax. Last year about 70 instate apply and 50 went on interview, ~40 got accepted.

The odds is in your favor.

Damn, only 70 instates apply? AND they had a higher than 50% admittance rate? Nevadians (sp??) got it good...:depressed:

Damn, only 70 instates apply? AND they had a higher than 50% admittance rate? Nevadians (sp??) got it good...:depressed:
That is mainly due to the fact that not many instate apply. I know for Oklahoma, 120 instate apply and ~40 accepted.

And someone in the last year application thread said that the instate stat are much lower than OOS. Although didn't really feel like that's the case this year.

I'm booked to stay at the Super 8 by shadow lane campus from 16th to 18th of October.
If anyone is interviewing on the 17th and would like to split the cost you can message me on here!!

Anyone going to interview next Friday (19/9) need a ride in the morning and after the interview? Please let me know.

I was wondering about the same thing. I received under review email on 8/22 and never heard anything since.
Did your review e-mail look something like this

Dear Mrs Smith:

We have received all of the information and data that you have submitted and your application/file is complete. Your file will now be sent to the admissions committee for review. We will contact you as soon as the committee makes it's decesion.

Sincerely,

Christine C. Ancajas, DDS
Assistant Dean for Admissions
and Student Affairs

Did your review e-mail look something like this

Dear Mrs Smith:

We have received all of the information and data that you have submitted and your application/file is complete. Your file will now be sent to the admissions committee for review. We will contact you as soon as the committee makes it's decesion.

Sincerely,

Christine C. Ancajas, DDS
Assistant Dean for Admissions
and Student Affairs

Lol exactly

Interview invite today. Btw received my under review email from them on June 24.

I was second batch (submitted in late June) and I JUST received an invite today. Don't lose hope guys!!

After over a 2 week dry spell, I FINALLY GOT MY SECOND INTERVIEW!!! (It was funny because I was recording a message for my Dad on something else and then I happened to check my email, and then I practically screamed into his voice message when I saw the invite :laugh:)

Anyways, I'm 7th batch, sent 8/1

Interviewing on Nov. 14th

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what the chances of getting into this school once we get an interview is? I tried checkin' through last year's thread and it doesn't seem to say anything about it...but also, it looks like last year, they started giving invites REALLY late...like a person given an invite now had an interview on Sept. 25th...UNLV sure started early this year...

Wow, Columbia and CWRU? That's so awesome...I want interviews there too...:bucktooth:

School: UNLV
Notification date: 09/11/2014
Method of notification: email
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/2014
Interview date: 11/21/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.75, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR): 20/20/21/26/16

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the chances of getting into this school once we get an interview is? I tried checkin' through last year's thread and it doesn't seem to say anything about it...but also, it looks like last year, they started giving invites REALLY late...like a person given an invite now had an interview on Sept. 25th...UNLV sure started early this year...
I think I read it somewhere saying last year they interview ~300 and accepted ~150 from the OOS pool.

But I am not 100% sure on those number, if someone else have a solid data on last year please post it too.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1410611994.356503.jpg

This is not last year but for the entering class of 2013. Hope this helps guys and gals!